'Missing 411', by David Paulides: Tracking unusual missing persons cases

I wish there would be kindle editions of his books. I tried to find the 'request kindle edition' button on Amazon, but couldn't find it when it concerned books by Paulides.

Approaching Infinity said:
Don't think it's been mentioned yet, but Paulides has a 4th book out: The Devil's In the Details.

Thanks for that update - I just ordered it from his website. The price on Amazon is upwards of $90. :shock:

I received Missing 411 - The Devil’s in the Details in the mail yesterday evening and just finished reading it. It's over 400 pages presenting 174 cases spanning from 1768 to 2013 (while the previous books deal with land, this book also include disappearances occurred near or in water). As usual, Paulides does not give any speculation nor attempt to fixate on any particular theory and this book acts as a record of the facts and aim to find patterns to these strange events. He encourages the reader to read his previous books before starting this one as he often references cases from the other books and for basic understanding of the issues (I've already read all three books). The "Devil" refers to numerous places with that word in them, and those locations are known for strangeness in the past and near the disappearances.

Overall, after reading this book, I was furious with those "authorities" involved with the cases and the actions of the National Park Services. The more I read, the more I get an impression that they do have an agenda for covering up (they just have a habit of wiping their "missing person slate clean by changing case statuses to 'missing and presumed dead'"). One retired special agent answered with "lack of integrity" for why NPS doesn't track and document missing people.

The author added new cases in areas that he discussed in his previous books (references similar cases), and this book covers not just the United States, but other countries as well. You would read case after case with sobering detail for each, but the meticulous job the author did in finding patterns among these cases is shocking. In the end of this book ("Conclusions"), he includes breakdowns and comparative data between all the cases from four of his books.

All cases in this book are mind-boggling and scary, which most of them are similar to previous cases (factors like berries, weather, etc.) while others are unique (being taken from one's home, etc.).

One case in England is when one 70-year-old man was crippled and cannot walk due to stroke - he was carried out to the front porch under a clear day and his legs were covered with blanket. The assistant left for the day and the sister went back into the house to fix the bed. After fifteen minutes, she came back to find only a blanket on the chair and then there was a sudden severe storm. He was never found and the locals believed that he was "taken by the devil."

There are cases where children and one elderly were taken from inside their homes (one house had an alarm on - it didn't go off, the child simply vanished) and six children from inside the vehicles. One father was so tormented and couldn't understand how his son was able to open the car door, thinking if he did (he killed himself over guilt). These cases smell ridiculously like physical alien abductions.

The author references The Good People: New Folklore Essays in the Introduction where he quotes certain sections on "berry-picking" and people being taken by "fairies" in the past. Again, the "fairies" reminds me of the alien abduction phenomena.

39 cases where those hikers/people who were "last in line" among the groups in any mountain were taken.

One case where 10-year-old Bobby Bizup, nearly deaf and wore a hearing aid, disappeared near a body of water and his remains were found almost a year later at 2,500 feet above where he was last seen. He was classified under "Disabled" category where the disabled were often disappeared.

35 cases where the missing people were scholars/intellectuals. The author points out that the year 2013 had more scholars/intellects disappear than any other year. This is new.

I'm a hiker myself, tend to be last in line, intellectual, and hearing-impaired. :/

There's one interesting case in regards to distance: 7-year-old Jack Hodges who disappeared in Seligman, AZ and was found 50 miles away in two days. That's impossible for anyone to walk that far in the desert and wasn't dehydrated.

There are two interesting discussions that are also curious:

Aircraft associated with missing cases - in five cases where aircraft/helicopter were used for the search effort has crashed (one crashed in the swamp, in parks, etc.) where occupants were killed. From these, I'm wondering if immediate EMF anomalies were involved and associated with these disappearances. Something like an "aftereffect"?

Secondly, the author talked a bit about the Bermuda Triangle that one of his readers discussed with him:

page 366 said:
What is fascinating is that four people documented in our books vanished on the same day as four of the aircraft. Here is the list:

July 8, 1968
Karen Cooney, missing from Corry, Pennsylvania
Source: Missing 411 - Eastern United States, pages 205-206
Cessa 180, missing between Grand Bahama and West Palm Beach
N944MH
Two people on board

April 30, 1978
Chris Vigil, disappears from the mountains in northern Colorado
Source: Missing 411-The Devil's in the Details
Cessa 172, missing in Dillion, South Carolina
NIGH

September 6, 2002
Theresa Schmidt, missing from the mountains outside of Deckers, Colorado
Source: Missing 411 - Western United States, pages 229-231
Piper Pawnee-1977, missing southeast of Nassau, the Bahamas
N59684
Pilot only on board

November 5, 1982
Richard Peterson, missing from Delmont, New Jersey
Source: Missing 411 - Eastern United States, pages 281-282
Beechcraft 65-B80, flying from Fort Lauderdale to Eleuthera Island, Bahamas.
NIHQ
Three persons on board.

It seems like an extraordinary coincidence that a person disappears in North America on the same date as an airplane in the Bermuda Triangle.

Above made me think about some sort of electromagnetic anomalies between the two?

