Drawings - JFK, Gurdjieff, Lennon...

That is a lovely portrait of Putin, thank you for sharing Grini! The eyes are beautifully drawn (something I always struggled with in drawing)

Thank you!

Moonbird said:
I have started dabbling with colored pencils using a coloring book as I am just a beginner. I find it so therapeutic and enjoy it very much.

That's really great!

It is therapeutic, I completely lose sense of time and I think... well, in this case about Putin and his life, the lines and shading and how to put everything in the right position. There are no worries on my mind, no other thoughts.

grini said:
Maybe it's time to get back to this thread.

It's been almost a year since the last time I draw something. Currently, things are pretty good in my life, I feel happy, motivated, and there is also a need to get back to my hobbies that I neglected for quite some time, drawing and photography. So... I started to take photos like crazy with my bosses DSLR camera and I also started to draw again. For the warm up I decided to draw our dear president Vladimir Putin. :)

Hi there,

Wonderful portrait!

Captures the spirit of the man well, I think. Vision, shrewdness, love for his country and people.
You once posted a portrait of Caesar--who had similar traits. Would love to see them side by side. As they both came from the same group soul apparently.

PS
Your talents seem drawn to great and positive individuals. Is it equally expressive when taken to say evil folks? Like a portrait of Hitler for instance? Or have you made a conscious decision to stay away from drawing evil? Looking forward to your response.

Great to see you back.

sitting said:
Hi there,

Wonderful portrait!

Captures the spirit of the man well, I think. Vision, shrewdness, love for his country and people.
You once posted a portrait of Caesar--who had similar traits. Would love to see them side by side. As they both came from the same group soul apparently.

PS
Your talents seem drawn to great and positive individuals. Is it equally expressive when taken to say evil folks? Like a portrait of Hitler for instance? Or have you made a conscious decision to stay away from drawing evil? Looking forward to your response.

Great to see you back.

Hi sitting and thank you!

Well, my plan is after practicing a bit more to draw Caesar, so we will see what will I came up with.
It actually never occurred to me to draw evil folks. Time is a very precious thing and somehow I don't see that spending 8-10 hours drawing someone evil is well spent time. Maybe drawing them in cartoonish style (didn't try that yet)? Make an illustration with message, like the one we can see on SOTT? That would make much more sense to me than to draw just a portrait of an evil person. :)

Back
Top Bottom