Devastating effects of Wi-Fi radiation on plants

Palinurus

The Living Force
From (in Dutch): _http://computertotaal.nl/internet---netwerken/50528-tuinkers-experiment-toont-effect-wifi-straling-aan.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ComputerTotaal+%28Computer!Totaal%29

hi4mo5h1mv9o9vmo.jpg

Healthy garden Cress that has not been exposed to the radiation of wifi routers.

hqzycreh4wr8dry1.jpg

Garden Cress which is exposed to the radiation of wifi routers.

article said:
Garden Cress experiment demonstrates effect Wi-Fi radiation

Matthijs van den Broek-27 May 2013, 08: 45

A simple but effective experiment of Danish pupils has shown that wifi radiation has notable effect on the growth and development of plants.

Five pupils from the bridge class of Hjallerup School in Denmark wanted to know if wifi radiation would have effect on the growth and development of plants. The pupils took 400 garden Cress-seeds which they divided over twelve dishes.

They placed six dishes each in two separate rooms on the same temperature. They gave the same amount of water and sunlight to all dishes for twelve days. Half of the dishes were exposed to mobile wifi radiation.

International scientists are pleased with the clear outcomes, several scientists have already said to go repeat the experiment.

This article (Danish) shows that the scientists praise the experiment for its clear design, precise framing and the chosen approach:
_http://www.dr.dk/Nyheder/Indland/2013/05/16/131324.htm

The experiment has already aroused much interest among scientists in England, Netherlands and Sweden.

Documentation of the experiment can be found here (pdf just one page, Danish):
_http://www.dr.dk/NR/rdonlyres/075641A4-F4D4-4ECF-834F-C0DAF2B8E1E1/5134835/Finaleposter24apr2013.pdf

Repeat investigation is necessary

The question is what will remain of the research results of these first graders when reputable scientific researchers and agencies start to work with this method.

Also, it remains very much the question what this research really teaches us about the harmfulness of wifi radiation for humans and animals.

Thanks for posting this suggestion, Palinurus. Perhaps somewhat related to this, there has been some research into affects of EMF radiation on mold, as mentioned here:

Mold, just like other microorganisms, can also react in high EMF environments. One study showed 600 times more neurotoxins generated from mold in a high EMF environment.

My doctor attended a seminar a few weeks ago where someone presented on this, and they said that they'd seen toxin production increase up to 1,000 times under the influence of EMF exposure. The hypothesis is that EMF is perceived as a direct threat by the mold, and the increased toxin production is a defense reaction.

Shijing said:
Thanks for posting this suggestion, Palinurus. Perhaps somewhat related to this, there has been some research into affects of EMF radiation on mold, as mentioned here:

Mold, just like other microorganisms, can also react in high EMF environments. One study showed 600 times more neurotoxins generated from mold in a high EMF environment.

My doctor attended a seminar a few weeks ago where someone presented on this, and they said that they'd seen toxin production increase up to 1,000 times under the influence of EMF exposure. The hypothesis is that EMF is perceived as a direct threat by the mold, and the increased toxin production is a defense reaction.

That makes sense - it might also mean that fungal/bacterial infections in people act similarly on exposure.

LQB said:
That makes sense - it might also mean that fungal/bacterial infections in people act similarly on exposure.

Yes, that's what I'm thinking as well; what you had mentioned a couple weeks ago about iron overload making people more sensitive to EMF adds an entirely new dimension as well, since many of these organisms feed on iron, so iron overload and EMF exposure could be quite a devastating combination. An acquaintance of mine has suffered from dysautonomia for years, and it's increasingly compromising her nervous and circulatory systems. I just learned last week that her symptoms began after a summer of living in a trailer at an excavation site where she was exposed the entire time to black mold.

