Recent spate of weird dreams down to diet or suppressed emotions?

luke wilson

The Living Force
Hi, was wondering if anybody knew what some of this symbology is or if any of this could be affected by diet or suppressed emotions.

Over the last couple of days I have had some weird dreams. Weirder than usual.

Ok, on 2 consecutive nites I dreamt about animals with weird powers.

Ok on the first nite, it was bulls. This were bulls like the one in new york city, really musculine bulls. They were guarding or rather preventing people from getting out of a town. One had 4 horns. 2 on each side.

2nd nite it was birds. They were more like vultures but instead of eating dead bodies they ate people who were still alive. They only ate heads. So they would come, swoop down and tear of flesh from someones head. Acouple of mayan soldier thingy majigs destroyed them though. Dunno what the mayan stuff was all about but yah abit of mayan stuff was in there.
EDIT I know they were mayan because as weird as this sounds, I picked them from a catalogue thing and next to them it said MAYAN!

3rd nite, I went to bed, Slept but it was like I didnt go to bed because I woke up early next morning and I was tired and it was like I hadnt gone to bed. I cant remember the dream I had now on that particular nite, nuthing that stands out. Have you ever gone to bed, woke up and thought you hadnt gone to bed and you felt still as tired as before you went to bed?

4th night I dreamt about merging densities. By this I mean physical and ethereal. I think this is because I was reading some stuff about it during the day about higher densities and stuff but yah for that to be converted to a dream so quick is something else. EDIT: I know this because in the dream I was suspended above like space? And I could see physical and ethereal next to each other like 2 boxes. I know this because they were written on them, PHYSICAL and ETHEREAL and they were coming together and becoming like a single box or overlapping each other...

EDIT:Also I have been dreaming of people I havent seen for years plus a spate of new faces in my dreams. Just like a random face generator who are inter-twined with the people I knew a long time ago. Also has anyone dreamt like they saw a billboard or were reading something and actually tried to read what they were looking at..? I have and it makes no sense it is like the writtings are incomprehensible, jumbled up, or simply one cant read, I presume it is the same feeling a person who cant read gets when trying to decipher text....

So, what do you guys think? Diet issues or not? Alot of symbology with the animals... I have tried researching dreams on the net before but it is information overload and appears to be nothing short of guesswork about how to interpret or utilize dreams...

probably down to your fear of posting ;)

Interesting book on dreams if you are serious
An Open Window: Dream as Everyman's Guide to the Spirit by Madhava Ashish

Edinburh chap who met Ramana Maharshi the meeting lead to him embarking on a spiritual quest.

review:
This brief but profound book assails the ‘conventional’ understanding of dreams and their interpretation, drawing attention to a much-neglected aspect of dreams as a source of guidance to the spiritual aspirant. It uses the insights of psychology, but transcends it, to confront the inescapable questions most people should be driven by: What is the purpose of life, and does it all end with death? Laying bare dreams of childhood anxiety, traumas and sexuality—‘cleaning the windows’ to uncover the deeply buried material that blocks our efforts on the inner path—it then invites contention from ‘materialists’ in its discussion of subjects beyond psychology such as precognitive dreams, reincarnation, out-of-the-body experiences, death dreams, and numinous or ‘big dreams’—‘an open window’ through which deeper, non-physical levels of reality can shine.
Drawing on examples from real life, Sri Madhava Ashish teaches the ‘language of dreams’, ensuring a better understanding and awareness of the unconscious self, guiding the reader on the path to mental and spiritual freedom.

Warning
Only buy ff you are serious and prepared to start journaling, which means jumping out of bed immediately on waking to recall and record dreams.

luke wilson said:
I have tried researching dreams on the net before but it is information overload and appears to be nothing short of guesswork about how to interpret or utilize dreams...

I think you are right on this last point.

When I first started doing the EE program, I also got all sorts of intense, scary, weird dreams. I gave them some thoughts but since they were so confusing, I quickly gave up. Things get quiet down after a while. There may be symbology in those dreams, but until you've cleared up enough of your emotional blockages, I think there's no point in trying to read into them. Because most of the dreams are probably only symptoms of the emotional gabage being cleared out. Hope that helps you.

PS: The FAQs on the EE website also talks about this:

Q: Why do I experience scary dreams after doing the program?

A: It is your emotional center that dreams. Unpleasant or scary dreams are in fact your
suppressed negative emotions rising to the surface. Quite often you will process this just by
dreaming it away, but this is one of several ways in which it may be processed. What works
best for one individual may differ from what works best for another. Everyone is different
and has different stuff buried inside them.

Thanks stevie and Bobo08.

Q: Why do I experience scary dreams after doing the program?

