'Missing 411', by David Paulides: Tracking unusual missing persons cases

voyageur said:
c.a. said:
Current Installments

Missing 411 David Paulides | Conspiracy Culture 2016
Published on May 24, 2016

https://youtu.be/uhz1FMtMJJs

A little behind actually commenting on these, however, this one above was a very interesting discussion that crosses the 49th parallel with many cases - and some, if not all, are bizarre indeed. The GBH in the blood was mentioned (having been passed along to Paulides by sources), yet more could be researched on this, including how he says it is produced in the body naturally in small quantities - think that is what he said.

The question and answer period had a few good questions and responses, and the first one, centered around - well "what do you think is happening", David's response to this is pretty good, basically saying that he can only look at the facts and could not possibly offer a theory as he only can see what is on the surface. One can't blame him for his stance.

Again, thanks for posting.

I thought it was smart that he's sticking to the facts and not giving a theory about what is happening of these people. I thought he made a mistake in speculating that the GHB was being introduced into the victims through an aerosol, when he had done such a good job sticking to facts. It was interesting that one question was whether there were threats against him to stop his research, and he answered no.

High Strangeness in Santa Barbara County
Monday, June 27, 2016
http://www.phantomsandmonsters.com/2016/06/high-strangeness-in-santa-barbara-county.html

Frank in Newport Beach, California called Coast to Coast AM to tell of some strange disappearances that happened when he was attending college in Santa Barbara County, California:

“I have two stories of people I know personally who had kind of a similar disappearance experience on a college campus. They both happened in my freshman year of college. The first time it was a buddy of mine from the dorms. We had all been out partying and stuff. You know, we had been drinking but all of us were coherent. We weren't like blacked out drunk or anything. And, anyway, we're going back to the dorms at the end of the night and one of my buddies had his bicycle with him. The rest of us are walking and he's kind of, you know, riding circles around us on his bike. Finally he takes off once we get to campus. He takes off heading south towards the dorms. So we figured, okay, we're gonna get back to the dorms, he's gonna be there waiting for us.

We get back to the dorms and he's not there. So we wait around. We figure maybe he got food or something. And so he doesn't turn up for like an hour so we start calling him and texting him and stuff and no response. Finally he answers the phone after about two hours and he... all we hear is like super heavy breathing and we're trying to talk to him, like, 'Hey man, where are you, what's going on?' and it's just super heavy breathing and finally we start hearing him and it's kind of like mumbling. We can't really make out what he's saying and then he hangs up the phone. So we went back out and started looking for him around campus and stuff. Nothing. We couldn’t' find him.

So, the next day, he shows up around 1:00 pm. He comes back to the dorm and he looks like crap. He's wearing the same clothes as the night before. He looks terrible and we were like, 'Dude, what happened?' He goes, 'I don't know? I woke up in a field like six miles north of campus.' The last time we saw him, he was biking south. He winds up six miles north. And he's like, 'Yeah, I woke up in a field. My bike is gone. I have no idea what happened and I just had to walk home.' So to this day we have no idea what happened to him. We were all experienced with alcohol and stuff. We knew how to handle our drinks. None of us were blacked out. We were all coherent. Otherwise I would have just figured he was super drunk and had no idea but we saw him heading south onto campus. I mean he rode onto campus which is well lit. There are police officers patrolling, you know, and he winds up far north. So, super weird. Anyways, it gets weirder.

About maybe two months later, my roommate doesn't come home after one night of partying which was normal for him. He had friends out, that lived off campus who he would occasionally crash with at night. And so he doesn't come home and I think, okay, he's just staying with friends. Next day he still doesn't come back. Next morning, I figure okay maybe they got breakfast together, they're hanging out or whatever. By the afternoon I'm starting to get weirded out here. Sure enough a couple of his friends he would have been staying with come knock on my door and they say, 'Hey man, have you seen so and so?' and I said, no, I haven't seen him, I thought he was with you guys. Sure enough, they're like, 'Dude, he left the party last night and none of us have seen him. He's not answering his phone. We don't know where he is.' Last we heard from him, he posted a video of this... it's Snapchat where you post short videos of yourself. They're like, 'He posted a couple of videos of him riding his bike down a big street just like breathing super heavy. And we're like, what the hell?

