What's the weather where you are?

Horseofadifferentcolor said:
Now I understand the saying to always wear clean undies :P

I was reading your serious narrative about the mud and the condition of not getting up to date storm reports on the tornadoes .... when I read the sentence above and cracked up laughing. OH yes, I remember the childhood instructions - to always wear clean underwear! God forbid, something unexpected would happen and you were sent to the hospital and they discovered - you had dirty, discolored undies - you could put "the Families" reputation on the line. If I remember correctly, it was also a time when you wouldn't dare put anything less than white "white's" on the clothes line or you were a disgrace to your profession as a homemaker.

On a serious matter, considering all the rain and flooding, even those with their own property well's, should be boiling water for food preparation and personal use. Have you notice if your water is cloudy? Do you have a testing kit to check the bacteria count?

Hope the folks in Texas and southern USA are well and safe with all the raging storms. In Cologne, Germany now and its been a rainy, windy and cloudy last few days with very sunny intervals - no big storms though. Temp ranging between 10-20 C. Rather cooler than normal for this time of the year, and a subtle change compared to the last few years since i've been here. Weather feels quite "different".

angelburst29 said:
Now I understand the saying to always wear clean undies :P

I was reading your serious narrative about the mud and the condition of not getting up to date storm reports on the tornadoes .... when I read the sentence above and cracked up laughing. OH yes, I remember the childhood instructions - to always wear clean underwear! God forbid, something unexpected would happen and you were sent to the hospital and they discovered - you had dirty, discolored undies - you could put "the Families" reputation on the line. If I remember correctly, it was also a time when you wouldn't dare put anything less than white "white's" on the clothes line or you were a disgrace to your profession as a homemaker.

On a serious matter, considering all the rain and flooding, even those with their own property well's, should be boiling water for food preparation and personal use. Have you notice if your water is cloudy? Do you have a testing kit to check the bacteria count?

Glad I gave you a laugh. With all that is going on we all need a good chuckle or two. On Monday when the worst of it was heading our way, I was so freaked out I could not stand to watch the radar any longer. I had about twenty minutes before it hit us and I went and took a shower. My husband asked me how I could take a shower at a time like this and I told him if I was going to die I at least wanted to be clean and have on fresh undies. lol I actually had on shoes and my I.D. on me just in case.

A friend of mine works at the water company (small town) and said the way our water is treated we are fine. That is good advice though and thankyou. We have filters and a Berkey, so we should be alright.

Pop up thunderstorms today all over the place, but so far only sprinkles for us here. With these things popping up out of nowhere, the smaller rain chances of only 30/40% are of little comfort. The towns that least need more rain got more today. Hopefully it will let up a little.

That video is down right scary, Siberia and Thanks so much for sharing.

I have never witnessed wind that strong. Does Gelenjik get wind like that in Winter? Must be like the North Pole?

About to get slammed here in in central Texas again. :cry: I know so many people who are suffering. I guess it was only wishful thinking we could dry up a little today. Could one of the admins check on Howtobe and Monotonic?

angelburst29 said:
That video is down right scary, Siberia and Thanks so much for sharing.

I have never witnessed wind that strong. Does Gelenjik get wind like that in Winter? Must be like the North Pole?

Thank you angelburst29. Gelenjik is a city in the South of Russia, located on the Black Sea coast (not far from Sochi and Crimea). This storm happened last Spring in March. In the recent years we have such strong winds more and more often all over the place here in Russia.

But what amazed me in this video is not even so much the wind itself, but the people's behavior: it shows many cases of how people react to the situation. For example, there was a woman (?) standing and gripping hold of a light post, and somebody pulled over and helped her to sit in the car. In another episode, people help each other by gathering in groups to be able to move ahead, which is very natural and reasonable.

But also, in some cases people act very carelessly: why on Earth would they unload a truck in such a weather?! In a situation like this, I'd probably get under some entrance roof and wait until the wind subsides, because walking in such weather is extremely dangerous. fwiw

...I am getting a bit frazzled.

I see from your latest post that it is continuing, so hang in there, which goes for everyone else living in tough environmental conditions right now.

angelburst29 said:
To all our Members and Families in these area's, I wish you safety and that you will be able to weather these storms, without any loss.

I hope that "all" have an extra food supply and First Aid Kit, in case Emergency Services are disrupted.

I wish and hope so too. Hopefully members will be able to check in soon who have not been able to.

About to get slammed here in in central Texas again. :cry: I know so many people who are suffering. I guess it was only wishful thinking we could dry up a little today.

Hi,

Few days ago, a similar (menacing red) storm front blew by the northeast, including NJ. Intense for a short time, but it dissipated or moved on quickly. That's what these fronts normally do. But not so for you folks down south. I wonder if some sort of the C's "tipping point" is imminent ... or is upon us.

My prayers are with you and all those affected. It's an experience I can relate to after Sandy.

About to get slammed here in in central Texas again. :cry: I know so many people who are suffering. I guess it was only wishful thinking we could dry up a little today. Could one of the admins check on Howtobe and Monotonic?

Monotonic logged in at 3am today, so he appears to be ok.

Heimdallr said:

Monotonic logged in at 3am today, so he appears to be ok.

Thankyou for letting me know.

I can see blue sky today! The first blue sky in a month :bacon: :dance: :dance:

I can see blue sky today! The first blue sky in a month

Hi,

A much needed respite!

But it's changing. And it's that suddenness of change that's striking. Usually there's continuity of pattern, moving from west to east. But these bursts come out of nowhere. Ditto the moisture content. The massive rainfall is coming directly from space it seems, and not from moisture picked up in the west--then carried east.

Increasing comet dust in our atmosphere may be a contributing factor for this relentless precipitation. Plus the current flow from system grounding. Hence sheets of rain. Precisely according the C's. I am becoming more and more a believer with each passing day.

FWIW.

It's raining here. 140mm in the past 16 hours, which is already a record for the biggest daily rainfall recorded in Dunedin, New Zealand since records began being kept (I am not sure when that was, probably sometime in the early 20th C?).

The rain is not as heavy as might be experienced in e.g. a thunderstorm, but it has been constant for the entire day and is forecast to continue on through the night.

I found my waterproof shoes work really well at holding in the water after stepping in a gutter, and after that switched to gumboots (UK: galoshes). Some roads and motorways are flooded, isolating some areas until the water levels go down.

A week ago Dunedin also had its biggest earthquake since 1974. This measured a 4.7, so not particularly newsworthy on a global scale, with the epicenter 30km away. It was noisy, like there was a heavy truck driving through the house.

Here in NYC the temperature dropped overnight from 80F to 51F.
Sunday was really hot and humid (87%) during the day and overnight just cooled down suddenly.
Now it's cold and raining.
Right now is 55F.
Guys in Texas, take care and stay safe!
:hug:

Back
Top Bottom