Éiriú-Eolas - Breathing Program

whitecoast said:
To substitute warrior's breath, pumping the belly in a rapid series of small exhales with your arms up will stimulate the the sympathetic nervous system, as with any rapid breathing. This is a yoga technique, although its name eludes me.
The one I know is Kapalabhati, here is a demonstration:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6bnFlVkKrE

mugatea said:
407 pages!! This is even longer than the KETO thread.

Yesterday was my third listen to EE and first time I listened to it fully. I always doze at the ba-ha part and for the second night in a row went to bed straight after but last night was still lying in bed for 3 or so hours before I fell asleep.

I noticed while doing EE sitting on a chair yesterday that my left foot felt funny, kinda like the tickly/funny sensation I'd get form climaxing. Soz that's a bit embarrassing to say. Is this normal? I bet not.

Jamie

Yup, it's a long thread so here's the condensed version of what you can expect from doing the EE program. Eiriu-Eolas - Guide/FAQ

whitecoast said:
nicklebleu said:
Just an interesting observation ...

I currently work and live at 4'250 m and pipe breathing is impossible. I get short of breath after only one cycle. I have been up here for over 4 weeks, but it hasn't improved. Maybe once my red blood cells increase it'll finally work?

:-[

So all I can do at the moment is listen to the EE program and muddle along - I cannot do the Warrior's breath either (for reasons of external considerations), so all I can do at the moment is the bioenergetic breathing.

Ah well, looking forward to denser air, so I can do the whole program again - I'm missing it!

Hi nicklebleu, I think there are other ways to stimulate the vagus and sympathetic nervous system that may be more suitable in a low pressure environment.

To substitute warrior's breath, pumping the belly in a rapid series of small exhales with your arms up will stimulate the the sympathetic nervous system, as with any rapid breathing. This is a yoga technique, although its name eludes me.

As a pipe breath substitute, something that stimulates the vagus without requiring too much of an exhale would be good. Perhaps a low-volume hum or groan will help the voice box vibrate enough?

I don't have experience doing EE in high altitudes, so this is theory, FWIW. Others may offer different or superior ideas. In any case, hang in there!

I think what you mean is "parasympathetic" nervous system, not sympathetic nervous system as the sympathetic nervous system is the one that works with the fight/flight/freeze responses. I used to get mixed up with that, too.

I think what you mean is "parasympathetic" nervous system, not sympathetic nervous system as the sympathetic nervous system is the one that works with the fight/flight/freeze responses. I used to get mixed up with that, too.

I think you misunderstood. I meant parasympathetic when saying vagus, and I meant sympathetic when I said sympathetic. Warrior's breath stimulates the fight or flight path, which is why I said sympathetic. :)

whitecoast said:

I think you misunderstood. I meant parasympathetic when saying vagus, and I meant sympathetic when I said sympathetic. Warrior's breath stimulates the fight or flight path, which is why I said sympathetic. :)

Thank you for clarifying. :)

I was at the weekend with my twin sister, and I am deeply sad, how she deal with her problems in her partnership. She is injured, flees in distractions, and uses the situation even more narcissistic.
That gave me the strength to oppose/ to eliminate my inertia in everyday life more. The first is not to use the TV as a social substitute.
The second is to regularly practicing EE:
On Sunday, I still felt strong resistance when I took while lying breathing, but I could concentrate on it for some time.
Today I did it standing up, in combination with the root chakra exercise (for grounding). After the first concentration difficulties, I began to get into the rhythm. It is, as if a stone has only to roll. I have felt a slightly cool energy on the back above the hips -I think the second or third chakra.
I got in mind, that I'm afraid to feel my body. As the tears came, I stopped the exercise.

Alchemie said:
The second is to regularly practicing EE:
Today I did it standing up, in combination with the root chakra exercise (for grounding). After the first concentration difficulties, I began to get into the rhythm. It is, as if a stone has only to roll. I have felt a slightly cool energy on the back above the hips -I think the second or third chakra.
I got in mind, that I'm afraid to feel my body. As the tears came, I stopped the exercise.
Let the tears come, it is all part of the process. :) Take the process gently, from what you've written, I'm not sure whether the tears came with the three stage pipe breathing, or with the Ba Ha breathing, if it was with the Ba Ha you may like to skip that phase of the EE process. Regular practicing of EE may gently release your possible fear of feeling your body.

This may help or not.

I've been putting off starting EE because of feelings of not being worthy and not being able to fully commit myself to it.
Today I can not longer deny that it's what I need to do for myself. I used to meditate for an hour or two at the end of the day but haven't for about two years and I can feel myself falling from grace more and more each day. My partner has just purchased the program for me.

I'm just going to say that without reading this very long thread that it must be very very powerful stuff.
What gives me the strongest impression of this is reading the guide/FAQs and coming to chapter 2 question 10 about crying my eyes welled up and my lips started to tremble. And it was just the question. Holy moley.

Very much looking forward to receiving my package.

Quote from: mugatea on October 22, 2014, 06:15:04 AM

407 pages!! This is even longer than the KETO thread.

Yesterday was my third listen to EE and first time I listened to it fully. I always doze at the ba-ha part and for the second night in a row went to bed straight after but last night was still lying in bed for 3 or so hours before I fell asleep.

I noticed while doing EE sitting on a chair yesterday that my left foot felt funny, kinda like the tickly/funny sensation I'd get form climaxing. Soz that's a bit embarrassing to say. Is this normal? I bet not.