So finally it turns out, we called the County Sheriff thinking... we called the hospital. We called the Sheriff trying to figure out if they picked him up. Turns out they picked him up about a half mile away from the field where my other buddy spent the night. They picked him up a half mile further down the same road driving a golf cart. He lost his bike and somehow wound up on a golf cart. Totally healthy. This was Santa Barbara County, California.”
Source: Coast To Coast AM - March 23, 2016

NOTE: Very bizarre events...especially that both students were on bikes and found in the same location, which was in the opposite direction of their perceived travel. Possible abduction? Lon
recommended readings from his website
High Strangeness: Hyperdimensions & The Process Of Alien Abduction
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1897244347/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=1897244347&linkCode=as2&tag=phantomsandmonsters-20&linkId=6e2c01532f549dfd939b7c0971bd1d3e

c.a. said:
Frank in Newport Beach, California called Coast to Coast AM to tell of some strange disappearances that happened when he was attending college in Santa Barbara County, California:

These two instances don't seem to fit Paulides' profiles of missing people. They weren't found in water, mountain, or boulder fields. There's no physical impossibility of a person traveling a distance to where the body is found. They both used their phones, so researching the cell phone tower pings would probably recreate their location and time.

hlat said:
These two instances don't seem to fit Paulides' profiles of missing people. They weren't found in water, mountain, or boulder fields. There's no physical impossibility of a person traveling a distance to where the body is found. They both used their phones, so researching the cell phone tower pings would probably recreate their location and time.

Yes no mention of the particular's that would fit the profile with his investigations. Also there are very few details given with above summation of this possible event.

Just not enough details with the incident that would warrant a possible hit. So agreed.

But the area does have lots of body's of water near by. With many golf course's that generally offer fairway water traps.

But, these 2 events are queer. It is just not clear if it is related or have in common a 411 missing.

Something happened at near or around the general varsity of New Port Beach. What? Not sure though it is hard to say.
https://www.google.fr/maps/@33.6208823,-117.9055858,13z

780px-NewportBeachBackBayCA_photo_D_Ramey_Logan.JPG

Concordia University Irvine
Irvine, California 6 miles from Newport Beach center
https://www.google.fr/maps/@33.6546144,-117.8125977,17z

University of California Irvine
Irvine, California 8 miles from Newport
https://www.google.fr/maps/@33.6404996,-117.8464849,15z

This is a report of a 2 yo missing while on a family camping trip in the Salmon Challis National Forest in Idaho last July. Apparently, the little boy was left with his Grandfather while the Parent's went for a walk. When they returned back to the campsite, their Son was missing. A detective, that the family hired, is suggesting the Parent's are involved in their Son's disappearance, so they fired him. There is basically, no information on the Grandfather, that was present during the child's disappearance? Yet, a year later, no trace of the 2 yo have been found and the Parent's have split up?

The mystery of 2-year-old DeOrr Kunz disappearance has baffled authorities for more than a year.

The boy disappeared while on a family camping trip in the Salmon Challis National Forest in Idaho last July. The forest is a popular vacation spot that spans 4.3 million acres.

Mystery Deepens Over 2-Year-Old Boy Who Vanished in the Woods
https://www.yahoo.com/news/mystery-deepens-over-2-old-211800516.html?nhp=1

The story is featured on the cover of the upcoming issue of People magazine, on newsstands Friday. The parents have stated that they left the child with another family member when they went exploring and that when they returned to the their campsite the child had disappeared.

As the days turned into months with no trace of the child, his parents said they believed that the child may have been he was abducted.

In January came the bombshell that DeOrr's parents were named as suspects in the little boy’s disappearance.

Philip Klein is a private investigator hired by DeOrr's family when the toddler first went missing.

He says they fired him when he started to suspect them. He says Jessica Mitchell reminds him of Casey Anthony, who was acquitted of killing her child in 2011.

“We found that over time their statements were less than truthful,” he told Inside Edition. “This thing mirrors the Casey Anthony case. Jessica has a long history of erratic behavior. The child was getting in her way, she was not interested in raising a child.”

