What's the weather where you are?

To echo other comments PERLOU, thank you for your updates and it is good to hear you are safe and sound :)

Here in NW England, the switch from 'Summer' to Autumn took a few days at most. It actually felt as though the seasons couldn't wait to change. Even though the plants seem to be unsure of whether to keep growing or wind down.. It may be because we have had a patchy 'Indian summer' where in the sunshine, it is strangely hot. Whereas the shade and wind are northerly feeling for sure.

From the weak summer with 20-24C with 60% humidity to our indian summer/autumn with a max 17C.

Konstantin said:
The summer heat is over. Its a normal October weather now. Little bit cold in the morning about 8-10 C and to maximum 20C during the day in Macedonia. Its fine only the sudden change from very hot to this much colder weather is bothering a lot of people. Its hard to acclimatize to such a sudden temperature changes for some people.

Same changes in extremes here too: the mornings can be chilly (6-10C) so i've been wearing many layers, but once in the sun or by the afternoon, it can become quite unbearable with all the layers! Which reminds me of the Sott article where in Scotland they had the hottest AND coldest day.

It hasn't been that rainy - yay - which made the Sink hole in St Albans less easy to explain away - i was talking about it with someone today.

Today is way overcast but Friday and over the weekend i was able to sit quite comfortably for 2 hours on two seperate days in the heat of the sunlight and read - wow ;) added: but i initially sat in my BIG winter coat for 15 minutes because it was fresh.

Nienna said:
Don Cesar said:
I all, picture from Cannes last night, 100 m of my mother home and 200 than mine. Everybody ok in my family, but lot of injuries in Cannes and around... Sheets of rain... Yes !!

Thank you for the news, Don Cesar. And, glad to see you and your family are okay.

I would like to echo what has been said by others; everyone in affected areas, keep your eyes and ears open and stay safe!

Thank You Nienna !! Here in Cannes there is some streets destroyed with cars up and down... And some streets near are ok (like where we live). The flood folow hold canals (now under the streets) who goes to the sea. But Saturday the flood was up on the roads...
I Will keep my eyes ans ears open... Yes
Thanks again

PERLOU said:
Merci mes amis pour vos messages et vous être souciés de moi... Maintenant il y a 17 morts et 4 disparus, les dégats vont de Toulon à Nice mais particulièrement sur Mandelieu la Napoule, Cannes, Biot, Vallauris... Je vis à Cagnes sur Mer entre Nice et Cannes, nous avons été moins touché et n'avons pas de mort ni de disparu mais impressionné tout de même par ces intempéries jamais vues depuis que la Météo existe en France, sur la Côte d'Azur... Où que vous soyez, prenez bien soin de vous...

Thank you my friends for your messages and you for caring about me ... Now there are 17 dead and 4 missing, the damage range from Toulon to Nice but especially in Mandelieu la Napoule, Cannes, Biot, Vallauris ... I screw Cagnes sur Mer between Nice and Cannes, we were less affected and have no dead or disappeared, but still impressed by these storms ever seen since the Weather exists in France on the Cote d'Azur ... Wherever you are, take good care of you ...

Enchanté Perlou, content de savoir qu'il y a quelqu'un qui connait les C's pas loin et que vous allez bien après ce désastre.
Hello Perlou, pleased to know that there is someone who knows the C's not so far and that you are safe after this disaster.

Where I'm at, the temp. is in the low 70's and mostly cloudy. Here in Northern and Central Alabama, Fall has started right on schedule and long-time residents here are saying it's going to be an early and severe winter.

Eastern NC, here. Speaking of early winter... I have noticed gathering starlings since the end of August this year. I've never seen this before. It usually comes after Halloween.
The gatherings were not huge, just way out of the usual time slot.
They know something?