The author complied the time of the disappearances: 4:00pm is the highest number of missing cases with 2:00pm and 5:00pm tied for 2nd. So, it's the range between 2 and 5 in the afternoon that the disappearances occurred.

He also points out the month of July is the most active of disappearances with December being the lowest.

From the list of cases in this book, the author concludes that the year with the most disappearances was 2013, having occurred most in USA.

There are a lot more discussions in this book and I highly recommend it, along with his previous books.

These four books aren't telling us something that just happened in the past; these disappearances are still happening.

Zadius Sky said:
I received Missing 411 - The Devil’s in the Details in the mail yesterday evening and just finished reading it. It's over 400 pages presenting 174 cases spanning from 1768 to 2013 (while the previous books deal with land, this book also include disappearances occurred near or in water). As usual, Paulides does not give any speculation nor attempt to fixate on any particular theory and this book acts as a record of the facts and aim to find patterns to these strange events. He encourages the reader to read his previous books before starting this one as he often references cases from the other books and for basic understanding of the issues (I've already read all three books). The "Devil" refers to numerous places with that word in them, and those locations are known for strangeness in the past and near the disappearances.
[...]

Thanks for the overview, Zadius Sky. The association with ties to airplanes missing is interesting of course, as was:

35 cases where the missing people were scholars/intellectuals. The author points out that the year 2013 had more scholars/intellects disappear than any other year. This is new. {and then} From the list of cases in this book, the author concludes that the year with the most disappearances was 2013, having occurred most in USA.

While reading was reminded of Keel's story concerning (don't recall exactly) the boy in the farmhouse at Christmas who goes out for water and vanishes - think his foot prints in the snow abruptly ended.

Hopefully a Kindle version will be available.

I have to ask.. Is there any mention of Alligators, large Snakes, Bears, Mountain Lions or Eagles in relation to these disappearances?
In Australia we lose people too, once we even lost a Prime Minister. (Harold Holt)
Mind you, he was probably eaten by a Great White Shark!

Thanks Zadius Sky for the overview of his new book, much appreciated. Will definitely look to get this book as well, hopefully the prices gets lower !

I remember reading the first 2 Missing 411's and it was really creepy & shocking the details of the cases ! What was even more shocking was the lack of missing persons data being kept by the US national parks service. My view : definitely a deliberate cover up of nasty STS activity going on. I hike quite regularly, and I have never been the same again after reading the books :shock:. Now whenever i hike, i never hike alone - and im always observing my surroundings extra carefully.

Very interesting that he has the range between 2-5pm as the highest frequency of disappearances. I recall reading a John Keel book, where i think the highest periods of UFO/Ultraterrestrial activity were normally between 2-3am (cant remember which book now...). Seems like a 12-hour "gap" here between peak period of disappearances and ultraterrestrial activity.

Very much respect Paulides for painstakingly compiling all the info, and putting it out there in the public without making any judgements. This way even the skeptics on the fence can't deny the facts behind the strange disappearances.

MusicMan said:
I have to ask.. Is there any mention of Alligators, large Snakes, Bears, Mountain Lions or Eagles in relation to these disappearances?

None that I can see. Paulides sorted through all the cases, based on the criteria of the strangeness involved. Professionals who were involved with the search and rescue attempts were aware of the above and ruled them out. If there were cases that involved the above, they were not discussed in the books because they're not involved with the author's criteria, so to speak. Bears and mountain lions were most common in the US, to my knowledge, and usually there would be human remains, traces/tracks, and indications that the professionals were very well aware of.

Mr.Cyan said:
I hike quite regularly, and I have never been the same again after reading the books :shock:. Now whenever i hike, i never hike alone - and im always observing my surroundings extra carefully.

Yeah, I hike, too. But, if you're last in line, you're more likely to disappear. When hiking in group, it would be best to keep an eye on each other and be aware of anything.

MusicMan said:

The thing about the disappearances is that there are no prints, no marks that would have been left by animals, the areas do not seem to be disturbed like you'd expect in the case of an animal attack. I'd suggest reading the book to get an idea of the huge number of cases and corresponding details in the disappearances. It's quite eerie! There are cases where people are walking together down a trail, one person gets just out of view, and they are gone. No noise, no screaming, nothing. They simply disappear. John Keel even talks about this too, he has noted the number of times that people essentially disappear without a trace. It's normal to want to explain it away in normal terms, animal attacks or people choosing to go missing, but in the Paulides books it's clear this is just not the case, that there is just something more bizarre, paranormal at work.

Thanks as well for the overview of this book, Zadius Sky. Plan to start with the Western US edition.

I was reading this thread and I was reminded of the eerie Peter Weir movie, Picnic at Hanging Rock, based on a book of same name by author Joan Lindsay. The book is about students and a teacher from an Australian girls school in 1900 who go missing after climbing a rock formation. I thought the movie was based on true events when I was younger-it states at the beginning of the movie it is. Didn't know till some years ago that it was based on a book and that the events were apparently fictional. The author at the beginning of the book appears to leave it open for the reader to decide (haven't read the book but plan to).

Apparently there's a last chapter that wasn't published (I believe by the editors suggestion) until years later, after the author passed away. The chapter has a supernatural/paranormal bent to it.

