What's the weather where you are?

After a week of fog and gray skies with occasional drizzle, we had high winds night before last, rain, and now turning cold. Supposed to be minus on Monday and Tuesday, but then warm up and more rain on Wednesday. We'll see if their forecast works out.

For the first time of this autumn it was snowing tonight. Last week it had around 16 °C by day and sunshine, now it is freezing cold. The last two nights were very windy and there was a strange yellowy colour in the sky, a bit like when a rain/thunderstorm appears in summer, but not that reddish-orange.

I just had email from a friend in England who is experiencing snow and temps of minus three.
We on the other hand, on the other side of the planet in good old Oz, are experiencing warm spring days, yesterday was 35 degrees and somewhat windy.
This summer might get interesting.

Yesterday it snowed a little bit in my region in Spain (Southern Aragon). We also hit the minus 2 degrees this morning. Same temperature like in Moscow!

Lindenlea said:
Here in the Northern Rivers of NSW it has been hot with mid to high thirties for the last 4 days, we finally had a break around 5pm when the cool wind started and took the humidity out, such a blessing!

Tomorrow is forecast rain and 25*, much more civilised.

Well what a change today. This morning I had a message from my car insurer to inform me my area was going to have a hailstorm (how good was that? never happened before) I thought 'fat chance' I've been waiting for rain for the last 2 days. Well late afternoon it started to rain and within 5 minutes the hail started, it was bedlam with a strong wind behind it, bouncing off everything that could make a noise. I looked across to the hills and it was literally a sheet of white moving towards me, sheets of rain and hail!! Never seen anything like it.

Gaby said:
Yesterday it snowed a little bit in my region in Spain (Southern Aragon). We also hit the minus 2 degrees this morning. Same temperature like in Moscow!

Here in central Germany, there's snow as well - yesterday, there was a creepy thing: in the evening, it suddenly started to hail, and immediately afterwards to snow. This was accompanied by a strange thunderstorm: there were three massive lightnings (accompanied by screams outside!) within a couple of minutes, each time followed almost immediately by very quiet thunders. After that - nothing, only snow... Normally of course, a thunderstorm that close should produce massive thunders, isn't it? Has anyone seen such a thing before? What increased the creepiness factor was that this occurred minutes after I read the new session...

Today Mexico is being around the 10°C with grey sky :( I think we'll have a really cold winter over here...

The clouds over my house yesterday morning:

Attachments

• IMG_20151125_101103888.jpg
    IMG_20151125_101103888.jpg
    700.3 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_20151125_101107516.jpg
    IMG_20151125_101107516.jpg
    661.7 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_20151125_101110969_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20151125_101110969_HDR.jpg
    899.2 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_20151125_101117076_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20151125_101117076_HDR.jpg
    735 KB · Views: 118
In our area of BC, the full moon brought about general clearing (arctic high pressure ridge) and -21 c temps overnight, recovering in the day slightly - the trend looks to be warming. Think this time last year temps were at -30's c that lasted for a good ten days or more.

In Montréal, the weather is freakishly warm for the season. It is currently 9 degrees C. The prediction is for 11 degrees later today.

This is expected to change rather suddenly and drop into the minus range, in 2 days.

This morning first snow here in Macedonia. Temperature a little over freezing. Still a very little snow on the ground because its melting as it falls.

Several load explosions heard Saturday night in Southeastern Pennsylvania.

“Boom” Sound Rattles Some Schuylkill County Residents
http://wnep.com/2015/11/28/boom-sound-rattles-some-schuylkill-county-residents/

Sabrina said, "I was just sitting here on the couch and just a big boom!" She added, "The house shook and windows shook."

Todd said, "It was a boom! Real deep, you almost felt the concussion of the actual shock, nothing like a gunshot."

The couple looked outside, but they couldn't see what had made the sound.

People reported hearing similar sounds in communities across the southern part of Schuylkill County, including New Philadelphia and Pottsville.

The phenomena quickly became a hot topic on social media.

State Police at Schuylkill Haven tell us, while there can't say for sure what made the loud sounds, they suspect it is caused by people shooting guns at Tannerite canisters.

The targets are known for making quite a racket when they are hit, and can be bought at some sporting good stores.

An officer at the Schuylkill Haven Borough Police Department tells Newswatch 16 that he doesn't believe the activity presents a danger to the public at this time.

Fairly cloudy days with guaranteed intermittent rain. 10C Max often dipping to 3-5C. Yesterday there was a fairly strong downpour which also threw down hail and the droplets were so big they bounced splitting into many smaller ones.

Meanwhile today opened rather grey and then about lunchtime whupped up the below. The sky has cleared some which is nice and the wind prolly dropped to 20mph gusts. Note, it's not that dramatic but it is constant :P :
UK Weather Snaps

My weather station's alarm keeps tweeting at me, I'm recording wind gusts over 40mph at low level!! It's pretty windy today snappers, take care.

12301509_925197900902329_4757380689784285954_n.png

Andy Jackson sends this video of a squall feature that passed through Leeds, UK at around 1pm this afternoon. The strongest of the gusts starting kick in across the region now. 50 - 60mph gusts expected widely, possibly 70mph over elevated, exposed areas . Thank you for video report, Andy!

Source: Yorkshire Extreme Weather YEW

https://www.facebook.com/severeweatherEU/videos/1746657595557334/
Apparently filmed near the scottish border -

https://youtu.be/SrXiTbmQsSg

I have just made a major move to north central Florida and the weather here is still nice.
High 70's during the day and high 50's-60 at night. Not hard to take at all!

Montréal - First frost and snow, the ground is still frozen at 12h24... No wind, cloud cover reaching the horizon...

Back
Top Bottom