Merci à tous pour vos nouvelles météo...
Merci mes amis pour votre attention, il y a maintenant 20 morts et 2 disparus, des allemands...
Après une belle journée hier, le temps est à nouveau gris et pluie et orage sont à attendre aujourd'hui surtout en fin de journée, sans gravité annoncée cependant...
Don César, heureuse que vous soyez saufs votre faille et vous, j'ai également ma petite sœur qui vit à Cannes avec son mari et son fils, ils vont bien également mais assez choqués par ce qu'ils ont vu dans les rues de Cannes... Contente de savoir que vous êtes proche et que vous connaissiez Laura et les Cassiopéens...

Thank you all for your new weather ...
Thank you my friends for your attention, there are now 20 dead and 2 missing, German ...
After a beautiful day yesterday, time is again gray and rain and thunderstorm are expected in today especially in the late afternoon, however trivial announced ...
Don Caesar, glad you sound your fault and you, I also have my sister who lives in Cannes with her husband and son, they're fine but also quite shocked by what they saw in the streets of Cannes ... Glad to know that you are near and you know Laura and the C's ...

Croatia, rain, rain and rain again, a little slack, cloudy, damp crept into every corner of the house, it's hard to breathe the air ...

casper said:
Croatia, rain, rain and rain again, a little slack, cloudy, damp crept into every corner of the house, it's hard to breathe the air ...

Same here in Macedonia. Rain and heavy clouds. Temperatures during the day stay around 20C which is a little high for this period. Today a little sunshine through the clouds, but from tomorrow a much heavier rain is forecasted.

And this are results from 48 hour of heavy rain. Some parts of the country are flooded. Here are some pictures from Ohrid, Macedonia

_http://libertas.mk/%D1%84%D0%BE%D1%82%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%B8%D0%B4%D0%B5%D0%BE-%D0%BF%D0%BE%D0%B2%D1%82%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%BD%D0%BE-%D0%BF%D0%BE%D0%BF%D0%BB%D0%B0%D0%B2%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8-%D1%83%D0%BB%D0%B8%D1%86%D0%B8-%D0%B2/

and a video

_https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXP4ESi_brA

MariuszJ said:
We have the first snow this year in Poland, a month earlier than expected!

luc said:
It's snowing now here in Germany (near Frankfurt) - unbelievable!

Interesting. We don't have any big records broken here in Holland, but there was some wet snow in southern parts of the country, which is early for this time of the year. Yesterday was also the coldest 13 October since 1975. Plus, the average temperature is lower than normal, instead of 14/15 degrees, it is 5 degrees Celsius in some areas.

After cca two weeks without it and 10 days of almost continuous downpour, some blueness and sun rays finally appeared over the North part of Zagreb, Croatia. This morning Sava river on the West side of Croatian capital was completely outside of its banks.
There are news reports (Croatian article - with images) that Sava under-passed the dike on the South and flooded some parts of the city close to the river. Some 50 km to the South, city of Karlovac, Kupa and Korana rivers broke their record levels from September last year when they flooded the city.
Some images and few videos of last night's and current situation in Central Croatia can be seen here (click the arrow on the right to go to next image/video) and here.

Saša said:
After cca two weeks without it and 10 days of almost continuous downpour, some blueness and sun rays finally appeared over the North part of Zagreb, Croatia. This morning Sava river on the West side of Croatian capital was completely outside of its banks.
There are news reports (Croatian article - with images) that Sava under-passed the dike on the South and flooded some parts of the city close to the river. Some 50 km to the South, city of Karlovac, Kupa and Korana rivers broke their record levels from September last year when they flooded the city.
Some images and few videos of last night's and current situation in Central Croatia can be seen here (click the arrow on the right to go to next image/video) and here.
Croatia, also flooding in cities along the coast( Šibenik, Vodice), video:

https://youtu.be/5bXYc3XTdAU

Vodice
Poplava-u-Vodicama1.jpg

8c383632acb39b58c6245ea36226a5c5.jpg

So far it's good here but Sava is constantly rising. We will probably also get some flooding in the next few days when that water comes here.

Back
Top Bottom