Here's a link to the book which also includes info on the last chapter and the film adaptation:
_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Picnic_at_Hanging_Rock_(novel)

I looked up more info on Hanging Rock in Australia and found on wikipedia, an area of the site is considered a gravity or magnetic hill. I've been to the one listed in Oregon years ago, The Oregon Vortex. Strange stuff.

_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_gravity_hills.

[quote author=wikipedia]
A gravity or magnetic hill is a place where a slight downhill slope appears to be an uphill slope due to the layout of the surrounding land, creating the optical illusion that water flows uphill or a car left out of gear will roll uphill, among others. Many of these sites have no specific name and are often called just "Gravity Hill", "Magnetic Hill", "Magic Road" or something similar.
[/quote]

Great talk by Paulides on Sott.

David Paulides in fascinating lecture: Bigfoot DNA research and missing people
http://www.sott.net/article/293247-David-Paulides-in-fascinating-lecture-Bigfoot-DNA-research-and-missing-people

Around 39:15, a questioner asked whether the cause of the disappearances in his 411 books was bigfoot. Paulides explained that he would not publicly state what he thought was the cause of the disappearances in his 411 books (in contrast to other parts of the presentation, he took firm positions, eg bigfoot is not an ape). He said victims' families have been lied to and ridiculed by, among others, the government and NPS. It goes back to what he said at the beginning of the talk: the more he learned about bigfoot, the less he understood it. So it is a smart move on his part not to attribute the cause of the disappearances, when he has a difficult time understanding what the phenomenon is. He even uses the phrase "high strangeness" around 1:18:15

Around 1:09:30, he prefaced by saying there is search grid that searchers use. Around 1:11:00, he asks what were searchers doing 12 miles away 19 hours after a disappearance, where the missing boy was actually found; no searcher would do that. I think he leaves unsaid and implies, that there was a conspiracy by the searcher who found the boy and the phenomenon that disappeared the boy.

He was giving the talk at MUFON. My guess is that he thinks UFOs, bigfoot, missing people, national parks, and government lies and coverups are all facets of one phenomenon. Around 1:59:00, he says if the government can't control something, they don't talk about it.

Around 1:43:45, when asked are these abduction cases, he replied, "In many of these cases, you would be foolish not to look at that angle."

hlat said:
Great talk by Paulides on Sott.

David Paulides in fascinating lecture: Bigfoot DNA research and missing people
http://www.sott.net/article/293247-David-Paulides-in-fascinating-lecture-Bigfoot-DNA-research-and-missing-people

Around 39:15, a questioner asked whether the cause of the disappearances in his 411 books was bigfoot. Paulides explained that he would not publicly state what he thought was the cause of the disappearances in his 411 books (in contrast to other parts of the presentation, he took firm positions, eg bigfoot is not an ape). He said victims' families have been lied to and ridiculed by, among others, the government and NPS. It goes back to what he said at the beginning of the talk: the more he learned about bigfoot, the less he understood it. So it is a smart move on his part not to attribute the cause of the disappearances, when he has a difficult time understanding what the phenomenon is. He even uses the phrase "high strangeness" around 1:18:15

Around 1:09:30, he prefaced by saying there is search grid that searchers use. Around 1:11:00, he asks what were searchers doing 12 miles away 19 hours after a disappearance, where the missing boy was actually found; no searcher would do that. I think he leaves unsaid and implies, that there was a conspiracy by the searcher who found the boy and the phenomenon that disappeared the boy.

He was giving the talk at MUFON. My guess is that he thinks UFOs, bigfoot, missing people, national parks, and government lies and coverups are all facets of one phenomenon. Around 1:59:00, he says if the government can't control something, they don't talk about it.

Around 1:43:45, when asked are these abduction cases, he replied, "In many of these cases, you would be foolish not to look at that angle."

Agreed. This was a GREAT talk. Very frustrating to hear about all the obstruction and lies.

searchresultsmissing.jpg

"Missing 411 Cluster Map" Image Credit: David Paulides

mapuscaves.jpg

"Map of U.S. Caves" Image Credit: USGS

Haunting correlations with this case and the underground cities & bases explained by the C's in many different sessions.

I like this man, this sort of obsession or passion for something, like John Keel, thanks to them we learn something, something really, really amazing. I did not read his books but listened one long interview with him some months ago with Coast to Coast and it was really interesting, very strange, maybe these people simply are in another dimension? Like the airplane that disappeared from Malaysia, one second they are here, the next second they are not anymore here.

You should ask him for an interview at Sott Radio!

I also read the book by Joan Lindsay, Picnic at Hanging Rock, and at the end of the book there was, if I remember correctly, a reflexion about how a site can move, have another space inside, and how these young girls were like ants in this particular terrain at that particular moment. We are in fact very small in this planet, like little insects. And we know very little.

That interview posted on sott blew my mind! What a researcher and the inquiry is done in such a professional and scientific way that it seems impossible to dismiss not only the possibility of Bigfoot as a real phenomena, but also that there may be a link between the missin persons and their activities.

This world is certainly still full of mystery!

Back
Top Bottom