Stuart Greene (aka Stuart Grace) has written a few papers about pleomorphism and the immune system which provide some food for thought in terms of how both EMF and iron might be involved in chronic illness (he doesn't discuss either EMF or iron per se, but you can kind of plug in what we're learning about both and speculate):

An Open Letter on Pleomorphic Microbiology

The Theory of Pleomorphic Provolution: Revisiting the Heresy of Spontaneous Generation

The Four-Way Stop Dilemma: A hypothesis of immune system entanglement in chronic illness

Shijing said:

It would be interesting to know or at least speculate, whether the mold situation with Lisa Guliani in her repeatedly flooded basement apartment would have been aggravated through EMF radiation in that building, as it certainly could have made the mold more toxic from what I gather out of your post.

Shijing said:
LQB said:

Yes, that's what I'm thinking as well; what you had mentioned a couple weeks ago about iron overload making people more sensitive to EMF adds an entirely new dimension as well, since many of these organisms feed on iron, so iron overload and EMF exposure could be quite a devastating combination. An acquaintance of mine has suffered from dysautonomia for years, and it's increasingly compromising her nervous and circulatory systems. I just learned last week that her symptoms began after a summer of living in a trailer at an excavation site where she was exposed the entire time to black mold.

Stuart Greene (aka Stuart Grace) has written a few papers about pleomorphism and the immune system which provide some food for thought in terms of how both EMF and iron might be involved in chronic illness (he doesn't discuss either EMF or iron per se, but you can kind of plug in what we're learning about both and speculate):

An Open Letter on Pleomorphic Microbiology

The Theory of Pleomorphic Provolution: Revisiting the Heresy of Spontaneous Generation

The Four-Way Stop Dilemma: A hypothesis of immune system entanglement in chronic illness

Fascinating stuff Shijing - thanks for the links. EMF-induced pleomorphic changes might help explain some of the bizarre symptoms of EMF sensitivity. And the body's metal load will only make this worse - so getting the other metals out argues pro-EDTA - maybe Garry Gordon is on to something with his "EDTA for life" in today's world.

AFAIK, Rife's RF treatments consisted of carefully tuned CW RF (tones) - changing the pathogenic nature of the "invaders", and curing the disease. Compare this to our EMF environment - pulsed wideband aggravation.

Palinurus said:
It would be interesting to know or at least speculate, whether the mold situation with Lisa Guliani in her repeatedly flooded basement apartment would have been aggravated through EMF radiation in that building, as it certainly could have made the mold more toxic from what I gather out of your post.

It seems like it could be the case -- I don't know if Lisa has a good idea what the EMF environment was like in her old apartment, although I suspect that most apartment complexes are probably pretty saturated with WiFi; my neighbor (the person I mentioned above with dysautonomia) has full WiFi and cordless phones. Her initial exposure to the mold was several years ago, but there could still be something volatile that's been lingering in her system. I asked her about the mold because when I talked to her last week, she was starting to have symptoms in one of her feet with numbness, tingling, pricking pains, and discoloration that was going between purple and red -- very similar to what Lisa described, and in the next couple of days it spread to the rest of her extremities to various degrees. She had never connected the exposure to black mold with the onset of her condition.

LQB said:
EMF-induced pleomorphic changes might help explain some of the bizarre symptoms of EMF sensitivity.

It might -- there doesn't seem to be a general consensus about how to interpret pleomorphic observations since nearly no one studies it, but enough people since Béchamp have observed similar phenomena that I think there has to be something going on there -- whatever these things are, they seem to be indigenous to our bodies and quite sensitive to their environment, in ways that can either help or hurt us.

LQB said:
AFAIK, Rife's RF treatments consisted of carefully tuned CW RF (tones) - changing the pathogenic nature of the "invaders", and curing the disease. Compare this to our EMF environment - pulsed wideband aggravation.

Yes -- and if you happen to be interested in reading more about it, there's some documentation here.

UPDATE: The experiment mentioned in the original post features prominent in a SotT article of today taken from the Daily Mail of December 17, 2013.

http://www.sott.net/article/270453-Whats-Wi-Fi-doing-to-us-Experiment-finds-that-shrubs-die-when-placed-next-to-wireless-routers

EDIT: can hardly keep up with the pace of new arrivals. :lol: Just in from the Daily Dot of December 13, 2013:

http://www.sott.net/article/270479-Your-wireless-router-could-be-murdering-your-houseplants

This story has resurfaced again today:

http://www.sott.net/article/280339-Ninth-graders-science-experiment-stirs-up-scientific-community-when-it-finds-plants-wont-grow-near-Wi-Fi-router

Consider the health implications with iron overload, mold and fungus (Candida) in this application of Wi-Fi radiation?