“We found that over time their statements were less than truthful,” he told Inside Edition. “This thing mirrors the Casey Anthony case. Jessica has a long history of erratic behavior. The child was getting in her way, she was not interested in raising a child.”

The boy's parents, Jessica Mitchell and Vernal Kunz, say they went for a walk, leaving the toddler in the care of his grandfather, but when they returned to camp, the boy was gone.

Lemhi County Idaho Sheriff Lynn Bowerman told EastIdahoNews.com: “We searched every place a child could fall into or hide in or fit in and we found nothing. Absolutely nothing.”

Some wondered whether a wolf or a bear snatched the little boy.

“We don't believe it's an abduction – either human or animal," Lemhi County Sheriff Lynn Bowerman told People.

Last week, Jessica shocked everyone with the Facebook announcement that she had split from DeOrr's dad and married a man she met six weeks ago.

“Her behavior pattern is anything but a grieving mother,” Klein said. “He is anything but a grieving father. They are moving on with their lives.”

The parents of the boy have not been charged. They say they have cooperated with police and are completely innocent.

Allen Browning represents the missing boy’s parents. He told Inside Edition the parents do not know how their son disappeared but it could even possible that a wild animal may have snatched little child.

"About two months ago I got a call from someone in the area that had been in the same campsite the week before and said there was a huge bald eagle menacing his dogs," he told Inside Edition. "There is more of a chance of that happening than the mother and father abducting him."

kalibex said:
Missing 411 The Movie update: The directors now have a 'picture lock' of the film; post-production can now start. :)

Current information of Davids Movie Production (37 Minutes)

David Paulides - The Movie Mid Week Podcast
Published on Jun 29, 2016

https://youtu.be/9OtsGWVP6u0
David Paulides is a writer, researcher, and investigative journalist notable primarily for his authorship on missing people: the subject of mysterious disappearances in national parks, and also in urban areas as in his more recent books. Paulides has drawn significant national attention and has been featured on numerous radio shows as well as television interviews and prime time newscasts.

David Paulides - Missing 411 David Paulides Mysterious Disappearances (George Ralph Noory Coast to Coast am)
David Paulides YouTube
Published on Jun 29, 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OtsGWVP6u0
David Paulides is a writer, researcher, and investigative journalist notable primarily for his authorship on missing people: the subject of mysterious disappearances in national parks, and also in urban areas as in his more recent books. Paulides has drawn significant national attention and has been featured on numerous radio shows as well as television interviews and prime time newscasts.[1]
Playlist all videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U67uJ...

Missing 411
photo.jpg
David Paulides
Published on Jul 1, 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xfaQzmE4eE

George Ralph Noory
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Noory

_http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/910/113/575/

This is a petition for the US government to start keeping a public list of missing people in national parks. The link is on Paulides' site. _http://www.canammissing.com/current_events.html

The film you linked c.a. Was very interesting. Thanks.

hlat:
I thought it was smart that he's sticking to the facts and not giving a theory about what is happening of these people. I thought he made a mistake in speculating that the GHB was being introduced into the victims through an aerosol, when he had done such a good job sticking to facts. It was interesting that one question was whether there were threats against him to stop his research, and he answered no.

I thought this was a good question about being threatened and listened closely for the answer but never heard him say "no". I thought he was avoiding or going off in another direction as he was side tracked from answering. So good for the clarification. Being that he's already so public perhaps threats would not be advantageous, at this point anyway. Or maybe the ones who would keep this secret dont really care if its known.

6/13/15
Taos, NM
Walter Scheib, 61 years parks his Subaru at the Yerba Buena Trailhead off State Route 150 near the Taos Ski Area. His cell phone indicates he probably made the summit of Lobo Peak at 12,115. His family realized he never returned and called authorities. Bad weather immediately inundated the search area and caused delays. He was found 25 yards from the trail submerged in a drainage. He died of drowning.
http://www.taosnews.com/news/article_8df02cf4-19f1-11e5-ab1b-67886be56d21.html

Walter was the White House chef from 1994-2005 for George W. Bush and the Clintons.
••This happened in a northern New Mexico Cluster Zone where we have documented 8 people that have vanished.