A: It is your emotional center that dreams. Unpleasant or scary dreams are in fact your
suppressed negative emotions rising to the surface. Quite often you will process this just by
dreaming it away, but this is one of several ways in which it may be processed. What works
best for one individual may differ from what works best for another. Everyone is different
and has different stuff buried inside them.

Thanks for this. Dont remember coming across it when I was reading the transcripts. I think it is processing negative emotions that are suppressed. Since I dont release them in any other way I think this is the body's natural way of doing it. Well, strangely enough I wouldnt classify them as a nightmare, eventhough they do have some scary aspects in them. Dont get the same reactions you would from a nightmare so hmm maybe just unpleasant.

Hi luke wilson

I think Bobo08 is right, its more than likely things being processed.
When it comes to interpreting dreams, I generally try and use two perspectives. Firstly that of the emotional content, this is always important. Second I try and use the context of the Work as a guide to what the dream may be saying....this doesn't always work, but given most of us are trying to work on ourselves as best we can it usually fits.

So, the first dream....the bulls could represent either 'predators' or more 'animal' like parts of yourself. If they where holding everyone (everyone being parts of yourself) captive then it could be that you're noticing your predators mind more and how it is 'holding you hostage'?
Emotionally it could be to do with feeling powerless/trapped.

The second dream, this time the vultures are more obviously predatory...and are attacking people. So this could be about seeing how your predators mind picks on elements of yourself....swoops in and 'tares their head off'.....it could be a metaphor for 'bites their head off' which is usually said when someone is angry and verbally assaults you. So you may have spotted how you angrily attack yourself 'out of the blue'??
The guards coming in and killing them may mean you are making some progress....:)

The last dream (merging realities)...just sounds entertaining! It could be that it helps with your understanding of what you are reading...but don't put too much emphasis on it, as there is no way to know if that sort of model is true or not.

The faces (both unknown and from your past) is definitely the E-E program!
Not being able to read in dreams is pretty normal, as mostly the part of you that is dreaming is not the part of you that can read.....so everything appears scrambled.
I remember trying really hard to read something in a dream when I was a kid only to have the letters move around the paper :lol:

luke wilson said:
So, what do you guys think? Diet issues or not?

I agree with the answers so far concerning emotional processing.

luke wilson said:
Alot of symbology with the animals...

If that seems unusual, why not keep a dream journal? I haven't noticed a common theme through my dreams lately, so I stopped tracking them because I felt like the emotional processing was the important thing at the time.

I have noticed that sometimes a dream will combine some feeling with some of the idiotic ideas that I was exposed to during the day. It's like the mind has to occasionally take out the trash.

Has anyone experienced almost drugged like sleep over the last week? Since about 7 days, it's like something has changed, sleep-wise. The feeling of warmth in sleep and the dreams have increased in quality I would say. Like not necessarily intense, just higher quality. Sometimes I can be dreaming and I get up and I still have that feeling of being asleep but you are awake and your dream is still going on? Also, you can wake and go back to sleep and resume a dream as if it was on pause? Just over the last 7 days this has happened and it has got me wondering if something has changed in the air.... Even at work I would be working away at my desk and would have random flashes, almost hallucination type things, just appear and disappear. :shock:

None of these dreams or images are particularly interesting really, though one dream was me being hunted down by a dinosaur, climbed up a really big tree and it was jumping up and down snapping away... that thing had ferocious teeth.

I've experienced all these things, but not in the last 7 days except maybe for the "flashes". I've actually had some dreams continue over multiple nights, although that's rare. It felt like having a whole other life "over there" in some other realm. I've experienced being in the dream, feeling myself in the bed, and hearing things going on in the house at the same time. It really gives the impression of being caught in limbo between two realities because the sensory impressions kind of overlap and merge, yet you're neither here nor there. I even met this girl in high school who claimed to be able to find me and to travel to other places through dreams. I think it even might've happened, I recorded the experience in a journal here somewhere. I don't put as much stock in dreams as I used to because the Cassiopaeans say it's the best forum for disinformation that exists. Even if I pop out every once in awhile and take a stroll around the lower astral plane, it isn't hugely conducive to my development. Still, I find the subject rather fascinating.

As for the flashes, about 7 years or so ago I started seeing these little silver orbs or points of light every once in awhile out of the corner of my eye. More recently I've seen blue ones closer to the center of my vision as well. It's hard to tell if they merely move extremely quickly or just flash in and out of existence. Sometimes I get the impression of motion. They seem bigger, brighter, and more frequent than they used to be but they never exist long enough to make anything out of them. I wondered for while if it was something like Marfa Lights or if I'm just starting to get old and my brain has some glitches. Maybe a stray photon from the cosmic rays that are penetrating the atmosphere due to the weakened magnetic field perturb the eye when they strike it. I don't know, the dang things need to hang around for more than a tenth of a second so I can figure out what they are :rolleyes:

I too have experience drug - like sleeps the past week filled with strangely vivid dreams. Last night's dream was awfully intense and I had not even taken a melatonin. The seem to last much longer than usually as well, the film carries on playing rather than finishes abruptly.

