I'm a bit skeptical about that discovery.
First, the Ph.D.'s
Development stages of the “rope” human intestinal parasite
Submitted to arxiv.org on Jan. 13, 2013
Alex A. Volinsky, Ph.D a*, Nikolai V. Gubarev, Ph.D b, Galina M. Orlovskaya, RN-C c, Elena V.
Marchenko, M.D., Ph.D d
a Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of South Florida, Tampa FL 33620, USA
b Occupational Safety Ltd. (OOO “Bezopasnost Truda”), 32 ul. Koli Tomchaka, suite 14, St.
Petersburg 196084, Russia
c Department of Surgery, St. Petersburg City Hospital No. 15, 4 Avangard St., St. Petersburg
d Currently no affiliation, Formerly research volunteer at H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research
Institute, 12902 USF Magnolia Drive, Tampa FL 33612, USA
A. Alex A. Volinsky
- Ph.D. in Engineering
B. Nikolai V. Gubarev
OOO “Bezopasnost Truda”: _http://bezopasnost-truda.spb24.net/
Accredited Testing Laboratory Ltd. "Industrial Safety" provides the following services: Certification of working conditions at work, certification of labor protection, industrial inspection, audit, management, health and safety.
The offered products / services:
Certification of working conditions at workplaces, certification of labor protection, industrial control
Director, an expert on labor conditions, Ph.D. in Engineering Sciences Gubaryov Nikolai V.
C. Galina M. Orlovskaya
- RN-C (Registered Nurse, Certified) - No trace on the Internet. Neither in English, nor in Russian
D. Elena V. Marchenko
, M.D., Ph.D - according to the paper, "currently no affiliation". On the net, one result in English (with no degree specified)
EFFECT OF THE MYOCARDIUM NON-UNIFORMITY ON THE HEART FUNCTIONAL RESERVE
ELENA V. MARCHENKO
Department of Diagnostics, Institute of Transplantology and Artificial Organs, Moscow, Russia
one in Russian (a Word document with a Conference program):
Workshop “NEW APPROACHES AND TRENDS IN LOGISTICS”
Chairperson: Ph.D. in Philology, Professor Vera A. Mayevskaya
Vice-chairperson: Ph.D. in Psychology Associate Prof. Natalia E. Gorokhova
Assistant: Elena V. Marchenko
Not sure that's the same person.
Second, the video and Prof. Volinsky...
- He is an engineer, but has a Russian wife who has a degree in endocrinology (right, it makes him more credible)
- Wikipedia as the main source for his lecture
- "I think
that Dr. Gubarev with his pathology friends in Russia has some
evidence that maybe
that is the case that they do feed on blood." - very convincing and scientific statement...
- "Stage 3 - 99% Human presudogene" Did he mean "pseudogene"?
- I'm not a biologist, but his optical microscope images, DAPI Stain Eucariote images and the electron microscopy images don't seem to prove anything. Mucus cells have DNA, are eucaryotic, so it what way the images (of whatever is there) can lead to the opposite conclusion? I'd be happy to hear more about those images from someone who understands what he is showing on those pictures and what he says. Anyway, we still have his word only.
- The DNA analysis shows human sequences. How does he reach the conclusion it's worm's?
- Gubarev's book - seems to be a fotoshopped cover with a typo:
_http://www.amazon.co.uk/Helminths-Unknown-Gelminty-izvestnye-neizvestnye/dp/5903984061 (Helminths, not Helminthes as on the video). No mention the book is available in Russian only.
- Volgograd Bureau of Forensic Expertise image. Here the fumis vermis looks differently so... it must be it!
- Autistic children - forum for parents who allegedly cured their autistic children with MMS (!). Volinsky uses their page on parasites and claims they cured the kids by getting rid of the worms (those rope worms, homo fumis vermis, or perhaps funis vernis).
- Second last screen: "Nikolai V. Gubarev patented three enemas in Russia to remove the worms from the large intestine..."
- Last screen: "Chlorine dioxide (CD) balances the redox potential of the mitochondria (increases the membrane potential of the mitochondria)." No, thank you.
There is more in the video that I didn't like. Looks like a possible scam to me.
On the other hand, there is enough of real and ugly human parasites, so doing a healthy anti-worm protocol once every few years makes a lot of sense, rope worms or not.