Donald Rumsfeld used to have a home just outside of Taos some years ago, dont know if he still does. Maybe Walter was visiting. Taos used to be a real hot spot for UFO activity, but I dont know if it still is.

c.a. said:
Missing 411 David Paulides | Conspiracy Culture 2016
Published on May 24, 2016

https://youtu.be/uhz1FMtMJJs

SummerLite said:
The film you linked c.a. Was very interesting. Thanks.

hlat:

I thought this was a good question about being threatened and listened closely for the answer but never heard him say "no". I thought he was avoiding or going off in another direction as he was side tracked from answering. So good for the clarification.

In the version on the youtube site, at 1:55:28, the questioner asks "I'm curious on whether or not you've ever been threatened to stop doing your work", Paulides shakes his head no, at 1:55:33, and then says no.

Interesting that he's now touching upon the doctors who've started going missing/ending up dead in the outdoors...

Re: Missing 411 by David Paulides--Mt. Whitney - Iceberg Lake

Maybe So Maybe Not. As it is a very dangerous decent due to lose gravel, small boulders, and what not. Lots of slipping hazards, again hiking on a down hill slope.

Comments from submissions may have some clues.

Massive search underway for missing hiker attempting Mountaineer's Route on Mount Whitney
July 22, 2016
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-missing-hiker-search-mount-whitney-20160722-snap-story.html
Amassive search was underway Friday for a Redlands man who disappeared after attempting to scale the popular Mountaineer’s Route on the tallest mountain in the lower 48 states, authorities said.

Bum "John" Lee, 68, has been missing since Tuesday when he was last seen climbing the steep route above Iceberg Lake in Mount Whitney, according to the Inyo County Sheriff’s Office.

On Thursday, the California Air National Guard and a helicopter from the California Highway Patrol in Apple Valley searched the mountainside but couldn’t find Lee.

Search and rescue teams from Southern California and Inyo, Placer and Marin counties on Friday scaled rugged terrain in the Mt. Russell area, Iceberg Lake and Arctic Lakes basin for any signs of Lee.

According to the U.S. Forest Service, the trail is usually snow-free by July but still has many natural hazards, including high altitude, steep terrain and high winds. On a warm day, an experienced hiker could scale the Mountaineer’s Route in a day, according to the climbing website SummitPost.
750x422

Bum "John" Lee, 68, of Redlands was reported missing after attempting to climb the Mountaineer's Route on Mt. Whitney. (Inyo County Sheriff's Office)

Southern Sierra High Route, SoSHR – A Guide
lake-below-Crabtree-Pass.jpg

http://www.adventurealan.com/southern-sierra-high-route-soshr-guide/

California | Mt. Whitney - Iceberg Lake Map
http://www.climbingweather.com/California/Mt.-Whitney-%7C-Iceberg-Lake/map
Climbing Area Description
Iceberg Lake is right below the Whitney summit. Often used for overnight camping for ascents of Whitney and Mt Russell. I am interested to know temperatures at night and during the day so I can gear up appropriately and know whether I can filter water from the lake.

Body of missing hiker is found on Mt. Whitney during massive search effort
July 25, 2016
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-mount-whitney-body-hiker-found-20160725-snap-story.html
The body of a 68-year-old man was found Sunday, five days after he disappeared when he separated from his hiking group during an excursion on Mt. Whitney.

Search and rescue crews from across California had been looking for John Lee for days, but couldn’t find him, according to the Inyo County Sheriff’s Office.

Then, on Sunday evening, a helicopter searching in Sequoia National Park found his body at the base of the mountain’s southwest slope. At 14,494 feet, the summit is the tallest in the contiguous United States. Lee’s body was found at 12,500 feet.

“Our thoughts and prayers are with Mr. Lee's family and friends during this very difficult time,” the Sheriff’s Office said.

Lee and his friends began the climb to Mt. Whitney about 4 a.m. Monday. They stopped overnight and slept near the top of Whitney-Russell Pass because they were concerned about their safety.

The next day, Lee spilt from the hiking party because he realized the route to the mountain was too difficult, according to the National Park Service. Lee, of Mentone, went off to find a safe route for his group to descend, the park service said.

