What's the weather where you are?

Arwenn said:
The weather here (mid-north coast NSW) has been quite warm for spring temps around 34 degrees C, and gusty winds a few days ago. And it's not even summer yet :/

Same here in the Northern Rivers, our temperature was high 30's Yesterday, and strong winds during the night.

I'm in edmonton at a Latitude of about 53° And an Elevation 671.40 m and I still have pansies blooming on my table outside! That is not normal for here especially since we're so far north. Pansies are hardy little things but no significant freezing is weird this late into the fall. Apparently there will be a cold snap coming this weekend which will likely end the cheer of those little blooms...

Rx said:
I'm in edmonton at a Latitude of about 53° And an Elevation 671.40 m and I still have pansies blooming on my table outside! That is not normal for here especially since we're so far north. Pansies are hardy little things but no significant freezing is weird this late into the fall. Apparently there will be a cold snap coming this weekend which will likely end the cheer of those little blooms...

Last week-end the weather was beautiful over here (Holland), but now it has turned colder, about 11 degrees C. But some of my roses are still in bloom and other flowers, too. Some plants have even come back after they had blossomed. Nettles are growing back and I think the grass is still growing. :huh:

Rx said:

It's been much the same in Norway this fall, it's only today that we've had below zero temperatures. 2014 has been the warmest year on record in Norway according to the media.

Rx said:

As you know i live pretty close to you. We have been pushing the envelope as far as freezing goes this year but apparently it is suppoaed to be up to minus thirty on tuesday night and right now we are experiencing freezing rain. It is very icy out.

Last week we had the first little bit of snow but it melted fast. That day was cold but the rest of the week temperature was well above 0 oC with some rain / drizzle sometimes and dry sunny weather at other times. The chrysanthemums are still blooming. It is relatively warm for this time of the year.

A lot of rain fell beyond the Alps in Spain, France, Switzerland and Italy. The rain was of "the amount of a month fell in one day" sort. Sheets of rain? There was also ankledeep hail in Spain, land slides in France and Switzerland and a tornado in Italy. Imagine if temperature were a bit lower and the whole rain came as snow.

Interesting times we are living...

Hot and dry sums up the weather here on the Northern Tablelands, NSW. You can see the water levels in the dams (we have 2 left from 13) dropping daily. Storms are forecast, but nothing has eventuated so far. Here's hoping the ground water holds up after so many dry years.

will01 said:
Hot and dry sums up the weather here on the Northern Tablelands, NSW. You can see the water levels in the dams (we have 2 left from 13) dropping daily. Storms are forecast, but nothing has eventuated so far. Here's hoping the ground water holds up after so many dry years.

Hot and humid for us in the Northern Rivers, NSW. We are having mid 30's C and it looks like it will remain so beyond Tuesday at the moment. Lots of cloud gatherings but no rain here either.

Lots of snow in northern Michigan, US. Our first storm gave us a couple feet, but nothing near Buffalo's totals! Now it's supposed to rain, and then get cold again. Everybody's prepping for the nasty roads...

More extreme hit temps sweeping across NSW, we have a high of 37 degrees C, it was over 40 in Sydney two days ago.

NSW hot weather: some areas already topping 43 degrees

It's getting hot. Parts of NSW have already hit 43 degrees celsius, with some children's sporting matches cancelled and Sydneysiders heading for a swim.
And despite the Bureau of Meteorology revising earlier predictions that Sydney would be hit with unusually high November temperatures, people swimming in the eastern suburbs beaches have been treated to another unusual sight - a strange sea fog that has been moving around the Coogee area for much of the day.
A Bureau of Meteorology senior forecaster, Peter Zmijewski, said it was hard to know what was causing the fog, as it would usually occur further out to sea where it was not closely observed.
"Most of the time it is what we call a 'steaming fog', in other words some warm, moist air moving over cooler water," he said. "It could also be caused by cold currents coming through".

Mr Zmijewski said Sydney was being protected from the worst of the heat today by a cooling sea breeze, with Observatory Hill currently just under 26 degrees. It is predicted now to reach 29 in Sydney today.
But further out parts of Sydney are starting to bake, with Richmond hitting 43.6 degrees just after 1:30pm.
Bourke has reached the highest temperatures in NSW, hitting 45.8 degrees at 1:24pm.
Michael Krahe, a waiter at the Diggers on the Darling in Bourke said the town was feeling the heat.
"It's pretty hot," he said from his air-conditioned workplace. "We are just staying inside wherever possible. If you do go outside you do it early, or late at night."
The record top temperature for November is 46.6 degrees. The second hottest occurred this month, on Friday the 14th, which reached 45.8 degrees.

_http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/nsw-hot-weather-some-areas-already-topping-43-degrees-20141123-11s4tn.html#ixzz3JrCT8r4B

I can confirm that, Arwenn, when I came home after 5pm it was still 35 Celsius in the shade.
And it's not even summer yet!
I bet those folk in the Northern hemisphere would like us to share the heat with them, to melt their massive snowdrifts. If that happened here, we'd be screwed.

MusicMan said:
I can confirm that, Arwenn, when I came home after 5pm it was still 35 Celsius in the shade.
And it's not even summer yet!
I bet those folk in the Northern hemisphere would like us to share the heat with them, to melt their massive snowdrifts. If that happened here, we'd be screwed.

I've been thinking the opposite, that all of you "down under" would like some of this colder weather to be sent your way. :D

Hope you all are tolerating the heat okay.

Jonathan said:
Lots of snow in northern Michigan, US. Our first storm gave us a couple feet, but nothing near Buffalo's totals! Now it's supposed to rain, and then get cold again. Everybody's prepping for the nasty roads...

In lower Michigan we almost began to freak out. Most of the snow plows were not prepared to hit the streets. Many were still in the maintenance bays when the weather struck.

"GRAND RAPIDS, MI -- This week's stretch of seemingly never-ending snowfall earned Grand Rapids residents some bragging rights.

Snowfall totals for Grand Rapids so far this month have made for the snowiest November on record, with 28.4 inches that accumulated as of 7 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 20, according to the National Weather Service. The previous record of 28.2 inches was set in 1895."

Weather has been bizarrely warm here in Belgium. It's almost December (which usually means cold weather, rain and possibly snow) but today it was 16°C and yesterday 19°C (66 ° F).

It's chilly and rainy in Atlanta, GA. This month, we've had some really cold days, compared to our normal November temps.

Back
Top Bottom