What's the weather where you are?

The storm has affected certain parts of Croatian. Strong hail and wind damage is done, destroyed trees.
Video:
Sisak, storm, 20/05/2015
https://youtu.be/Lm5eH7DreC4
For tomorrow is because of possible storms, published a series of warnings, the temperature will drop by more than 10 degrees.
Meteoalarm is for the most part Croatian released yellow alert because of possible storm.

Caught a heavy rain, while exercising at the edge of the city. (West of Ukraine, Carpathian Basin). Decided to get home on the bike, because even standing under a well developed nut-tree, beside a metallic wire-fence, water was coming down steadily and there was lightning.

Rain got so strong I had difficulty seeing the road on the bicycle - wiping my eyes brought respite for mere seconds - and the torrential rainwater began to sting my eyes. If a deep space virus was in that rain, its definitely in my body now. :D

The abandoned streets were turned into rivers and the atmosphere was so serene with nobody around. Always liked gloomy rain in my youth, a bit of its magic remained.

The storm front came and went quickly - as is usual here. Our May-June period remains rainy, when it begins early. It was soaked in, but if this quantity continues to fall, we can have a flood on our hands in June.

It has turned quite chilly here in the south of France. 5 or 6 C early this morning and supposed to be about the same tomorrow morning. Won't go over 23 C for at least a week, so they say.

I just read that it snowed in Germany and Italy... crazy.

Very bad storms around North Texas for the past few weeks. Very large and old trees getting blown over. Elm, Sycamore, Hackberry, Oak and Pecan logs on the curb for the taking everywhere. We stocked up. Our roof is in bad need of repair, I had to put a bucket in the attic and in my room to catch drips (it is a VERY old roof though). Fences blown over and so on. Very chilly lately, 10F or more cooler than normal.

Laura said:
It has turned quite chilly here in the south of France. 5 or 6 C early this morning and supposed to be about the same tomorrow morning. Won't go over 23 C for at least a week, so they say.

I just read that it snowed in Germany and Italy... crazy.

Expecting Minus 5 C here (Canberra) tomorrow morning.
Winter is moving in.

monotonic said:
Very bad storms around North Texas for the past few weeks. Very large and old trees getting blown over. Elm, Sycamore, Hackberry, Oak and Pecan logs on the curb for the taking everywhere. We stocked up. Our roof is in bad need of repair, I had to put a bucket in the attic and in my room to catch drips (it is a VERY old roof though). Fences blown over and so on. Very chilly lately, 10F or more cooler than normal.

I was just about to go to the Texas thread to check in on you guys. Ya, these storms have been insane. Non stop rain for almost a month now is getting old. The cooler weather has been a nice change though. Stay safe up there and always keep your eye on the radar. We still have a few more weeks of this crazy system left so be careful with a plan for taking cover wherever you are.

Croatia, Pelješac - 19°, really cold especially for this time of year.

We have a headaches almost every day.

Floods in north of Croatia, again.

Horseofadifferentcolor said:
monotonic said:

I was just about to go to the Texas thread to check in on you guys. Ya, these storms have been insane. Non stop rain for almost a month now is getting old. The cooler weather has been a nice change though. Stay safe up there and always keep your eye on the radar. We still have a few more weeks of this crazy system left so be careful with a plan for taking cover wherever you are.

Have been thinking about you guys too! Seeing the news about the dozens of tornadoes wrecking havoc through the state has been horrific. While most people in other states can look forward to lovely spring weather, May in Texas is more like riding a bucking bronco! And you have to watch the radar constantly; just because the skies may look bright and sunny, doesn't mean it won't change momentarily. I do remember being caught unawares more than a few times and having to find some place to ride out storms - or having to drive through them. :scared: Houston has been having more than their share of rain as well and family members wonder some days if they will ever see sun. So - stay safe and be prepared. :hug:

Ya, these storms have been insane. Non stop rain for almost a month now is getting old.

Hi there,

I'm afraid you folks in Texas are in for more. I've not seen anything like this before and I've tracked these maps for many years. And I'm beginning to wonder: why Texas???

http://www.intellicast.com/Global/Satellite/Infrared.aspx?location=USKS0112&animate=true

sitting said:
Ya, these storms have been insane. Non stop rain for almost a month now is getting old.

Hi there,

I'm afraid you folks in Texas are in for more. I've not seen anything like this before and I've tracked these maps for many years. And I'm beginning to wonder: why Texas???

http://www.intellicast.com/Global/Satellite/Infrared.aspx?location=USKS0112&animate=true

Got some neon colored fungi growing everywhere and a sweet smell in the sky this morning but we survived the last deluge. It was very intense this last round. I was actually a little scared at around four in the morning it was like an ocean was dropping on the roof.