Weird dreams last night:

The first involved this weird mate choosing ritual, almost like a dating show scenario. Abit sexist to have to admit as it was the guy choosing. So anyways, don't remember how all this came about, but all these girls were presented as options to be your partner. Only thing is, they all looked the same. The only thing that distinguished them was their personalities. So dream was essentially going through this whole process and in the end you only have 1 left. In the dream, her name was Danielle. Don't know any Danielle's, never met one, unless I subliminally read it somewhere, mind totally made up the name.

The second dream, I was sat down outside and some random person started to attack me. He kept on exclaiming I was so and so and that my family is responsible for so much hurt and pain i.e. Essentially belong to an evil family. I told him i wasn't whoever he thought i was. He then said the surname. Turns out the surname belongs to my family but only on my mums side, but thank god, i took on my dads surname... I obviously was like telling him he was mistaken and showed him my identification card which had my dads surname. He let me go after that.

PS: My family not involved in anything shady so not sure what this one was about.

The third, for some weird reason dreamt about the chateau farm house in Toulouse (is that where it is?). Anyways, that was the location in the dream. One of the girls there, not Laura, don't know who it was, dream totally made it up, got sick and sadly died from this illness.

Hopefully everyone is in good health!!! Not sure why I dreamt about this one.

The fourth, Vladimir Putin made an appearance... Well not really. He was holding some firm of meeting in a high rise building that got stormed by paramilitary forces. The outcome, unsure.

Again, no idea why I dreamt about this.

To me, it just sounds like your brain simulating and trying to process various possible future scenarios, especially the first and the last one.

The first one is perhaps from too much time spent on the finding partners thread and all of the concepts are just kind of rattling around in there ;)

I had a Putin dream awhile back that was pretty detailed and kind of cool and sci-fi, but I think it really boiled down to my ruminations over what Putin was doing and what he stands for in the world augmented with what I wished him to be presented in some futuristic scenario.

Neil, having a continuous dream for a few nights sounds wild. I'd think that one was an out of body experience.... Maybe the densities were overlapping and you were seeing yourself in 4D. Or a past life. Or alternate reality. I get the sense that there's a deeper meaning..I see the little white light flashes in my peripheral vision too.

Luke.... Bulls are or were sacred animal in some cultures. They have a lot of symbolism generally. But I think the more relevant part is that you were trapped some place and these large animals were keeping you from escaping. I've always heard that most dreams are your psyches way of working through a problem so I believe the symbolism is more about what they meant to you. The birds biting people's heads off totally reminded me of an excerpt from the wave where Laura it's this woman under hypnosis and she is recalling being a reptilian and eating live children. Birds are thought to be what dinosaurs evolved into. It's possible you read it and have forgotten that story consciously but not unconsciously. It's absolutely terrifying and the woman said it was happening now-.all the children that go missing end up being abducted and eaten by reptiles. :(

It also reminds me of being attacked by entities flying down from space and just picking people off.

I def think your dietary changes are enhancing your dreams but I believe the content is relative to you. You should write them in a journal and think about what your dreams are telling you.

Sometimes I wake up and can't remember my dreams but can tell by how I feel that I had disturbing dreams..the feeling sticks with me and during the day I'll get glimmers of a dream and wish I could remember!!

I have a vivid recurring theme where I'm going up the stairs to what looks like an airplane without wings. It's parked in the grass. Lots of people around and it feels hectic. Or I'm on a plane traveling to a foreign place. I think it's a recurring fear dream. I haven't been abducted. So it's not a memory. But really vivid.

Hmmm, not sure what the airplane without wings could signify. Probably you feel like you want something in your life to take off but it doesn't due to lack of wings?

Had an annoying one last night.. Pretty much my worst nightmare, to be free food.

So for some reason, for the life of me could not fathom why after waking up, went to the home of a friend that was infested by all kinds of critters. We are talking zombies, ghosts etc.

I then helped my friend fight all these creatures infesting the homestead. Bloody violent it was but emerged victorious. After this ordeal we were having a conversation in which they told me a piece of news that to be honest didn't make me feel that great.

Got up, during the morning only discovered that what they told me was true.

Anyways disliked this dream because it represents something in my life I would very much like to escape... Helping the wrong people.

Back
Top Bottom