Turpentine and candida

costasaqua1983 said:
tell us more please..
what kind of problem did you had?
i want to try too
i think i am overcandida but not sure
i just cant be sure about what turpentine should i buy.the one that says pure gum spirits is really pure or not? :huh: :cool: :)

Hi costasaqua1983,

Seeing that this is your first post, I would like to welcome you to the forum and we would appreciate it if you would post a brief introduction about yourself in the Newbies section, telling us how you found this forum, a little bit about yourself, how long you've been reading it and/or the SOTT page, whether or not you've read any of Laura's books yet, etc. Thank you so much.

:)

According to family lore, my great grandmother washed the floors with kerosene if there was sickness in the house and my grandmother may or may not have taken it as a remedy for the Spanish flu. She survived it.

Today I learned that the gelatin capsule was invented for the very purpose of taking turpentine without having to taste it. I had the exact same idea, 230 years later (go figure!)... The pharmacist at the time was giving it to patients with gout.

It can also be used to cure phosphorous poisoning within 24 hours after the poisoning.

I found this nice article with 100 references:

http://www.researchgate.net/publication/41669083_The_essential_oil_of_turpentine_and_its_major_volatile_fraction_%28alpha-_and_beta-pinenes%29_a_review/file/79e4150bff4546ef29.pdf

While reading about dry aging of meat this stood out and reminded me of this thread:

Warning; my antivirus flagged this page as "suspicious", with a higher chance of containing viruses or malicious links, so following it may be a risk.
_http://blog.golbsalt.com/2012/09/07/umai-dry-bag-is-it-really-dry-aging/
Dry aged beef.

It’s the result of a process. That process is defined as follows:

“Carcasses, primals and / or subprimals are stored – without protective packaging – at refrigeration temperatures for one to five weeks to allow the natural enzymatic and biochemical processes that result in improved tenderness.” – www.beefresearch.org

What does this mean?

1) ANY aging process which employs a protective package does not fit the definition of ‘dry aging’. Cheese cloth is not considered protective packaging – use it if you must. (though we don’t recommend it)

2) Any process that does not allow for ‘natural enzymatic and biochemical processes’ also does not qualify. The primary aspect of dry aging is not simply the evaporation of moisture from the surface of the beef as the creators of the UMAi product would have you believe. The primary aspect is the allowance of circulated air, technically oxygen, which assists with the aerobic biochemical process.

3) Autoxidation of oleate (the fatty acid found in beef muscle) is one of the primary biochemical processes that occurs during aging. This breakdown of oleate is responsible for the resulting volatile compounds found in beef whether dry or wet aged. The primary compound is heptane. Of particular note is the fact that significantly more heptane is found in dry aged beef than wet aged. The reason? Oxygen.

irjO said:
Turpentine distilled from different varieties of California pines is almost pure heptane, as in light petrol. Other varieties of pine produce mainly chemicals called terpenes, as present in fragrant oils.

Now, of course there may not be much heptane at all in that beef, but it's an interesting connection. Heptane has a boiling point of 98*F (~37*C), so clearly that's not one of the substances one would want to take, anyway. I didn't realize that until after typing up this message (and then some). Whoops.

On an aside, I got curious about benzene and benzoate food preservatives and happened across this little odd tidbit:
_https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benzoic_acid
Benzoic acid was discovered in the sixteenth century. The dry distillation of gum benzoin was first described by Nostradamus (1556), and then by Alexius Pedemontanus (1560) and Blaise de Vigenère (1596).[9]

Laura said:
irjO said:
Laura said:
Thank you for that, irJo. Yes, after reading it, I'm sure that my grandmother said it was kerosene. She said she took it in a teaspoon of sugar. Years after, she had X-rays and the doctors saw the scarring from the TB on her lungs, but there was no longer any active disease process. All she took was that kerosene in sugar twice a day though I forget how often and how long.

Must be why DMSO is so good and useful: it comes from trees.

