What's the weather where you are?

West Michigan has been cooler than normal with a bit more rain than usual for this time of year. Personally I'm lovin it. For some reason there have been very few Mosquitos. Already half way thru June and I havent been bit once. I guess sometimes climate changes aren't always terrible. But that's obviously just from my point of situation and only 'for now'. ;D

In Shanghai, and it was raining non-stop for almost 72 hours ! Ive never experienced anything like it. The rain finally stopped this evening, and the whole city was then enveloped in mist...although its the rainy season, its very unusual for it to rain non-stop for 3 days, as confirmed by the Shanghai residents i spoke too. Apparently there's more rain forecast for this week, and there was some minor flooding in low lying areas of the city....

After really nice and hot days, from today the temperatures dropped for about 10-12 C degrees , during the night. Now its cloudy and it raining for almost all night and all morning. Outside it looks like its an autumn not summer.
Last weekend i was in a mountains on one beautiful and long hiking trail. In the middle of hiking , suddenly ,from nowhere trong hail and rain start .
Everybody were amazed how its possible for hail to pour non stop for almost 2 hours. Thanks god it was a small hail. There are still places not so high ( about 1400-1500 m ) that have a snow and ice deposits. I have never seen that before here in this part of the year.

Well, here on California we are getting ready to welcome Summer, today (06/19/2015) we are closer to 101 and getting hotter by the weekend...

And here in Macedonia, we are still waiting for the summer to come. It cold here. There were just a couple of warm days somewhere in the beginning of June, and that was all. Yesterday at 8:00 pm i measured only 16C outside.During the night and in early morning i was probably around 12C. For this time of the year it should be at least 10C higher. It doesn't look like summer at all. Light cold north wind, heavy low clouds . It very unusual.

North of Italy: starting today for at least the next 10 days will arrive a heatwave over the whole of Italy with temperatures reaching in some regions 40° C or higher, so far this period of the summer is much warmer than the same period of the previous year...

The south of Poland. It was rather a warm winter in my region and I must say it wasn't what I expected this year. Now it's almost summer but the nights are really cold and we all are still waiting for better sunny weather.

The Netherlands is suffering from a sweltering heatwave currently with temperatures of around 35º C (95º F) and today is set to be the hottest July 1 ever measured around here.

From _http://www.nltimes.nl/2015/07/01/heat-forces-changes-to-school-schedules/

Heat forces changes to school schedules

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 by Janene Van Jaarsveldt

Kids_AT_2013_130625-A-ZM469-002.jpg

Kids staying cool (Picture: Wikimedia Commons/Michael Williams)

The increasing heat is prompting a number of schools to adopt a tropical schedule for Thursday and Friday, in which lessons start earlier and end around noon.

Schools are allowed to adjust their schedules in extreme heat. They must inform the parents on time and are obliged to offer an additional program to the official end of the day to kids who can not go home earlier.

“Not all of our schools have air conditioning”, Niek Barendregt of OPOD, the dome of 16 primary schools in Dordrecht, told newspaper AD. “As a result, the temperatures in the classroom can get very high. That’s not good for concentration. We are going to give lessons early in the morning, when it’s still cool.”

The Royal Netherlands Meteorological Institute has issued a code yellow warning for extreme heat starting today. The warning affects the entire country and will remain in force for 48 hours. Maximum temperatures are expected to rise to 35 degrees on Wednesday. On Thursday, maximum temperatures will be between 30 and 37 degrees, and between 28 and 30 degrees on Friday. The National Heat Plan is currently in effect.

The Red Cross believes that the tropical school schedule is a useful tool for schools. Children are a vulnerable group at high temperatures. “They do not themselves think to drink enough, even though this is very important. Just as staying cool enough.” a spokesperson said to AD.

EDITED: to add record for today.

Normally in July, in the afternoon, it is at least 95 degrees (F), often it has been 100 or more. This afternoon, it is only 81. In the 28 years I have lived here, I do not remember ever seeing such low temperature in the afternoon in July.

Between 25-30 degrees yesterday and today in North West England. Extremely humid and clammy all day, and then this evening was hit by a thunder storm and downpours that i havnt seen in years. Had a very tropical feel to it!

Huxley said:
Between 25-30 degrees yesterday and today in North West England. Extremely humid and clammy all day, and then this evening was hit by a thunder storm and downpours that i havnt seen in years. Had a very tropical feel to it!
Similar in North Yorkshire. I cannot remember been so hot and humid at this time of night 11:45 pm. There has been storms but not directly overhead. Very clammy indeed.

I live in Salem, Oregon, about 60 miles inland from the coast. Normally we have moderate temps, maybe in the 70's or low 80's this time of year and usually a fair amount of rain in June, but this year the temps have reached into the high 90's, and we've had zilch for rain this past month. Fortunately the humidity is low here, so the hot weather is somewhat bearable.

I looked at my thermometer early this morning and it read minus three Celsius.
Coldest day so far this winter, although fairly normal for Canberra area. Brrr..

Back
Top Bottom