Fighting an invisible force

RedFox

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Hi all
Just wanted to note a dream from Friday night/Saturday morning (interpretations welcome). It seems a few others have posted similar dreams recently, so I've no idea if its some common event or if its just my subconscious integrating others dream imagery.
I can't quite remember the order of events....I think I was woken when my girlfriends son came into the bedroom and asked her to come down to his room (he does this still occasionally) to sleep in her bed, as he was having trouble sleeping.....I'd guess about 2-4am. She left....

This may have happened before or after the first dream....I can't quite remember now.
On trying to get back to sleep laid on my back (I was reciting the POTS in my head) I suffered an attack of sleep paralysis. I did my usual trick of thrashing my legs about (the only part I can move when this happens) to wake myself up....this took a while and I noticed my breathing was shallow....so I started breathing deeply and snapped out of it.
Rolled onto my left side and had the same sensation/sleep paralysis start again! I continued the POTS and snapped out of it.
Rolled onto my right side and fell asleep reciting the POTS.

Dreamt I was still in the room with some old guy sitting at the bottom of the bed.....looking directly into his eyes hurt, but I realised this was important. Normally I'd 'overt my gaze' from him....this time I didn't...so he looked away revealing he was only a face (the rest of his head was missing). I turned his head back...I wanted to look into those eyes (I'd become semi conscious) to see what the heck 'it' was.

I was sat on the sofa of my old house, the lights where low (appart from possibly the fire place). The room was all packed into large boxes. On the sofa with me was my girlfriends youngest boy, who proceeded to tell me he had cancer. I thought about this and said he should start taking baking soda in water right away, along with cut out all wheat/dairy/sugar from his diet. His appearance changed to that of someone with a shaved head, and a white gown on throughout the conversation. The white gown disappeared as he tried to explain something to me in reply. His legs shrunk, and his ribs appeared pronounced.
The dream changed to the kitchen. The youngest boy had regained his normal appearance and was making light of what he'd just said. I noticed the front door was wide open, and boxes had been left (put?) outside. I asked him why he'd left the door open, and why he's left boxes outside? I then got a rather familiar feeling, that of fear (and a rushing sensation).....its one I've had in dark (poorly lit) dreams/nightmares since as long as I can remember having nightmares. Something had announced its arrival and I backed away from the door, looked at my girlfriends son and said "this is why we don't leave the door open!". He looked passed me at the door and screamed his lungs out in terror.....I turned to see 'nothing' in the door, as he was promptly dragged by this unseen force towards and out the door screaming all the way feeling utterly helpless with fear.
I woke up.....

On trying to get back to sleep the same dream images reappeared as if they had just been paused and never left.....I've never had that happen before. I was somewhere half way between sleeping and being awake. Rather than focus on the screaming terrified kid I looked at the door way, where the line of invisible force was coming from. I put my focus/senses there....and I saw the dam thing! It had texture, and a set of distinct imagery attached to it.....this is the thing (or so it seemed at the time, and I may be mistaken or projecting) that had terrorised me in my dreams my whole life...."Got you, you little s***! I can see you now and you can no longer hide from me"
The scene changed but I was still in a semi conscious observer state (lucidly observing the dream?) I chased it through different scenes.....I couldn't see all of it, but it fled and twisted and hid until again I got to a 'kitchen'....it had dived over a counter top leaving a trail of flames. I realised that (again this was my supposition in the dream state) this thing (alien?) was manipulating the dream state in order to hide externally...but because it was my head/dream state I could do the same.....each time I chased it/tried to see it clearly it changed the landscape to 'loose me' in the dream state. I wasn't having it anymore.....I took the construct that was the dream state and set Everything on fire....I destroyed the construct leaving nothing but me and it. From the flames it came, arms by its side staring intently at me....a dark figure.
The dream cut again....to being sat on the bed (where I'd seen the old man) holding this things hands at bay with my own.....it had pale skin, ribs showing and looked like what the kid had changed into. It was trying to touch me and/or get away and I held it there by gripping its hands...our fingers intwined. I don't know what I said to it...but it was along the lines of "I see you now, you can't do this to me anymore/you can't beat me any more/I'll fight you every time you try"
I let go of its hands, and it stepped back......then it quickly prodded me (with its right hand) in the left side of my ribs under my arm. I slapped its hand away, and it did it again with more intent. I woke up feeling like this things finger was stuck half inside my rib cage.....ouch.