Comcast turns 50,000 paying customer homes into public hotspots, millions more by the end of the year
_http://www.extremetech.com/computing/184263-comcast-turns-50000-paying-customer-homes-into-public-hotspots-millions-more-by-the-end-of-the-year

Thursday June 12, 2014 - Two days ago, Comcast did something that would be inconceivable if it was any other company than Comcast: It turned 50,000 residential Xfinity modems into public WiFi hotspots. There are 50,000 paying Xfinity customers in Houston, Texas who are now broadcasting free WiFi that anyone can use. As far as Comcast is concerned, of course, this is a genius move to blanket the country in high-speed WiFi (and there are plans to hijack millions more modems by the end of 2014) — for Comcast’s customers, though, this is egregious monopolistic overreach taken to the next level… and it’s possibly illegal as well.

Xfinity WiFi Home Hotspot: Genius or madness?

First, let’s run through the technical details of Comcast’s Xfinity WiFi Home Hotspot setup. Over the last couple of years, Comcast has been distributing the Arris Touchstone Telephony Wireless Gateway Modem to new customers. Comcast remotely programmed these modems to broadcast a new wireless network SSID — “xfinitywifi” — that gives about 10 minutes of free access to anyone, or unlimited access to other Comcast customers. Comcast says the new wireless network is completely separate from your existing home network, and that public WiFi users don’t have access to any shared files or resources. Exact details of the setup aren’t yet known, but it sounds like some kind of VLAN.

Now, let’s tackle the rather thorny questions raised by this scheme. Speaking to the Houston Chronicle, Comcast says this new service won’t slow down the residential customer’s connection. The official Xfinity WiFi Home Hotspot FAQ clarifies a few other points, too, such as the max limit on concurrent free WiFi users (five), and how to disable the feature (log into http://customer.comcast.com/ and click the Users & Preferences section). Comcast says that it alerted the first 50,000 users by post last month, and that less than 1% of customers opted out. It’s also worth noting that you’re exempt from Comcast’s new scheme if you use your own modem, too.

The FAQ does note, however, that “there can be some impact as more devices share WiFi” because both networks share the same slice of 2.4GHz or 5GHz spectrum. From what we know about WiFi congestion and the importance of using the right channel, just having one person using your Xfinity WiFi could significantly slow down your own WiFi network.

There could be some privacy and security concerns, too. Comcast has released an Xfinity WiFi app for finding nearby hotspots — and yes, if your residential modem has been co-opted by Comcast, it will show on the map.

Will Comcast Xfinity WiFi slow down your connection to the internet?

The more curious bit is Comcast’s assertion that this public hotspot won’t slow down your residential connection — i.e. if you’re paying for 150Mbps of download bandwidth through the Extreme 150 package, you will still get 150Mbps, even if you have five people creepily parked up outside leeching free WiFi. This leads to an interesting question: If Xfinity hotspot users aren’t using your 150Mbps of bandwidth, whose bandwidth are they using?

There are two options here. Comcast might just be lying about public users not impacting your own download speeds. The other option is that Xfinity WiFi Home Hotspot uses its own separate channel to the internet. This is entirely possible — DOCSIS 3.0 can accommodate around 1Gbps, so there’s plenty of free space. But how big is this separate channel? 50Mbps? 100Mbps? And if there’s lots of spare capacity, why is Comcast giving it to free WiFi users rather than the person who’s paying a lot of money for the connection? And isn’t Comcast usually complaining about its network being congested? At least, that’s the excuse it used to squeeze money from Netflix, and to lobby for paid internet fast lanes.

