What's the weather where you are?

Storm in Croatia!
Storm is aggravated traffic, termination of ferry service

On Krk bridge was measured maximum wind speed of about 200 kilometers per hour.

ZAGREB - From morning storm in almost all of Croatia causes problems, several people were injured, and the competent authorities to intervene because of broken trees, torn parts of the facade and roof and move off tank waste on roads and in the sea

Too bad it was and on the roads in the area of ​​Rijeka.
Most of the damage from trees or attack other items .. In total there were over 100 reports, and has so far registered about 80 damaged vehicles.
. Bura is damaged the roof of the Academy of Applied Arts, less damage was caused to the building of the university departments and Civil Engineering, and damaged the facade and exterior ceiling student restaurant. Was demolished and a fair number of trees. Invited are climbers who should repair the facade and roof.
. The termination of the entire ferry and catamaran traffic.

In the coastal blowing winds pushed (on the island of Pag blowing up to 200 kilometers per hour), numerous roads were closed to all vehicle.
The strongest attack north wind was measured in Prizna 216 km per hour.
Chaos in Dalmatia

Strong gusts of wind that affected Dalmatia blown vessels at sea, break wooden transmission poles, creating landslides on roads and wounding the tree.

Same storm affect the territory of Macedonia too. Heavy show falls since last night.Day before that it was shiny without a cloud on the sky. Now there is about 10-15 cm of snow but its melting a lot because temperatures are around 2-3C. Much lower temperatures are expected in next several days. Snow falls are expected to stop on Saturday.

Today ( 03/05/2115 ) we're having such a wonderful weather here in southern California, it is going to be rising up to 86 by the weekend, :perfect:

It is absolutely beautiful here in So. San Diego. Warm and sunny, not a cloud in the sky. Yesterday was the same. Gets chilly at night but the sky has been clear making for a beautiful full worm moon. The native Americans called it a Worm moon because it was the time of year the earth would soften and the earthworms would appear. It was also known as the full crow, full sap, full crust and lanten moon according to what I read.
Think I will get out of the house today and take one of my dogs for a walk on the beach.
Have a beautiful day all

Mid South USA 35N 92W

On March 4th, the Full moon, it began to sleet in the afternoon, by morning on the 5th a beautiful 4" blanket of snow covered the ground.

The last 2 days have been sooo beautiful , I have spent much time outside as it has been icy as well, needing my attention. It would be perfect weather to ski in ... ooohh to be in Aspen or Park City on a day like today !!! The Sun, the Snow, the fresh air..aaahh the sauna ... l'apri ski..lafn

But, am very serious about how the fresh air and snow and sun are so invigorating and it's quite lovely to immerse the senses in it; renewing ! All that data...lol

B, :cool2:

Professional baseball starts here in what three(3) weeks or so? Looks like the dead of winter to me. Are they gonna use an orange ball to find the ball in the white snow?

Oh, I am in northwest Ohio. Went down to -3f last night. The snow is packed like rock. Even if it melts we are going to have flooding for a week or two...

Yep, it's that global warming, lol...

I have been thinking about the wobble of Earths axis. New England being more north while Southern California being more south. Cyclical back and forth. Although I don't know the timespan... Weebles wobble but they don't fall down. That's an old toy tv commercial showing my age. G00gle that...

Russia, Kamchatka- just right now we have the blizzard that is burying Khabarovsk. http://www.ntv.ru/novosti/1356999/

Having waken up I was astonished by "thundersnow". I saw flashs of light two times and then asked my friend and he proved it.

Very hot temps for Autumn here in rural NSW, hitting 32C in recent days. Been getting showers and storms, some of them forming very fast, with patchy falls of rain. With very cold winter temps in the northern hemisphere, will we see another mild winter here again this year?

Here on the central coast of California, its crazy. There are days, like today in mid March where it's 65 degrees, and This Friday through Sunday it's going into the mid 80's. I'm used to the Oregon weather. But then we are on I think our fourth year of drought. I heard rumors they are calling for a 10 year drought. I am having to get to know the succulent plants. They are very different from what I'm used to but they can be very interesting and I enjoy the feel of the leaves.

March, a little more crazy, so is the usual saying, like almost two weeks ago, it was warm weather, around this days, sleet, it is my first time I see sleet coming down in Mexico City and ever, looks different from rain and snow. Clouds are moving fast with cold breeze.

It snowed in high places, like Puebla http://www.sott.net/article/293770-Very-unusual-snowfall-forces-closure-of-Puebla-Mexico-highway, Michoacán with hail _http://www.sdpnoticias.com/estados/2015/03/11/sorprendente-granizada-cubre-de-blanco-calles-de-morelia (Spanish)

Cooled down somewhat from all that beautiful sunny weather weeks ago. A little drizzle here and there, clouds and sunshine interchangeably. Night low temps are not so "dramatic" anymore. Warming is holding up. I could feel it Thursday, running and exercising in some rain for ~70 minutes - clothes got somewhat drenched - but the constant cool winds didn't bite that hard anymore, as they did in winter.

After this I got a back-ache, signifying probable pneumonia - some lungs stress audible on how the coughing sounded. Could have meant the 'got cold thingy', where I not on the diet: HA! But an intense FIR sauna session and fatty bone broths took care of it. Booyah!

The remnants of the large cyclone that beat up Vanuatu is bearing down on us in Northland New Zealand. Forecast is for 10cm of rain between 2PM today and 2Pm tomorrow with winds gusting to 130Km/h

Wind is currently gusting around 50Km and the rain looks imminent. At least it is no longer a Cat 5 storm, down to Cat 3 now I think

Flashgordonv said:
The remnants of the large cyclone that beat up Vanuatu is bearing down on us in Northland New Zealand.

That was so bad, poor people. I was reading today that the cyclones brought 9 out of 10 houses down! When aid arrived from New Zealand and Australia, they were describing what they were seeing as "total destruction". They still didn't know how many people died because they didn't have communications with the smaller islands, but officially it was 8 people.

Videos here: http://news.yahoo.com/cyclone-pam-vanuatu-survivors-photos-videos-125648556.html

Time is very diverse, rising temperature, moderate to strong wind, daytime temperatures up to 18 stupnjeva- arrives spring (Croatia)

Back
Top Bottom