Oh yes! But after all i'm still a little surprise about this because i always thought that you could even die if you ever take a little or tiny amount of kerosene because of it "toxicity" but is not the case..i thought wrong i see..
So "learning is fun" once again :)

My grandmother used to put kerosene on any small cuts, abrasions, and bug bites I would get. It did seem to work very well in reducing any pain or itching and things healed up well and fast!

My wifes Aunt was diagnosed with final stadium of Cancer.They don't know where it started because now the whole body is affected and she is in a terrible condition I have heard about kerosene as a excellent cancer therapy. Her family heard too and i was wandering if there is some truth. I read here and i have heard some testimonials from people who wave cured themselves from worst cancers with kerosene. I will suggest to her family about this and i will let the decide . In her condition, she don't have anything to lose . Its worth trying i think, but its not up to me to decide.I just want to have more information so i can present them to her family and i hole they will make the good decision.
Here is one interesting link about that

_http://www.health-science-spirit.com/kero.htm

I have also read that the best kerosene for that purpose is the kerosene from the place Kruja in Albania. People talk that it is the best and most pure natural kerosene that you can find anywhere in the world.

Somewhere i read that the excellent but less quality kerosene was also fount in Siberia - Russia, and that there existed some kind of center ( in the time of USSR ) that treated the heaviest cancer patients there. The only thing they used was the kerosene and homemade ham and bacon. The patient were feed only with that.

So i`v noticed that the patients were on ketogenic diet. We all know the benefits of a such a diet. Maybe it played a huge role in the patients recovery there and maybe the kerosene was not such a big help , although the kerosene itself maybe helped the body to fight the cancer. The truth is the most of them were cured. If all of them were on chemo i think none of them will survive.

This is one good link. Its on Serbian or Croatian Language but you can translate it

_http://www.ivantic.net/Ostale_knjiige/Zdravlje/iskustva%20sa%20petrolejom.htm

Here is an interesting site I found describing protocols for something very similar to turpentine:

http://www.zalmanov.info/

I don't have the background to verify the claims made there.

From wikibin:

Turpentine Bath. Organic turpentine or oleoresin was known long time ago and it was used basically for rubbing chest, waist or joints for treatment local area, because turpentine itself can not be dissolved in water.
In 50s last century Russian doctor Zalmanov invented the method how to do it. Depending on ingredients he could produce white or yellow solution which could be dissolved in warm water and used for turpentine bath procedure. He described this method and theory of turpentine bath usage in his book "Secrets and wisdom of the human body" (1958) written in French ant translated to Russian and German.
Zalmanov method of treatment with turpentine baths based on Schack August Steenberg Krogh researches, who received the Nobel Prize for Physiology or Medicine in 1920 for his discovery of the motor-regulating mechanism of capillaries.

Konstantin said:
My wifes Aunt was diagnosed with final stadium of Cancer.They don't know where it started because now the whole body is affected and she is in a terrible condition I have heard about kerosene as a excellent cancer therapy. Her family heard too and i was wandering if there is some truth. I read here and i have heard some testimonials from people who wave cured themselves from worst cancers with kerosene. I will suggest to her family about this and i will let the decide . In her condition, she don't have anything to lose . Its worth trying i think, but its not up to me to decide.I just want to have more information so i can present them to her family and i hole they will make the good decision.

Well, she can try some bit but along with the ketogenic diet which is the best specially for somebody with cancer.

Very interesting information...I also remember having been treated as a child with kerosene.
Thank you for everybody's contribution
Joy

Here is a very interesting page on turpentine:

http://www.kramerize.com/turpentine.lasso said:
"Turpentine is one of the best means of chasing away fleas, whether from place or animal and a bed of very fine shavings of some wood which abounds in turpentine is one of the easiest and most effective means of banishing them from dogs. Wilson states that the oil of turpentine is almost a specific for spasm in the bowels of the horse.