With 50,000 hotspots enabled in Houston today, 150,000 more planned for the end of the month, and then 8 million more across Xfinity hotspots across the US before the end of 2014, we can only assume that Comcast has a lot of extra capacity. Either that, or it’s intentionally trying to clog up the network for its paying customers — perhaps so it can levy further charges from edge providers like Netflix, or so it has some ammo in the continuing battle for net neutrality. [Read: AT&T moves to acquire DirecTV to defend against Comcast – everyone loses.]

The big picture, of course, is that Comcast wants to compete with AT&T, which already has a large nationwide network of WiFi hotspots. It’s also worth noting that, following a spectrum sale to Verizon last year, Comcast now has access to Verizon’s mobile network. Comcast could be building towards a future mobile telephony system that bounces between free WiFi hotspots and Verizon’s network, depending on what’s currently available.

Is Comcast breaking the law?

Finally, a thought experiment about the legality of Xfinity WiFi Home Hotspot. Comcast owns the Arris Touchstone modem that you rent as part of your monthly subscription, and thus is fairly free to do whatever it likes with regards to setting up a secondary network. It’s a bit crappy, but it’s probably legal (and you probably agreed to such antics when you signed on the dotted line). What is less clear is ownership of the connection between the modem and the wall socket (your cable) and between the wall socket and the junction box (fiber to the curb/cabinet).

You almost certainly own the cable from the modem to the wall, and Comcast is treading on shaky ground by using that cable, especially as the Xfinity residential WiFi rollout is opt-in by default. There have also been instances where FTTC providers pass the buck when there’s issues with the copper wire between your home and the junction box — suggesting that you might own that as well (it runs over your property, at the very least).

I assume Comcast had its legal bigwigs sign off on the plan before moving ahead with the subversion of 8 million paid customer connections. But who knows: Internet providers in the US seem to be able to get away with just about anything.

Hi angelburst29,

Thanks for sharing. It's not only in the USA though. Just recently, i.e about a month ago, my own provider (I live in Amsterdam, The Netherlands) has done the same thing.

At least, over here we have an opt-out clause but one must expressly contact one's provider to get the hotspot activation of their modem undone and rumors are that the deactivation won't be completely effective in some cases. It's all perfectly legal because the provider owns the modem which the customer uses only on loan.

Furthermore, one also loses the possibility of using any of these hotspots anywhere else when one's own modem has been deactivated as such. A blackmail type of forced coercion, I think.

Anyway, in cities this form of radiation will permeate everything everywhere and increasingly seems virtually impossible to escape from. :curse:

Palinurus said:
Anyway, in cities this form of radiation will permeate everything everywhere and increasingly seems virtually impossible to escape from. :curse:

It's literally everywhere; shops, trains, schools and universities, libraries, soon it will probably be in buses too. It's crazy. At least one way to protect ourselves to a certain extent would be to be as healthy as we can be. It's insane that they do all of this even if all the research so far points to the damaging effects of wi-fi radiation.

It might be worthwhile to wear silk clothing to partially shield against EMF. Perhaps it won't work, though there's the nice side effect that silk feels so good to wear.

With my own wireless router, I went into the settings and chose "Disable" next to "Wireless". The router no longer appears a wireless source to other devices. However, I wonder how I can be 100% certain that wireless signals have stopped broadcasting. I will post a screenshot.

Oxajil said:
It's insane that they do all of this even if all the research so far points to the damaging effects of wi-fi radiation.

Exactly, the point! Why saturate a whole living environment under a cloud of damaging radiation?

Is it possible, this Wi-Fi application also transmits Smart Meter and Smart Appliance read-outs and anything with a chip? Cashless society, comes to mind.

An article in the news featuring a Des Moines, Iowa Church and an attempt to erect a Cell Tower disguised as a cross on a 3 acre plot. Cell Towers in the past have generally required 10 acres. By 1997, there were 50,000 Cell Towers dotting the United States. By the end of 2012 - the number had jumped to 300,000. Now add Comcast's Wi-Fi application to the mix of damaging radiation?

_http://finance.yahoo.com/news/cross-latest-attempt-stealth-cellphone-053256008.html

Back
Top Bottom