This had all the elements of nightmares I'd suffered with since as far back as I can remember.....I did also wonder about the whole abduction thing (this was what I thought was happening during the dream)....the intense eyes (and not wanting to look at them), the small white creature, and its ability to inflict pain at touch......I've had many of those dreams every since I was small.
Its also possible its just fascist of my mind...perhaps something I split off that I'm fighting....or maybe an attachment of some sort.
Either way, its been with me my whole life, and last night it felt like I stood up to it. This is probably wishful thinking, but it was pretty weird to be self observing and objectively assessing my own dream state and the interaction with this thing, as best I could from inside the dream......I have no idea if I did a good job.
On my own personal weird meter (my dreams are usually pretty far out) this was gets a 10! :shock:

Redfox said:
This had all the elements of nightmares I'd suffered with since as far back as I can remember.....I did also wonder about the whole abduction thing (this was what I thought was happening during the dream)....the intense eyes (and not wanting to look at them), the small white creature, and its ability to inflict pain at touch......I've had many of those dreams every since I was small.
Its also possible its just fascist of my mind...perhaps something I split off that I'm fighting....or maybe an attachment of some sort.
Either way, its been with me my whole life, and last night it felt like I stood up to it. This is probably wishful thinking, but it was pretty weird to be self observing and objectively assessing my own dream state and the interaction with this thing, as best I could from inside the dream......I have no idea if I did a good job.
On my own personal weird meter (my dreams are usually pretty far out) this was gets a 10!

Kudos Redfox! From reading the overall impression of your dream, regardless whether it was attempted abduction, spirit attachment or some aspect of your inner predator, I think you did as good a job as possible in fending it off.

Got you, you little s***! I can see you now and you can no longer hide from me"
The scene changed but I was still in a semi conscious observer state (lucidly observing the dream?) I chased it through different scenes.....I couldn't see all of it, but it fled and twisted and hid until again I got to a 'kitchen'....it had dived over a counter top leaving a trail of flames. I realised that (again this was my supposition in the dream state) this thing (alien?) was manipulating the dream state in order to hide externally...but because it was my head/dream state I could do the same.....each time I chased it/tried to see it clearly it changed the landscape to 'loose me' in the dream state. I wasn't having it anymore.....I took the construct that was the dream state and set Everything on fire....I destroyed the construct leaving nothing but me and it. From the flames it came, arms by its side staring intently at me....a dark figure.

Kind of reads like a movie almost. I was rooting for you while reading it! Seeing as this has been happening all your life, it seems appropriate to finally put your foot down and let 'it' know your not having anymore of this.

The dream cut again....to being sat on the bed (where I'd seen the old man) holding this things hands at bay with my own.....it had pale skin, ribs showing and looked like what the kid had changed into. It was trying to touch me and/or get away and I held it there by gripping its hands...our fingers intwined. I don't know what I said to it...but it was along the lines of "I see you now, you can't do this to me anymore/you can't beat me any more/I'll fight you every time you try"
I let go of its hands, and it stepped back......then it quickly prodded me (with its right hand) in the left side of my ribs under my arm. I slapped its hand away, and it did it again with more intent. I woke up feeling like this things finger was stuck half inside my rib cage.....ouch.

I find this the most telling part, in particular how the figure is pale, ribs showing while you're holding it at bay, almost as if its in a weakened state because of the struggle. Although there is still a connection of some sort because of how your dream ended, but either way, one step at a time, and I get the impression this is definitely a step-forward!

Edit - There is always something ominous about leaving doors open in dreams I find. Anytime that happens, it's as if you need to be extra alert and vigilant.

I am posting my experience last night here because it fits under the title.
It was scary, I am a massage therapist so to speak, I work with alot of people but more what I do is energy work.

Last night I dreamt I was working with the head and neck of a women, her body was limp and felt like a ragdoll, like she was not conscious or not there. In real life I know her from the butchers store, and in the past even though she is friendly I really always needed to get away from her as soon as possible. I don't know her at all in any other way she is not a client.

My husband came in the room and I remeber feeling annoyed and telling him to go away he was distracting me, I really felt I had my hands full as the women was beging to trash around a little. Then the terror and paralysis gripped my, but it wasn't complte paralysis it was still in my dream , I felt I couldn't talk but I still had a sense of strength as I resisted the force. I thought heck what do I do, i was scared, I felt like I was fighting for my mind or whole being or something. I started saying (still in my dream) in my mind "I cast you demon from this earth" I remember just not knowing what else to say. And I kept repeating it until I could talk and then shout. By this time is was holding the womens hands that were all closed up. Then when I finally was able to shout it I woke up.
It took a while to get back to sleep, I dreamt again the thing came back again but just for me and I shouted the same again, this time I did not wake up and managed to sleep for the rest of the night.
This morning my urge was to jump in a spring that the Maori elders around here use for cleansing and spirir release. Felt so much better after, don't know if it was just a bad dream and a product of my own stuff, but this one was scary and weird.

