Errors in "The Wave" (Online Version)

Myrddin Awyr said:
SeekinTruth said:
I was rereading Chapter 34: The Channel (The Wave Volume 5/6) online and found a minor error in the following paragraph:

As to whether our decision to try to give Frank every chance possible to make a different choice was the correct one, and whether the present “hitting of the fan” of the operation suggested by the Cs in the above excerpt will permanently damage and discredit all of the material, will have to be up to the reader. We think that telling the truth is the only way. It is then up to the reader to decide what he/she wants to credit and what not. One learn lessons, one learns truth, and one tells truth. That is how we see it. We do believe that the truth will survive the attacks.

The bolded part should be: learns

I think that one is already correct. The only way that we use "learns" is when we say "one learns a lesson." One learn lessons is correct.

fwiw.
That's not my experience. That's basically the same as saying "One run races" (rather than "One runs races") or "One type messages" (rather than "One types messages") I have never seen someone write like this.

'One' is a third-person, singular pronoun, like 'he' or 'she'. I would never use "He run races" or "She type messages". (On the aside, "They/I run races" or "They/I type messages" would be correct)

Does that make sense?

HowToBe said:
That's not my experience. That's basically the same as saying "One run races" (rather than "One runs races") or "One type messages" (rather than "One types messages") I have never seen someone write like this.

'One' is a third-person, singular pronoun, like 'he' or 'she'. I would never use "He run races" or "She type messages". (On the aside, "They/I run races" or "They/I type messages" would be correct)

Does that make sense?

I hear ya.

To me, the use of "One" refers to persons in general as in an indefinite pronoun (a gender-neutral). In the context of where Laura wrote, the use of the "One" as a nominative is correct.

fwiw & osit.

It's not The Wave but Amazing Grace (online version):

• In chapter 24 there is no link to chapter 25 at the end of the page.
  • Typo in chapter 15: It is written “Chapter FIfteen” there.

Sirius said:
It's not The Wave but Amazing Grace (online version):

• In chapter 24 there is no link to chapter 25 at the end of the page.
  • Typo in chapter 15: It is written “Chapter FIfteen” there.

Thanks, both have been fixed. :)

I just discovered this page tonight: http://www.lauraknightbarcelona.net/English/Laura%20Center.htm
I watched a couple of the videos, some of which have Spanish subtitles. The last video on the page which is a questions and answers about STO and STS has a subtitle error.
The subtitles read:
"tomaba unos gorriones comunes y los pintaba hasta la muerte para hacerlos pasar por canarios..."
This translates as:
"he took some common sparrows and painted them to death to make them look like canaries"!
Now, what Laura actually says is that he:
"painted them with dye..."
so I can see how the error arose!
Anyway, I suggest:
"tomaba unos gorriones comunes y los teñia de color amarillo para hacerlos pasar por canarios..."
:)

Hi - a typing error I noticed in Chapter 3 and close to the bottom:

The idea of the Names of God as explicated by Ibn Al-‘Arabi an discussed in my book Secret History also assists us in understanding what the Cassiopaeans meant when they said “We are where we are.”

HowToBe said:
The errors I pointed out in THIS POST are still there. Just a reminder in case they got overlooked.

Thanks, I bookmarked that post so I could go over those errors but still haven't. I'll get to them ASAP.

I'm in chapter 9 now.
http://cassiopaea.org/2010/05/08/the-wave-chapter-9-the-beast-of-gevaudan-spring-heeled-jack-mothman-and-other-dimensional-%E2%80%9Cwindow-fallers%E2%80%9D/
The Wave Ch. 9 said:
I had read Erich Von Däniken’s Chariots of the Gods? and remembered his theories of ancient astronauts landing in this desert area.
Däniken's

Wave Ch. 9 said:
Erich Von Däniken has described the drawings as Pacal sitting in a rocket ship.
Däniken

Ch. 9 said:
The practice of deforming the head was much more common in Mesoamerica than was mutilation of the teeth.
A person of high status would have mutilated teeth, a conical shaped cranium and crossed eyes (produced by dangling shiny objects close to the infant’s eyes).9
This section should be in a quotebox, I think. I mistook it for Laura's writing for a moment since it wasn't distinguished from the rest of the text.

Ch. 9 said:
A: Déjà vu comes to you compliments of 4th density STS.

Q: (L) Is déjà vu a result of some sensation of the universe having changed?
Ch. 9 said:
Q: (L) That still doesn’t help me to understand déjà vu as a “sensation of reality bridging.” Is déjà vu because something comes into our reality from another?
Déjà vu / déjà vu (there is an extra space inserted)

and that's all I saw in chapter 9!

Back
Top Bottom