Help with creating (and proofreading) transcripts of SOTT Talk Radio shows

lainey said:
lainey said:
Keit said:
Kniall said:
Keit, if this hasn't been started yet, no problem, let's leave it. For the moment we're just going to add .srt subtitles directly into YT captions, so there's no urgency on getting the EN-dubbed parts 1&2 transcribed.

Sure, no problem! Better share it with the English public asap!

And, lainey, hopefully you didn't push with the transcription too much, since now there is plenty of time. And then, when it will be done (including the second part), we can do an improved version of the series. ;)

phew, thats good news, I've been snowed under with college work and I was finishing proof reading show 73 for SOTT still so that is a load off my mind. I'll still finish it if you want and it can be there for you guys as and when you want it.
I've finished part 1!!!! :clap: Sorry it took so long. I popped it on the database and left a message in the yahoo group for someone to proofread as I struggled a bit with some of the Russian words.
I'll get started on part 2 now.

Hello, I've finished part 2 as well. It's on the database and is ready for proof reading. Again it could really do with someone checking the Russian words I have missed.

know_yourself said:
I don't know if it is still actual, but I may help by proofreading!
How shall I proceed?! :scared:
Thank you!

Hi know_yourself,

Thanks you for your offer.

An invitation to join the group has just been sent to you.

Please post a little intro as soon as you have joined the group.

And as you know, please remember the following note which is very important for all translators/transcribers :

"Notice to all those interested in volunteering to do translations: We would also like to strongly suggest that you participate regularly in the forum. As you can imagine, translating SOTT/QFS/FOTCM/Cass material also requires a desire to work on the self. This project, believe it or not, is a very useful tool for us all, as we learn a lot about ourselves, networking and the material itself while doing it. But most of the networking and work on the self needs to be done in the forum. The more you participate, the more you learn and the more other members learn with you! "

lainey said:
lainey said:
lainey said:
Keit said:
Kniall said:
Keit, if this hasn't been started yet, no problem, let's leave it. For the moment we're just going to add .srt subtitles directly into YT captions, so there's no urgency on getting the EN-dubbed parts 1&2 transcribed.

And, lainey, hopefully you didn't push with the transcription too much, since now there is plenty of time. And then, when it will be done (including the second part), we can do an improved version of the series. ;)

phew, thats good news, I've been snowed under with college work and I was finishing proof reading show 73 for SOTT still so that is a load off my mind. I'll still finish it if you want and it can be there for you guys as and when you want it.
I've finished part 1!!!! :clap: Sorry it took so long. I popped it on the database and left a message in the yahoo group for someone to proofread as I struggled a bit with some of the Russian words.

Hello, I've finished part 2 as well. It's on the database and is ready for proof reading. Again it could really do with someone checking the Russian words I have missed.

Hi lainey,

Have you left a message in the yahoo group because all the info about translation and proofreading should be mentionned there.

Gandalf said:
lainey said:
lainey said:
lainey said:
Keit said:
Kniall said:

Hi lainey,

Have you left a message in the yahoo group because all the info about translation and proofreading should be mentionned there.
I did for part 1 but not part 2, I shall rectify this now :)

lainey said:

Very sorry for the delay, lainey. Unfortunately I didn't notice your posts on the yahoo group. Did you put [Russian] in the title by any chance? If not, can you please direct me to the posts? Unless someone already helped you, of course. Thanks.

Keit said:
lainey said:

Very sorry for the delay, lainey. Unfortunately I didn't notice your posts on the yahoo group. Did you put [Russian] in the title by any chance? If not, can you please direct me to the posts? Unless someone already helped you, of course. Thanks.

Hiya, I just send a new message with the info to the group. It's got the transop location numbers for parts 1 and 2 together. I also put Russian in the title this time. Thanks!

lainey said:
Hiya, I just send a new message with the info to the group. It's got the transop location numbers for parts 1 and 2 together. I also put Russian in the title this time. Thanks!

Ok, thanks! I'll make sure to go over it.

Keit said:
lainey said:

Ok, thanks! I'll make sure to go over it.

Let me know if PR2 is needed

New transcript available on SOTT (Show #65, 67, 71, 73 and 75). :dance: :cheer: :bacon:

See the table for the direct link https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,31252.msg413444.html#msg413444

Thanks so much for all the volunteers that are doing such a great job. :clap:

I would like to volunteer to help with English transcriptions and proofreading - I heard you still need help keeping up to date, so would be happy to help in whatever way useful.

aleana said:
I would like to volunteer to help with English transcriptions and proofreading - I heard you still need help keeping up to date, so would be happy to help in whatever way useful.

Hi aleana,

Thanks you for your offer.

An invitation to join the group has just been sent to you.

Please post a little intro as soon as you have joined the group.

And as you know, please remember the following note which is very important for all translators/transcribers :

"Notice to all those interested in volunteering to do translations: We would also like to strongly suggest that you participate regularly in the forum. As you can imagine, translating SOTT/QFS/FOTCM/Cass material also requires a desire to work on the self. This project, believe it or not, is a very useful tool for us all, as we learn a lot about ourselves, networking and the material itself while doing it. But most of the networking and work on the self needs to be done in the forum. The more you participate, the more you learn and the more other members learn with you! "

New transcript available on SOTT (Show #23, 74, 76, 77 and 83). :dance: :cheer: :bacon:

See the table for the direct link https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,31252.msg413444.html#msg413444

Thanks for the transcripts updates!

Gandalf, is the table for the direct link missing the link to #83?

Thanks!

dant said:
Thanks for the transcripts updates!

Gandalf, is the table for the direct link missing the link to #83?

Thanks!

Thanks dant for the info.

Problem solved.

https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,31252.msg413444.html#msg413444

Gandalf said:

Ditto that! It's impossible to over-stress the importance of having transcripts available. Thanks again to all involved. :perfect:

Back
Top Bottom