What's the weather where you are?

Here in the East of Germany (Leipzig area) weather was pretty crazy in the last few days (on from March 26th or so to April 2nd): Cool and rainy like autumn (Sunday especially). Then we had been battered by high gale force winds, too. While on my way home on Tuesday afternoon, I had a little trouble to keep myself on my feet instead of being blown to the ground. Cars had trouble to keep on track. There have been many train cancellations and a couple of accidents in my region too. Some people got injured, but no one died fortunately.

Then, yesterday and today, it had been a rapid change between sun, rain, wind, hail and even snow. This April weather seems to be much more drastic to me, than it was a couple of years back. Now, by the evening, it has become stable again with almost clear sky. But it is has become pretty cold outside (ca. 2-3 C° ).

In The Netherlands we have unusual strong winds for almost a week now, going on and off and on again, with no end in sight before Easter.

After a very mild winter it seems like we have slipped back into autumn weather again, instead of going forward onto spring. Most peculiar. :huh:

Yesterday was nice and sunny , with temperature around 10-12C during the day. At night i wake up because strong winds were blowing and making very strange noises.
This morning when i wake up it was snowing. Mountains are full with snow.Right now its still snowing. My town is at altitude of 550m above sea and here snow dont stay on the ground. But at higher altitudes its a real winter storm. Some people have just told me that on one road through mountains at about 1000 m above sea level, there is 50 cm of new snow on the road and that all vehicles on that road are blocked. There were already more then 100 cm snow on the mountains, but now its even more.
Forecasts for this weekend are that temperature will drop even more and that more snow will fall.
I don't remember when we have weather like this in April, and nobody remembers so much snow in the mountains in April.
Ice age is definitely on its way.

In Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, and it is a very hot and steamy 36 degrees C. It rains every afternoon/evening here, with the heavy dark clouds appearing suddenly, and then heavy downpours causing real problems for traffic and getting around. Some loca minor flash flooding in areas with no proper drainage, but so far its been manageable. According to locals residents in KL its been like this for the past 3-4 months, and very unusual rain patterns for this time fo the year. The rains dont follow the seasonal monsoons anymore.....

Received 113mm of very welcome rain over the last 2 days :thup: here on the northern tablelands,NSW,Aust. The geese can now fly down to the dam and land in water instead of a big hole in the ground! Once again, the amounts of rain over the region were variable, but it was widespread. As with the previous rain, it formed very quickly, catching me out yet again.

Temps are around 10 - 23C, but are forecast to drop to a minimum of 3C in the middle of the week.

Real spring snow storm this weekend in Macedonia. Western part are all in snow while at the east of the country are heavy rains.
Major roads are all blocked with a lot of snow on them.
First image is taken from my balcony at 11:30am.
Second one is just 4 hours later , at 3:40 pm. you can see the amount of snow.
On the last image you can see the amount of accumulated snow in just 2 hours on my car. I cleaned it at 1pm and the picture is taken 2 hour later in 3pm.
Temperature was about 2-4C all the time. It was snowing all night too. Even today but much less. For next weekend forecasts are that it will be warm and sunny. So another danger from floods from melting snow in large quantities. This global warming is very snowy and icy in last time. :)

Attachments

• IMG_20150405_113502.jpg
    IMG_20150405_113502.jpg
    688.4 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_20150405_153932.jpg
    IMG_20150405_153932.jpg
    659.5 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_20150405_151250.jpg
    IMG_20150405_151250.jpg
    422.9 KB · Views: 176
NW coast of England: Although the plants are really beginning to bloom, judging by the icy cold breeze (bringing temps to 6-8C most days, if not lower) we're still getting some of that arctic air! It was REALLY chilly even when the ambient temperature was mild.

Other than that, chatting with my fellow bus travellers - where is spring?!

Due to the heavy winds, the sky was relatively clear; today is totally blanketed with cloud.

Here In Russia, Kamchatka today we had a little blizzard with snowfall (not the last, I suppose). The chief on my work admitted " Well, you was right, this year here are too much snow comparing to last years"... Consider the fact he is a person who inclined to deny all and everything basing on his wide experience as a former tourist. He said that the last blizzard occured in the beginning of march. Well, will see how environment unfold.

Yesterday noon it snowed here in Southern Bavaria and this morning there was a little bit of snow on the ground. Spring is sometimes feeling cold. This afternoon it is sunny and the temperatures are quite normal for spring.

Our unusually warm weather continues along the Mid north coast of NSW- today we had a top of 30 degrees Celsius, and it's meant to be autumn :/

Not much rain either although some rain is forecast in a few days, and I have noticed more con-trails in the skies recently. Changing weather indeed.

After a really unusual Snowstorm 10 days ago, now it a nice sunny weather here. Not so warm as it should be but calm and sunny weather. Such a dramatic change in such a short time.

It's 28C (82F) today here in Zagreb, Croatia. Unusually warm for this part of year. It is well above average for the last couple of days and one all time high record for April, from 1960. has been broken yesterday in mountainous part of the country where on elevation of 840m (2756ft) was measured 26C (79F). Weather forecast for weekend says that it's going to get colder and beginning of the next week can start with morning frost.

Yup there was a kind of summerish feeling in Split, Croatia today... But meteorologists are calling some major temperature drop in the weekend... reverse extremes

Spring is finally here in my region of Canada, but the heavy snows are still melting.

I've never seen anything like this before; people's front lawns had up to 5 feet of old snow, for the first two weeks, the snow melted back like a bunch of miniature glaciers, leaving expanding strips of muddy earth at the sides of the roads, but not losing much of their thickness. You could see the layers preserved in the snow left by each of the major snowstorms. If there hadn't been regular snowplow and removal efforts, I don't know how the melt patterns would have progressed, with light being reflected off the main bodies of white.

Migratory birds were reportedly starving to death; Robins eat worms and grubs, not seed, and they were hopping in large numbers, miserably picking at the little strips of cold mud along the sidewalks.

In the last week or so, however, the days have been warm enough for things to really start melting in earnest; the thickness of the main packs have decreased markedly, and the earth is now showing through in spots. Spring is finally winning, but it was hard!

Surprisingly, there has been very little in the way of flooding; that was something people were worried about.

Still, as the snow recedes, other damage is being revealed. It's amazing what a heavy layer of snow can do to a stone wall or row of fences. You can begin to understand how the land was shaped the way it was by ancient mile-thick glaciers! Many farmers in the region are predicting ruin for the coming growing season as perennial plants were damaged by the heavy layer of snow; grape vines and blueberry bushes were hit pretty bad. A large number of green houses were destroyed, losing their glass ceilings under the weight during the Winter build-up. One franchise greenhouse business announced earlier this week that it couldn't afford the repair bill on their structures and all the plants lost during the Winter, and is going out of business, closing all locations.

And it's still damned cold, with puddles icing over some nights. Last year this time, the land was green and full of budding perennial flowers; people have posted comparison pictures from last year on the web, so you can really see the difference.

I think I might be the only one more worried about what will happen next winter than I am about the immediate state of things.

Air temperatures in Croatia were slashed by 10 to 15 degrees, and the hill country of the snow cover. Cloudy and cold, sometimes it rains.
On the continental part of the highest daily temperature mostly 8-13 and in the Adriatic 14-19 ° C

Back
Top Bottom