What's the weather where you are?

Yeah I second that Sow, here in Grasse I wake up with a huge symphony of birds singing and I fall asleep with frogs and insects dancing the primavera ballet.

Bright sun two days on and cloudy humid weather one day off.

Lorraine said:
Hi willO1 and Arwenn,

Glad you're ok.

Yes the temperatures in Sydney are much better, in the high 20s. Phew!!

Glad you're all ok! :)

Yesterday until last night there were pretty high winds here in the midwest of the Netherlands (because of storm Doris). Now it has passed, and the temperature these days is around 5-10 degrees Celsius.

after being very mild we had 37C (98.6F) today and tomorrow is 40 (104F), which is more typical weather for this part of the world for this time of year.

The only difference being that it is unusually humid, normally we have a hot dry heat.

As I type this it's 9pm and still 27C (80.6F) with humidity of 31% :umm:

Oxajil said:
Yesterday until last night there were pretty high winds here in the midwest of the Netherlands (because of storm Doris). Now it has passed, and the temperature these days is around 5-10 degrees Celsius.

Same thing happening here in Luxembourg; we had really strong winds the last couple of days but the storm has now passed and it feels a lot more pleasant walking outside.

Eboard10 said:
Oxajil said:

Same thing happening here in Luxembourg; we had really strong winds the last couple of days but the storm has now passed and it feels a lot more pleasant walking outside.

In Northern Italy, Torino, we didn't have strong winds, but we did have for almost 2 week a very pleasant weather with high temperatures during the day, 10° - 15° C, and not so low during the night, which is pretty strange even for a Mediterranean climate for this time of the year, in the next couple of days the weather should change, according to weather forcasts starting tonight there will be some storms across northern parts of the country then in the next few days in the central and southern parts of the country also.

Entre Cannes set Nice, sur la Cote d'Azur en France, temps magnifique ensoleillé et très doux, des gens se baignent à Nice...

Between Nice Cannes, on the Cote d'Azur in France, beautiful sunny and very sweet weather, people bathe in Nice ...

A return to milder weather here on the Mid North Coast NSW Australia, temperatures sitting around 23 degrees C, overcast with a mild pleasant breeze. Thunderstorms have been forecast later today.

Lorraine said:
The heat wave along eastern Australia has caused catastrophic fires especially in NSW:

_http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2017/02/12/worst-day-history-nsw-fires-burn-out-control

Lindenlea, Arwenn, willo1, MusicMan and Fluffy hope you and family are all safe from the fires.

Lorraine

Lorraine
There are no fires in the Northern Rivers, and thank goodness the temperature has dropped to respectable 20's, just hoping for more rain for my garden which are all plants as it's all sloping land, but nice breezes up the hill. except in the excessive heat and humidity.

Thanks for your concern. :)

Weather has been unusual here in North Western Ohio CornVille. Right now trees are budding, flowers are popping up, bird migration is in full action, was almost 70 degrees Fahrenheit a few days ago, in February. Very warm last week and a half. But I ain't gonna complain... I expect payback and cold white stuff anytime soon.

Lindenlea said:
Lorraine said:
The heat wave along eastern Australia has caused catastrophic fires especially in NSW:

_http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2017/02/12/worst-day-history-nsw-fires-burn-out-control

Lindenlea, Arwenn, willo1, MusicMan and Fluffy hope you and family are all safe from the fires.

Lorraine

Lorraine
There are no fires in the Northern Rivers, and thank goodness the temperature has dropped to respectable 20's, just hoping for more rain for my garden which are all plants as it's all sloping land, but nice breezes up the hill. except in the excessive heat and humidity.

Thanks for your concern. :)

Hi Lindenlea,

Yes I'm enjoying the cooler temperatures of middle 20s. We've had some heavy rain and it's amazing how rain water seems to rejuvenate the plants. None of that fluoride and chlorine.

In the Netherlands we've had a very mild, sunny and dry winter: http://nltimes.nl/2017/02/28/dry-sunny-dutch-winter-much-warmer-previous-years

This winter was much milder, sunnier and with fewer rainfalls than previous winters, meteorological institute KNMI said on Tuesday, the last day of meteorological winter. December and February were particularly mild. The KNMI considers January cold due to a few days with mild to moderate frost, NU.nl reports (in Dutch).

The average temperatures for December, January and February was 3.8 degrees [C]. The average for the period 1981 to 2010 is 3.4 degrees [C].

The lowest temperature of this winter was -10.8 degrees [C] and was measured in Twente on January 23rd. The highest temperature was 17 degrees [C] and it was measured in Beek, Limburg on February 15th.

De Bilt had five consecutive days of frost, which led to a few days of skating on natural ice in several places in the Netherlands.

There was an average of 142 millimeters of rain this winter, compared to the usual average of 208 millimeters. The small amounts of precipitation caused traffic problems due to icy roads on a number of days, especially between January 1st and 7th.

It snowed during the night of 12th to 13th January, with some places getting up to 10 centimeters of snow.

There was an abundance of sunshine this winter - a total of 230 hours of winter sunshine. That is about 34 hours more than normal.

More crazy weather down under (Perth), first day of Autumn (fall) was 35C, then a storm hit last night which was intense, not much rain just loads of thunder and lightning. https://twitter.com/search?q=%23perthstorm&src=tyah

Down to 24C today and raining, and then it is supposed to be 35 tomorrow, 37 the next day and 39 the next. :umm:

The Faroe Islands in the North Atlantic have been in warm air all Winter with an average of 6.1 C for Dec-Feb. The earlier record was 5.5 C set in 2006.
In Denmark the average was 2.8 C but the December average was 6.9 C whereas the previous record for December, 6.6 C, was from 1933.
Source is http://www.dmi.dk/nyheder/arkiv/nyheder-2017/marts/rekordvarm-vinter-paa-faeroeerne/

Back
Top Bottom