His friends saw his backpack hanging on a granite ledge, so they waited for hours and then began descending.

When they didn’t see him, he was reported missing.

Crews searched the Mt. Russell area, Iceberg Lake and Arctic Lakes basin for Lee.

Re: Missing 411 by David Paulides--Mt. Whitney - Iceberg Lake

c.a. said:
Maybe So Maybe Not. As it is a very dangerous decent due to lose gravel, small boulders, and what not. Lots of slipping hazards, again hiking on a down hill slope.

Comments from submissions may have some clues.

Yeah, maybe or not: From this photo below he is said to have likely fallen from a pretty gnarly place and at at good altitude.

http://www.altitude.org/altitude_sickness.php
Every year, people die of altitude sickness. All of these deaths are preventable. If you are travelling above 2500m (8000ft)

Why he left his pack (a marker) instead of another type of marker or just waited there, I don't know; he may have panicked or had become partially debilitated. It was also stated that 100 people had been up there to search, yet again, that is steep ground.

http://laist.com/2016/07/25/hiker_found_dead_on_mt.php

On Sunday, his body was found via helicopter at the base of Mt. Whitney's southwest slope at about 12,500 feet elevation, according to a statement from the Sheriff's Office.

Lee's cause of his death remains under investigation.

On the photo, this is where his pack was found, and he was found at the base of Whitney's SW slope. Photo caption: "Those little blue dots outline where Lee's backpack was found. Scary. (Inyo County Sheriff's Office)." If he was at the base, I'm a little surprised no one found him as that would be where you would start a grid search, yet again, that is big terrain and it looks like his decent option was finicky enough due to the sudden drop-off ahead. Based on the elevation aspect, it's possible that he was overcome by the altitude and fell. More data is needed.

RIP, John Lee.

Attachments

• John Lee.jpg
    John Lee.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 153
I say it all has a lot of holes in it. Your data is all within the realm of what might have possibly happen especially given his age and the danger. Would anyone allowed him to go alone. Less the 411 reality?

But i ask why did it take so long to find his body? Why did the others allow him too go alone? And did they have any cell contact?

What was his venue out and would he surely have given this information to his co-hikers on a Topo (topographic) map?

Why were his backpacking partners not thinking (hello), and they allowed him to solo back for help?

I think it is a wait and see of what the official autopsy revels. If there is any real follow up on this incidence. IMHO

PS Thank you for your insight.

Mean While
Australia Part 1: Gaida Coote Gaida Coote Jul 17, 2016 84 Yrs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYlLxOdRO-A

David Paulides of Missing 411 visits Australia to report on strange disappearances in the second of this three part series. Jul 21, 2016

https://youtu.be/1niPqnS8cyw

Today David Paulides released his sixth book: Missing 411 - Hunters:

Author David Paulides has released the sixth installment in his best selling series, Missing 411. The books have revealed the names and facts behind people who have disappeared in the national parks and forests of the world. The identification of over 59 geographical clusters of missing people in North America is one of the mysterious, unsettling and unexplained elements in the Missing 411 series. Missing 411- Hunters explains a subset of the research and documents 148 cases of hunters who have vanished in four countries. The incidents parallel other disappearances documented in prior Missing 411 books. The vast majority of the cases in this edition are new and they don’t appear in other books in the series. The mystery and stories of the victims will baffle and confound the avid outdoorsman and seasoned hunter.

Countries Included:

United States- 26 States

Canada- 9 Provinces

Australia

Azerbaijian

Disappearances Documented:

348 Pages

Beau said:
Today David Paulides released his sixth book: Missing 411 - Hunters:

Looks like there's also a new six-pack of his books:

The Six Pack includes a custom designed book sleeve and the six Missing 411 Books.

Missing 411- Western United States

Missing 411- Eastern United States

Missing 411- North America and Beyond

Missing 411- The Devil's in the Detail

Missing 411- A Sobering Coincidence

Missing 411- Hunters

2,329 Pages of compelling stories and riveting suspense.

Last years sleeve edition sold out in two months. Once we sell out of this edition, it will not be re-ordered.

http://www.nabigfootsearch.com/catalog/item/6180213/10277572.htm

Back
Top Bottom