Freemasons to launch their own TV series (Australia)

lewis_86

Padawan Learner
Figured this might of interest to some. I personally enjoy these official documentaries/programs, despite the fact they are inevitably largely one-sided; and often don't scratch the surface. Still, usually of some value at least.

"A TV series that reveals the inside story behind exclusive men’s club the Freemasons is to run on Victorian community channel C31 next month.

The series – called Freemasons: The Inside Story - aims to expose the myths associated with the fraternity, look back at its history and ponder the role Freemasonry plays within the community, according a press release from the group.

The series is to be presented by 3AW radio presenter Wes Turnbull"

http://mumbrella.com.au/freemasons-139219

lewis_86 said:
Figured this might of interest to some. I personally enjoy these official documentaries/programs, despite the fact they are inevitably largely one-sided; and often don't scratch the surface. Still, usually of some value at least.

"A TV series that reveals the inside story behind exclusive men’s club the Freemasons is to run on Victorian community channel C31 next month.

The series – called Freemasons: The Inside Story - aims to expose the myths associated with the fraternity, look back at its history and ponder the role Freemasonry plays within the community, according a press release from the group.

The series is to be presented by 3AW radio presenter Wes Turnbull"

http://mumbrella.com.au/freemasons-139219

Quite interesting. There was a documentary serie that was broadcast in Québec last year and one of the episode was about Freemasonry. Indeed, it was mostly all about trying to expose and debunk myths associated with the Freemasons. They did a very good job at making it look ok, even appealing, warm, comfy and what not. Big red flag to me.

I've had the opportunity to "apply" to get in but I refused. I don't feel comfortable joining a group that I know nothing about and that keep everything secret. I think all Truth should be shared for the benefit of humanity and they seem to only want to serve themselves and their "brothers" so to speak.

I'm looking forward to see/hear what they have to say about it.

Thanks for sharing.

Like you say, they do their best to present a warm, fuzzy view of themselves for the public, who are generally quite ignorant of their very existance, never mind their signifcance.

There would be no way they would allow something which didn't follow this party line, I think. Especially not for mainstream viewing, commisioned by them.

I recentley got invited to a Masonic social meeting in the town I live, after inquiring into them via an email. I found them quite approachable, and perhaps it would be fair to say, generally speaking the lower levels of Masonary really don't know the "bigger picture", or even the extent to which their influence spreads. They all toasted to the Queen, and dead brethren. I got to see the Temple as well, which was impressive I must admit. They said I was welcome back anytime if I let them know in advance, and a couple of times asked why I was interested. I played the family card; it is true that I have family history involvement from my great Grandad. Possibily more as well, but he's the only one I have confirmed as definatley being initiated. I have a Masonic badge of his as well. Unfortunatley it doesn't have any lodge details, it's just the square and compass logo on a small round metal badge. Interesting to note as well, my great grandma didn't approve at all; she thought it represented corruption etc.

On a similar note, I visited the official Masonic museum in London last week. Quite something.

_http://www.freemasonry.london.museum/

Growing up my Father went to Masonic meetings (a member now for 50 some years). It was always hush hush. Some big secret with lots of symbols. My Mother belongs to the Eastern Star, the women`s society of Masons. Well, I still haven`t figured out what their all about. My parents now live at the Masonic Village in Elizibethtown, PA. They`re in assisted living and receive great care there. It was rocky in the beginning though. I had to promise(I`m their Power of Attorney) that the Masonic Home would get all assets belonging to my parents. I felt it was worth having the care for my parents and the facility is compared to a resort.

I`v read some of their brochures to find out what they are about. All faiths of religion are welcome. They help a lot of people in need. I still haven`t figured out what Mr. Goddard`s secret meetings are all about!

I don't know why they are bothering hen when in Australia is riddled with their loser illumination.

jayejay said:
I don't know why they are bothering hen when in Australia is riddled with their loser illumination.

That should say "I don't know why they are bothering when in Australian media is riddled with their loser illumination."

The post was seemingly edited in an attempt to turn non masonic Australians against the JJ and to make the JJ look anti Australian.

Do those losers think that can fool the JJ ?

jayejay said:
jayejay said:

That should say "I don't know why they are bothering when in Australian media is riddled with their loser illumination."

The post was seemingly edited in an attempt to turn non masonic Australians against the JJ and to make the JJ look anti Australian.

Do those losers think that can fool the JJ ?

Nobody edited your post.

Back
Top Bottom