What's the weather where you are?

Summer in the UK has turned from heatwave to washout. It has been raining for hours at a time over the course of the last week. Today was forecast to be mostly dry - wrong! I will soon be in Croatia (complaining about the heat :rolleyes: )

Extreme weather-watchers, if you find any video footage of your extreme weather events, please post links to them here!

We might include them in the monthly Sott Summary videos.

I hope you are all enjoying your global warming up there in the Northern Hemisphere!
Here in Canberra, traditionally the coldest part of Australia, we actually missed out on the snow which carpeted most of the Eastern States last week, and next week we are looking at waking up every morning to negative temperatures. I'm certainly giving the ducted heating a work-out!

Well, shortly after my last report of the heat continuing to go up, it went down; cloudy and drizzly for the past week and this morning, it was 12 C. Right now, it is 17.5 and raining lightly.

Here in the Puget sound region of Washington state, we are having a heat wave and have broken all previous records since they began keeping track. It has been so hot and so dry, we are in an extreme drought situation and many fires have already burned many acres.

This is Hurricane Season in the Caribbean. Usually a time of tropical waves and storms dropping enough rain to keep the hills nice and green and our cisterns filled. We are experiencing drought conditions since about the end of April. Puerto Rico has started a rationing schedule for water distribution. The Sahara dust continues churning this was creating havoc for persons with breathing issues. Farmers are having challenges accessing water for their crops. Do you think doing a rain dance will help? :cool2:

Merci pour vos nouvelles météo...
Ce matin 3 gouttes de pluie enfin, j'aurai aimé qu'il pleuve un peu plus car la sècheresse est bien présente sur la Côte d'Azur en France...

Thank you for your new weather ...
3 This morning raindrops finally, I liked it rains a little more because the drought is present on the Cote d'Azur in France ...

After record 45C in a shadow this Thursday ( 30-07-2015 ), yesterday we have a little rain and this morning was a little bit chilly. I went to a workplace with a bicycle and it was a little chilly to drive a bicycle. Now at noon its cloudy, misty and hot again . Not as 2 days ago but still hot. Forecasts for next week is that there will be alittle drop in temperature and bore clouds and rain.

So now, in the dead of winter, we have bushfires blazing in the mountains just west of Sydney, Australia.

This is a link from the Sydney Morning Herald:
_http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/firefighters-work-to-contain-outofcontrol-bushfire-at-wentworth-falls-20150731-gip94x.html

I would say this does not bode well for the Summer!

Since the deluge of Tuesday July 28, we are experiencing what I would describe as perfect summer weather. Wednesday and Thursday were sunny, but with 30-50k winds. However, yesterday reached a high of 26 with no wind and sunny skies, a day and evening I can only describe as gorgeous. Today, again with no wind and sunny skies, the temperature is forecast to reach 32, but tomorrow only 25.
Also, on the plus side, and probably due to the extreme dry weather of May, June, and most of July, there is a definite absence of mosquitoes.

Merci de donner des nouvelles de vos météo mais pourriez vous indiquer où vous vous trouvez ?... Merci...

Thank you for giving news of your weather but can tell you where you are? ... Thanks ...

"Freakishly hot, dry" :nuts:
_http://www.king5.com/story/weather/2015/07/31/fish-kills-hot-water-pacific-northwest/30949551

After a very hot period a strong storm was inevitable. And it happened yesterday late afternoon. Dark clouds with lot of wind and rain. The main impact zone was 25 km north from my town, in the town called Tetovo. I have some friends there and they said that the wind will probably brake their windows. The river spilled from the heavy rains and caused a lot of damage to near mountain villages and in the town itself. There are probably 2 victims, 2 dead children. Many people are injured and a lot of material damage all over the town and local villages. The government have an special meeting to try to organise rescue teams and help for the people that live in that region.

Here on this link you can see some videos and photos from the place.
_http://tocka.com.mk/1/166639/golemo-nevreme-celo-tetovo-pod-voda-se-izlea-rekata-pena-ima-zrtvi

Talking about heat waves, its the first time -I think ever- had heard about this kind of extremely hot weather as in Bandar Mahshahr, Iran, that's beyond my comprehension. :scared:

_http://www.accuweather.com/en/features/trend/no-foreseeable-relief-after-ir/51091128 said:
By Kristina Pydynowski, senior meteorologist
August 4, 2015; 6:47 AM ET

The air felt like an exceptional 163 F (73 C) in Bandar Mahshahr, Iran, on Friday, and no relief is expected in the foreseeable future.

Due to extreme heat and humidity, Bandar Mahshahr registered an apparent temperature of 154 F (68 C) on Thursday. "That was one of the most incredible temperature observations I have ever seen and it is one of the most extreme readings ever in the world," stated AccuWeather Meteorologist Anthony Sagliani.
However, such an exceptional apparent temperature outdid itself on Friday.

The combination of an actual temperature of 115 F (46 C) and a dew point temperature of 90 F (32 C) pushed the apparent temperature to 163 F (73 C) Friday afternoon local time.[/bThis reading would have been even higher if a breeze was not blowing, a factor in the calculation of the apparent temperature.

"A strong ridge of high pressure has persisted over the Middle East through much of July, resulting in the extreme heat wave in what many would consider one of the hottest places in the world," stated Sagliani.
Amid this heat wave, Baghdad experienced its all-time record high on Thursday when temperatures soared to 124 F (51 C).

"Around the Persian Gulf, where water temperatures are in the lower to middle 90s (30s C), the extreme heat combines with incredibly high humidity to produce astounding apparent temperatures," Sagliani continued in regards to the exceptional feeling heat around Bandar Mahshahr.

"As the land heats up around the Persian Gulf, the air rises quickly and rushes inland from the Gulf, creating an onshore wind that pulls humid air sitting over the waters into coastal communities," he added.
Water temperatures in the Persian Gulf are running a bit above normal, contributing to even higher than normal humidity.

"Believe it or not, it is always very humid in these places surrounding the Persian Gulf during the summer, but the nature of the extreme heat wave is causing some of the highest combinations of heat and humidity ever observed," he continued.

Relief from the oppressive heat and humidity in Bandar Mahshahr and along the Persian Gulf will not come anytime soon.

"Right now, it appears as though the ridge of high pressure will remain in place across the Middle East through at least the next week, so more oppressive heat and humidity, and more astounding apparent temperatures, are likely through the next several days," added Sagliani.

Residents are urged to use extreme caution amid this heat wave to avoid suffering a heat-related illness or succumbing to a heat-related death. Be sure to drink plenty of water, wear light clothing and seek out cooling center.

As I said, we had rain for several days, then it cleared up. We had one really hot day, and it was supposed to be sunny and hot today, but it's been cloudy and cooler since early morning. Definitely not August weather.

Back
Top Bottom