Modify Function

Both seem to be working for me, using IE somethingorother on Windows 7 (not my usual Mac/Chrome combination). I use the icon more than the button and haven't noticed anything. The icon seems to do its editing in the browser and might be more sensitive to browser versions, quirks, and settings.

[If you see this, my 'modify' icon is working.]

[If you see this, my 'modify' button is working.]

Megan said:
Both seem to be working for me, using IE somethingorother on Windows 7 (not my usual Mac/Chrome combination). I use the icon more than the button and haven't noticed anything. The icon seems to do its editing in the browser and might be more sensitive to browser versions, quirks, and settings.

Sorry if I am dense, but I don't see any differecnce between what you call the modify icon and the modify button.

For me it is the same thing.

Gandalf said:
Megan said:

Sorry if I am dense, but I don't see any differecnce between what you call the modify icon and the modify button.

Yes, they are supposed to be the same, in the end. The issue, unless I have gone brain dead again, is that for some people one is working and not the other.

Pob said:
Windows 7 Firefox 22.0

Firefox recently has been upgraded to # 23. Maybe that's what is bothering you?

I haven't encountered any difficulty recently modifying my posts any which way when necessary.

Palinurus said:
Firefox recently has been upgraded to # 23. Maybe that's what is bothering you?

I haven't encountered any difficulty recently modifying my posts any which way when necessary.

Thanks all, I did just upgrade it and tried in Google Chrome. Works fine now on my own posts but not moderating other user posts
Gandalf said:

There is a modify icon, a small paper and pen image at the bottom right hand side of each post above 'report to moderator' and also at the top of each post next to 'quote' with a button.

However, I think because the button works ok, I'll stop being OCD over this little quirk and just remember to stick to using that and not get tempted by the the little icon that pretends to do the same but only if it feels comfortable.:( There are bigger problems in the world :)

Pob said:
There is a modify icon, a small paper and pen image at the bottom right hand side of each post above 'report to moderator' and also at the top of each post next to 'quote' with a button.

Thanks Pob. I was dense since I didn't notice the small paper and pen image at the bottom right of each post. :-[

Gandalf said:
Thanks Pob. I was dense since I didn't notice the small paper and pen image at the bottom right of each post. :-[

No worries Gandalf. I've only just noticed the icon has two little 'speed' lines on it which ties in with what Megan pointed out regarding it operating within the browser: It is for speedy edit within the page (when it works) :wizard:

Re: Modify/Delete Posts

You can edit your posts only for half an hour after you have posted something, than it is not editable anymore. Have you tried it yet?

Re: Modify Function?

Hello! Moderators Administrators.

Is the modify function gone, or am I on a naughty list, or something... it happened twice.

Correction, the modify function is still working, has the time allocation for modifying posts been reduced...

Re: Modify Function?

Davida said:
Hello! Moderators Administrators.

Is the modify function gone, or am I on a naughty list, or something... it happened twice.

Correction, the modify function is still working, has the time allocation for modifying posts been reduced...

Well there’s a whole half an hour I’m never getting back, don’t know how it happened the second time... who say’s learning isn’t fun, or stupid suffering... nothing to do, about nothing.

not exactly on topic, but:
In the post editor, is there an "undo" function? It often happens that while writing I unintentionally type some key combination which deletes lines or entire paragraphs, causing mucho frustration. Thanks!
.A

asino said:
not exactly on topic, but:
In the post editor, is there an "undo" function? It often happens that while writing I unintentionally type some key combination which deletes lines or entire paragraphs, causing mucho frustration. Thanks!
.A

There is your browser's built-in Undo, usually used by typing Ctrl-Z (Hold Ctrl key down, then press "z")

I don't think the post editor has anything extra, or that it enhances the browser's Ctrl-Z in any way. But, it seems to work fairly well as is.

Back
Top Bottom