"Turpentine and rosins are both abundantly within our limits. An excellent English mixture to render leather water-proof is made of turpentine. In the present scarcity of leather and exposure of our soldiers I think its introduction not inappropriate. It is used by the punt shooters in the fenny parts of England. Melt together in an earthen pipkin half a pound of tallow, four ounces of hog’s lard, two ounces of turpentine, and as much beeswax. Make the booth thoroughly dry and warm and rub in the mixture well with a little tow as hot as the hand can bear, or else hold the leather over a very gentle fire till it has thoroughly imbibed the mixture. Another mixture for the same purpose is made thus: Burgundy pitch and turpentine, each two ounces; tallow, four ounces, or half a pound of beeswax, a quarter of a pound of rosin, and a quarter of a pound of beef suet. The leather must be dry and the mixture warm.

"To make cloth waterproof with turpentine for the use of Negroes in picking cotton when the weed is wet from rains or dews, and also for tents, the following method is adopted: To every gallon of spirits of turpentine put two and a half pounds of beeswax, boil well in a pot, remove the fire, and while it is hot put in the goods. Move it about until well saturated, then hang it up to dry. It will require one gallon of turpentine to every eight yards of goods. It is more pliant than India Rubber."

TURPENTINE – OTHER USES
Shoe polish containing gum turpentine was preferred by bootblacks because of its aroma. The use of emulsified dressing began to replace the paste type polish. Furniture polish included a mixture of turpentine and sweet oil. Stove polish used a mixture of turpentine and rosin. Auto wax, copper polishes, and liquid floor wax also used turpentine.

Turpentine was used as a cement ingredient for metal, leather, and rubber cements. It was used as a laboratory cement for gas tight joints, cleaning solvent to remove paint and other compounds from tools or skin, lubricant in grinding and drilling glass, and stain remover.

Turpentine was used in drawing crayons, printing inks, laundry indelible marking ink, mixtures to waterproof and preserve leather, and waterproof cloth, tents, and covers for wagons. It was used for washing clothes or removing grease from clothes, and rinse to whiten clothes. It was used as a mild fumigate, an insecticide to rid ants and bugs from closets and storerooms, to moth proof closets, drawers, and clothing, on animals, fowls, and fruit trees, to get rid of unwanted pests, to chase away fleas, and to repel insects from trees using bands of turpentine.

Turpentine was used as a solvent in the rubber industry. The demand for turpentine as a solvent increased when the demand for rubber increased, as new applications of rubber were discovered. Other applications as solvents included waterproofing and resins in lacquers and varnishes.

TURPENTINE HOME USES
A typical home used turpentine. It was used to fight infection, to relieve soreness, and to aid heating of boils, cuts and bruises. If one suffered insect bites or athlete’s foot, one applied liberal amounts on affected parts. Other home medical uses included treatment of burns, blisters, rheumatism, snakebite, croup, worms, coughing, and sore throats.** Mary Frier of Nicholls, Georgia, filled small jars with cotton balls soaked in turpentine. Open jars were placed in several rooms throughout the house to counter a cold or infection. Joanna Calhoun Peterson of Montgomery County Georgia, used the following recipe for liniment, .33 turpentine, .33 kerosene oil and .33 Neatt’s-foot oil. Neatt’s-foot oil was made by boiling the bones of cattle. Harriet Britt’s liniment consisted of one-cup apple vinegar, one-cup turpentine, one-cup kerosene, one-cup whiskey, and five cents of camphor dissolved in the solution.

To keep moths and other insects away, turpentine was sprayed or brushed on clothing at 30-day intervals and a few drops placed in chiffonier or bureau drawers. Bugs, roaches, ants, or other insects fled a home where gum turpentine was freely used. In laundry, a few drops of gum turpentine added to water in washing clothes made them sweeter and whiter. It was easy to keep a clean home with pure gum turpentine. It cleaned furniture, woodwork, floors, windows, bath tops, porcelain fixtures, linoleum, silver, and other metals. It was used as furniture polish. One part turpentine and two parts linseed oil were mixed for an unexcelled and economical furniture polish.

*”Surgeon Francis Peyre Porcher listed uses of turpentine and rosin products in 1863, including medical uses. He considered the longleaf pine one of God’s great gifts to man.” pp 176

**Excessive internal use of turpentine could be deadly

It seems I was on to something trying turpentine as a treatment for scabies. However I think mixing it with tallow would have been more effective. It seems the trouble with turpentine is to keep it from evaporating too fast, thus the use of wood chips when treating fleas, cotton balls and so on.