Jamie

Yup, it's a long thread so here's the condensed version of what you can expect from doing the EE program. Eiriu-Eolas - Guide/FAQ

Thank you Turgon for posting the link. Bookmarked now, won't lost it anymore!

I've been putting off starting EE because of feelings of not being worthy and not being able to fully commit myself to it.
Today I can not longer deny that it's what I need to do for myself. I used to meditate for an hour or two at the end of the day but haven't for about two years and I can feel myself falling from grace more and more each day. My partner has just purchased the program for me.

I'm just going to say that without reading this very long thread that it must be very very powerful stuff.
What gives me the strongest impression of this is reading the guide/FAQs and coming to chapter 2 question 10 about crying my eyes welled up and my lips started to tremble. And it was just the question. Holy moley.

Very much looking forward to receiving my package.

Thanks for sharing this, Fluffy. I actually have the package for some time now, but I'm putting off watching and working on it for what seems like decades to me. I have already started separating what I need to read (the faq for example) and will dedicate hopefully the time necessary to learn and strenghten my being with the program! Watching the beginning of the introduction by Laura already got me down to saying "No more D.D.T's and other poisons will sap my energies"! :)

Fluffy said:
Today I can not longer deny that it's what I need to do for myself. I used to meditate for an hour or two at the end of the day but haven't for about two years and I can feel myself falling from grace more and more each day.

Hi Fluffy,
It's not about feeling worthy or unworthy, which is most usually a thought loop trap. Consider starting the EE program as a gentle gift to yourself. If done as recommended, without excess, you will feel.

Fluffy said:

If you feel particularly emotional these days or when you receive the program, start by skipping the Baha portion because it might be too powerful in the beginning. Later on you can see when you will introduce it.

Hope it helps.

mkrnhr said:
Fluffy said:
Today I can not longer deny that it's what I need to do for myself. I used to meditate for an hour or two at the end of the day but haven't for about two years and I can feel myself falling from grace more and more each day.

Hi Fluffy,
It's not about feeling worthy or unworthy, which is most usually a thought loop trap. Consider starting the EE program as a gentle gift to yourself. If done as recommended, without excess, you will feel.

Fluffy said:

If you feel particularly emotional these days or when you receive the program, start by skipping the Baha portion because it might be too powerful in the beginning. Later on you can see when you will introduce it.

Hope it helps.
Thank you for the advice. I'll start off slow using your suggestion because I have been rather down and out and declining. I have been feeling like I want to cry, really howl and sob and fall apart and be reduced to a puddle of helplessness for well over a year now but nothing has triggered that so it's been building and building and I feel like I will eventually explode and need to spend hours or days hiding under the stairs unleashing the pent up emotion and energy.
Interestingly there was a push that came from some prompt either within or outside of me whenever I felt overwhelmed or stressed that whispered 'start EE' . This in itself was the thing that made me finally override the thought loop of worthlessness and fear of committing and doing the program injustice. So either my subconscious has been urging me or a non physical helper has been encouraging me to get over myself and take the leap.
I bet I'll be glad that I did :)

Fluffy said:
mkrnhr said:
Fluffy said:

Hi Fluffy,

Fluffy said:

Hope it helps.
Thank you for the advice. I'll start off slow using your suggestion because I have been rather down and out and declining. I have been feeling like I want to cry, really howl and sob and fall apart and be reduced to a puddle of helplessness for well over a year now but nothing has triggered that so it's been building and building and I feel like I will eventually explode and need to spend hours or days hiding under the stairs unleashing the pent up emotion and energy.
Interestingly there was a push that came from some prompt either within or outside of me whenever I felt overwhelmed or stressed that whispered 'start EE' . This in itself was the thing that made me finally override the thought loop of worthlessness and fear of committing and doing the program injustice. So either my subconscious has been urging me or a non physical helper has been encouraging me to get over myself and take the leap.
I bet I'll be glad that I did :)
Good luck with your practice Fluffy, please be invited to post your experiences in this thread to let us know how you are getting on.

Yeah, good luck with the EE practice, Fluffy. If you have so much pent up, it may be a good idea to skip Beatha (Ba-ha/round breathing) for a while, like mkrnhr said. This way, good regular practice skipping that part can help you have smaller releases at a time and give you time to process it all. Beatha is very powerful and can lead to an overwhelming release all at once, without you being prepare to handle it. So you can try that part later, when you've already seen benefits from the rest of the program and released all that pent up stuff slower. But as you'll see, Beatha is not recommended to be practiced more than twice a week at most, in any case.

I too agree with the recommendation of skipping BaHa for now, Fluffy. It sounds that the "oceans of sorrow" inside of you are now making waves and coming to the surface. It's a natural process and one that most of us have gone through from time to time. I have no doubt that a daily dose of Pipe-breathing and the Prayer of the Soul especially would help the process run its course much more smoothly, and provide you with a feeling of internal safety and relief. And of course you are worthy of all the great effects that EE can have on you! Think of it this way: the quality of help you offer yourself will be reflected in the quality of help you offer others. Isn't that so very valuable?

And I am too looking forward to hear from you when you start the program and what your experiences are like :flowers:

I also agree with what others said. And just so you know Fluffy, we are here for you if you like to write about it, since you have been rather down :flowers:.

Back
Top Bottom