Sitting, these storm systems are spanning past Texas. It is not just localized here, although we sure have gotten some of the worst of it. On our local weather station they are pretty funny/pathetic. They say they don't know what to think or how to predict what will happen. Words like unprecedented have been used often this month. Maybe it is the earths reaction to our lovely new governor giving free rein to the oil companies in a false pretext of giving rights to individuals.

sitting said:

Hi there,

You know, it kind of reminds me of the predictions made in the very first contact with the Cs when it seems that they may have been putting in the big major warnings for the future all in one dump in case the contact was never made again. There was the remark about tornadoes in Texas and Florida when the Sun was in Libra.

16 July 1994 said:
Q: (L) What are you here for tonight?
A: Prophecy.
Q: (L) What prophecies?
A: Tornadoes Florida - several.
Q: Where else?
A: Also Texas and Alabama.
Q: (L) When?
A: Sun is in Libra.

I would expect that for tornadoes to be mentioned this way, they might be giant doozies we have to look forward to. Maybe global climate changing things like superstorms/supertornadoes?

Scary that they mention FLA, too.

Anyway, when they say "when the sun is in Libra" do they mean zodiacally or:

11 July 1998 said:
Q: (A) I want to continue questions from the previous
session. First, about this companion star: where is it
now; which part of the zodiac?
A: Libra Constellation.
Q: (A) Where is the periodic comet cluster?
A: Not visible. It approaches in "scatter pattern,"
indicating that one or two of the members may have already
made the circuit.
Q: (A) We have been told that it will look like one solid
object at first.
A: Yes, but not necessarily only one grouping. Will show up
first in the region of the Magellanic Clouds.

So, yeah, I don't have a good feeling about all this either.

North eastern US and Canada - today being a week before June - has had snow events in Maine and Québec within the last 48 hours??!

Makes one wonder if these 'once-off' 'unprecedented' events are that, or the setting in of a new 'normal' as in 'snow all year round?', considering that one day it can be like in the 20's then the sky pummels the region with ice and snow, and goes back into the high temperatures, turning ice and snow into flash-flooding events?

The speed of change of these 'new normals' is what leaves one awestruck! And that exemplifies what the C's have been mentioning all along. Pretty amazing times...

Central Texas - Yes, it has been a wet May and cooler than usual (a nice break not having to turn on the A/C in May).

We had intermittent thunderstorms yesterday and last night. But, it did not seem so bad here in my small town.

When I got on the internet today, I saw this article - "Public safety curfew issued in San Marcos and Wimberley" (http://www.kvue.com/story/news/local/2015/05/24/public-safety-curfew-issued-in-san-marcos-and-wimberley/27882675/). When I shared that link on my facebook page, I commented, "Wow. A curfew. San Marcos is only 25 miles away from me. Sure, we are having a stormy weekend, but we have had MUCH worse in this area and I never heard of a curfew before. Sure, we had warnings to stay home (and it is wise to take heed as far as I am concerned), but no curfew. Perhaps things are worse in San Marcos and Wimberly than I realized..."

So, then I called a friend who lives in San Marcos and - She is fine (thankfully). She says yes, there was some flooding and the internet access is down (with plenty of people freaking out about it)...BUT, she says it is not near as bad as the storm of 98 and she thinks the media is over hyping this one. She says she even went down to the river today and that it looks like it may have over run its banks but has receded back already. She says back in 98, it over ran its banks without receding so quickly. Although, if there is more rain tonight, there will be more flooding as the ground is saturated and the rivers are full.

Not sure what to think.

An update from another friend:

"It was the Blanco that really flooded not the (river) San Marcos. And as far as the Blanco goes, it was much worse than 98, wiping out a bridge that had withstood many floods. It's was 8 feet higher than record high set in 1929. My moms house even flooded, and it's not very close to the river. Maybe 98 lasted longer but this was a pretty quick flood, the Blanco rose 33 feet in 3 hours and in San Marcos it rose 5 feet in fifteen mins.

I replied:

"My first friend did say the Blanco was already high before this rain started. And I think she was talking of (the city) San Marcos in general. So, I guess the severity really does vary from site to site. I am sorry to hear about your Mom's house. Hope she is safe...and can speedily recover from the flooding."

"I don't know what other factors may be pertinent - like are there any new dams on the Blanco? What about maintenance? (We have been hearing how our roads and bridges are falling apart in the US)."

FireShadow said:
Central Texas - Yes, it has been a wet May and cooler than usual (a nice break not having to turn on the A/C in May).

We had intermittent thunderstorms yesterday and last night. But, it did not seem so bad here in my small town.

When I got on the internet today, I saw this article - "Public safety curfew issued in San Marcos and Wimberley" (http://www.kvue.com/story/news/local/2015/05/24/public-safety-curfew-issued-in-san-marcos-and-wimberley/27882675/).

I saw this about the curfew as well. I have never seen this happen before. !0 inches so suddenly in Blanco is extreme, but a curfew? Take care FireShadow.

Edit=Quote

Back
Top Bottom