A few more links on turpentine:

http://www.hchsonline.org/places/turpentine.html
http://ww2.valdosta.edu/turpentine/index.htm

monotonic said:
Here is a very interesting page on turpentine:

http://www.kramerize.com/turpentine.lasso said:
[...]
*”Surgeon Francis Peyre Porcher listed uses of turpentine and rosin products in 1863, including medical uses. He considered the longleaf pine one of God’s great gifts to man.” pp 176

**Excessive internal use of turpentine could be deadly

It seems I was on to something trying turpentine as a treatment for scabies. However I think mixing it with tallow would have been more effective. It seems the trouble with turpentine is to keep it from evaporating too fast, thus the use of wood chips when treating fleas, cotton balls and so on.

A few more links on turpentine:

http://www.hchsonline.org/places/turpentine.html
http://ww2.valdosta.edu/turpentine/index.htm

Very interesting qualities in this substance. Thank you, monotonic (and others too) for the links and quotes on Turpentine's many uses.

I made a sort of salve using a 2:1 mix of tallow to turpentine with a drop of coconut oil. I melted the tallow, mixed the turpentine and coconut oil into a tall shot glass, and set it in front of the air conditioner vent. It's best if it cools quickly, or else the turpentine and fats may separate. I don't know if the coconut oil is necessary, but it helps mix the other ingredients. You could probably add stuff like clove to give it a scent.

After the mixture is cool, it is a sort of paste and you can turn the glass upside down and store it that way without a lid. Careful though because what you put under it will be exposed to turpentine fumes.

This mixture can be used as a wood polish, lip balm (if you don't mind the taste), or skin lotion. And, it is highly effective against the scabies-like mites I have been fighting. If I get a bump, I apply the paste in a 2 inch circle over the bump, or if it's a patch, 2 inches out from the edges. This seems to kill them within 2 applications.

I have been orally taking turpentine to combat Candida for the last month. I started slow, 1/4 teaspoon, and worked up to 1 teaspoon. Once I worked up to one teaspoon I had planned on doing the 5 days on and 2 days off routine as recommended by Bill Thompson in his book titled "Candida, Killing so Sweetly". The die off effects were too much so I throttled back to one day on one day off, which is also another of his recommendations when starting out.

This thread made me look into it more seriously, My initial Impression of taking turpentine was craziness but it really does seem to be helping. I do feel the effects of the die off reaction, and I can smell turpentine on my breath sometimes, especially when I burp. I mix turps and castor oil 50/50 which is one of Bill's recommendations in his book. I have not died, and my candida is improving at a faster pace. In Bill's book he recommends certain protocols to protect your kidneys and liver and help them pull all the toxins out of your body when the Candida dies. You can really feel how toxic Candida is when it dies off, It does mean your getting rid of it though.

It have just recently comprehended how persistent Candida is. I finally figured out that I had Candida in January and have been making progress since then. Only when looking into it further have I realized how bad I had/have it. It has really kicked me in the arse. I believe I made a drastic error in not taking enough probiotics when starting the low carb diet. I have been on low carb for 2.5 years. I now feel with what I have learned about Candida, I may have had it to a lesser degree for most of my life.

I plan on continuing with the turps for another 6 weeks, and may look into borax after a break in between. Bill Thompson in his book says he personally prefers borax, but suggests switching between 3 different protocols until killing it off, then doing a maintenance routine. If I do the borax method I will post my impressions and results in the borax thread.

furryfrog said:
I have been orally taking turpentine to combat Candida for the last month. I started slow, 1/4 teaspoon, and worked up to 1 teaspoon. Once I worked up to one teaspoon I had planned on doing the 5 days on and 2 days off routine as recommended by Bill Thompson in his book titled "Candida, Killing so Sweetly". The die off effects were too much so I throttled back to one day on one day off, which is also another of his recommendations when starting out.

What were the die-off effects?

Back
Top Bottom