I was really scared at the time, I clutched my amethyst like a teddy bear for the rest of the evening, that really helped. I felt like I was fighting for my life.

Thoughts, please, anyone? Do I need to have a phrase ready in my mind for dealing with this if it happens again?

Hello gottathink, your dream sounds pretty scary. When I have such scary dreams, I try do the POTS from Eiriu Eolas. I find it really powerful, as it helps calm me down. I can remember that it has been stated here somewhere, that it is one of the most powerful protections. I have read others using this tool too, when they experience something like you. Another thing I occassionally do is similar to this, what you did last night: I am uttering something, often it is "NO". Then doing POTS, if I don't fall asleep again the next moment.

My two cents ;)

Edit: Typo

gottathink said:
I am posting my experience last night here because it fits under the title.
It was scary, I am a massage therapist so to speak, I work with alot of people but more what I do is energy work.

Last night I dreamt I was working with the head and neck of a women, her body was limp and felt like a ragdoll, like she was not conscious or not there. In real life I know her from the butchers store, and in the past even though she is friendly I really always needed to get away from her as soon as possible. I don't know her at all in any other way she is not a client.

My husband came in the room and I remeber feeling annoyed and telling him to go away he was distracting me, I really felt I had my hands full as the women was beging to trash around a little. Then the terror and paralysis gripped my, but it wasn't complte paralysis it was still in my dream , I felt I couldn't talk but I still had a sense of strength as I resisted the force. I thought heck what do I do, i was scared, I felt like I was fighting for my mind or whole being or something. I started saying (still in my dream) in my mind "I cast you demon from this earth" I remember just not knowing what else to say. And I kept repeating it until I could talk and then shout. By this time is was holding the womens hands that were all closed up. Then when I finally was able to shout it I woke up.
It took a while to get back to sleep, I dreamt again the thing came back again but just for me and I shouted the same again, this time I did not wake up and managed to sleep for the rest of the night.
This morning my urge was to jump in a spring that the Maori elders around here use for cleansing and spirir release. Felt so much better after, don't know if it was just a bad dream and a product of my own stuff, but this one was scary and weird.

I was really scared at the time, I clutched my amethyst like a teddy bear for the rest of the evening, that really helped. I felt like I was fighting for my life.

Thoughts, please, anyone? Do I need to have a phrase ready in my mind for dealing with this if it happens again?

I there something that is bothering you in real live that might be expressed via that dream?

gottathink said:
In real life I know her from the butchers store, and in the past even though she is friendly I really always needed to get away from her as soon as possible.
I was really scared at the time...
Your instincts are all told

gottathink said:
I'm sorry you had such a terrible dream, gottathink. If you don't mind saying, what kind of energy work do you do and did you notice anything unusual about any of the clients you had around the day/time of the dream? One of my first thoughts is that what you've written sounds like a dark man dream.

This thread may also be helpful.

Learner said:
Hello gottathink, your dream sounds pretty scary. When I have such scary dreams, I try do the POTS from Eiriu Eolas. I find it really powerful, as it helps calm me down. I can remember that it has been stated here somewhere, that it is one of the most powerful protections.
My two cents ;)
Edit: Typo

Yeah your dream sounds frightful to say the least! Sleep paralysis is a scary ordeal...
I agree with Learner, I sometimes find listening to the Prayer of the Soul before bed/ whilst I'm falling asleep stops nightmares etc. Even reciting it in your own head, brings a sense of calmness. Maybe try doing a little BaHa breathing along with it? especially is something like this happens again!

Thank you everyone
To answer some of your questions:
I hadn't noticed anything that I would say is unusual about any of my clients that week, they all have something unique going on.
when I say energy work I am referring to reiki, it comes through as part of a massage session. I am connecting two points in the body that feel as though the energy or perhaps bioelectric microcurrents are not flowing and then wait till its starts to flow.

I will read the thread about the dark man dream, and get back to this thread once I have.

POTS that is a really good suggestion, I will take some time to learn to recite it.
I have calmed down and am not feeling so concerned today, I slept without any disturbance last night. My greatest worry is of this happening again, I have had something similar occur but it felt like my own "thought forms" and fears leaving me, this felt like from outside or rather not of my own.

Ah yes, the Dark Man dream. That makes sense, it fits with the experience and even though I felt it was external it still fits and makes sense. I had never heard of the dark man dream before.
I have a few things to really digest on the topic. Thank you all for your consideration.

You did the right thing to resist the dark force, gottathink.
And you said the right words in your dream to cast out the demon.

You have FREE WILL, and you exercised it.
Feel confident that you can exercise this even while you are asleep.

Attacks like this will more than likely increase as you become stronger in THE WAY, but your FREE WILL always will succeed, and your defence will become easier.

Back
Top Bottom