Oregon Vortex

EmeraldHope

The Living Force
I was poking around looking on the net trying to find some info on this crop circle in Oregon:
http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,31601.0.html
I found a rather interesting vortex site that I thought y'all may like . I did not find a mention of it anywhere in a search.
http://www.oregonvortex.com
The Oregon Vortex is a spherical field of force, half above the ground and half below the ground. The word "vortex" simply means a whirpool of force, like a whirling mass of water. Especially one in which a force of suction operates such as a whirlpool or a whirling mass of air or one in the form of a visible column or spiral such as a tornado.

A vortex, essentially a whirlpool of force, is the basic form of our universe. From our galaxy, whose vortex form we see as the countless suns of the Milky Way, throughout the gravitational vortex of our solar system, down to the vortex of an atom, the vortex form recurs throughout our world structure. The Phenomena that gives The Oregon Vortex its name are evident throughout the entire area. Nowhere in the circle do you normally stand erect. Inevitably the visitor assumes a posture that inclines toward magnetic north. The corona of The Vortex, as well as the minor vortices, discovered during the continuous study of The Vortex, are among the unique phenomena to be observed here.

As another person, on a level platform, recedes from you towards magnetic south, they appear taller. When they approach you, coming towards magnetic north, they become shorter. This is contrary to the laws of perspective, as we know it, and must be seen to be believed. See Photographs - Back Yard.

The scientific analysis of the disturbance constitutes an education in subjects of interest to all. The accumulated Notes and Data, written by John Litster, contains 35 pictures, diagrams, and illustrations along with other information relating specifically to The Oregon Vortex is available to all visitors.

Hi Cyndi,

I believe the Oregon Vortex is similar to the Mystery Spot in Santa Cruz, which is an optical illusion.

_http://www.mysteryspot.com

Here is the optical illusion explained.

_http://www.berkeley.edu/news/berkeleyan/1998/0909/spot.html

Teresa said:
Hi Cyndi,

I believe the Oregon Vortex is similar to the Mystery Spot in Santa Cruz, which is an optical illusion.

_http://www.mysteryspot.com

Here is the optical illusion explained.

_http://www.berkeley.edu/news/berkeleyan/1998/0909/spot.html

No question. They had one very similar to this when I was a kid at Six Flags. What I find interesting here is that there is spotty information about the crop circle I was looking for as well - not really many ariel photos, etc. I was very interested in it because I think it could be a geometric representation of the photo in my profile pic if you poofed it up.
Also I note that Disney has made an animated series called " Gravity Falls" and based it on the Oregon Vortex and the hoaxy nature of the tourist trap, but something " else" is going on the property. Several time traveling references as well.

Cyndi said:
No question. They had one very similar to this when I was a kid at Six Flags. What I find interesting here is that there is spotty information about the crop circle I was looking for as well - not really many ariel photos, etc. I was very interested in it because I think it could be a geometric representation of the photo in my profile pic if you poofed it up.
Also I note that Disney has made an animated series called " Gravity Falls" and based it on the Oregon Vortex and the hoaxy nature of the tourist trap, but something " else" is going on the property. Several time traveling references as well.

I misunderstood and thought you believed it to be real. In my 20's I had visited the one in Santa Cruz and thought it was real because the illusion was very subtle. I've gone since then knowing it was an illusion and actually find it more interesting.

I was also interested in the definition of what a vortex is on the Oregon Vortex site.

Because I saw this thread, I happened to find a primer booklet entitled "Scientific Vortex Information" by Pete A. Sanders, Jr., regarding the vortex energy in Sedona, Arizona. There is maybe some viable information on basic vortex definitions, how they differ and how they may be utilized. I've personally never sought one out so I'm not a judge of the info.

Sanders says:
Most writings about vortexes describe them as electric, magnetic, or electromagnetic sites which are technically inaccurate. Anything that has an electric field automatically has a magnetic field and vice versa. And, all of life is electromagnetic. The term "vortex" is more symbolic than literal. Most vortex energy sites do not have a circular energy flow and the energy is neither electric nor magnetic. They are, instead, areas of enhanced linear energy flow and exist in up to 10 dimensions, and you can experience them as such (based on 10 dimension string theory).

Vortexes are labeled based on the direction of energy flow at the sites-- upflow out of the earth or inflow into the earth. This pattern is repeated throughout nature. An electrical pulse moves along a nerve axon because of an inflow and outflow of ions across a nerve membrane. The cycle of water also mirrors this in evaporation and rain. Even the earth's crust does this as it recycles.

Vortexes and Healing
Inflow vortexes encourage grounding with Mother Earth, as utilized in the Native American heritage. It pulls in energy from the universe. Inflow vortexes are also labeled as feminine and useful for introspection and dealing with feelings. They are also labeled as "negative" due to the site feeling heavier and more pensive. They turn your reflections inward to heal past wounds or gain past-life memory. They are located in caves, canyons and valleys.

Upflow vortexes turbo-boost any spiritual skill where going to a higher level is important, as in viewing problems from a higher plane or soul perspective, stretching your bubble of consciousness...tapping the Great Spirit. Upflow vortexes are found in the mountains, mesa tops and pyramidal-type topography and matches a masculine principal with the outward, aggressive surge of the upflow pattern. They are "positive" areas because they feel so exhilarating, the energy is expansive and blends you with the greater Whole. Upflow areas are the best stress reduction sites and best areas for sending prayers or affirmations out to the universe.

The best locations for future scanning are in lateral-flow areas where you can more easily scan the possible futures and pick the best option. Some will feel solid and positive. Others will feel shaky or negative. Almost all overlooks have a strong lateral-flow component.

Some vortexes have both upflows and inflows, a two-flow combination of energies. Crater Lake, in Oregon, as well as high valleys in the Rockies or the Himalayas, have a mini-inflow in the midst of a more massive upflow energy pattern.

Native Americans have always used vortexes for their sacred practices. Most northern Indians would use upflow vortexes and (through fasting, exhaustion or rattlesnake bites) achieve an altered state. They then would go into an upflow vortex and receive their vision from the Great Spirit. The southern tribes had a stronger spiritual focus on going inward to meet and confront their inner demons. The writings of Casteneda on the teachings of Don Juan illustrate this process of inner journey, and thus sought out inflow vortexes.

Teresa said:
Cyndi said:

I misunderstood and thought you believed it to be real. In my 20's I had visited the one in Santa Cruz and thought it was real because the illusion was very subtle. I've gone since then knowing it was an illusion and actually find it more interesting.

I was also interested in the definition of what a vortex is on the Oregon Vortex site.

Well, it is funny my mind put these two things together initially here. Check this out: -

_http://tap3x.net/EMBTI/j4selfcc.html

By now it may have begun to dawn on you that the Shri Yantra is actually a cleverly
drawn visual sleight-of-hand! It is an ancient illusion that is a precursor to similar 20th century perceptual illusions, in the same class of figures as those produced by the gestalt psychologists. Like the famous 'duck-rabbit' diagram, or the portrait of the 'young-woman/old-woman' it demonstrates that we can be tricked by perception when the figure-ground relationship in a picture is reversed or otherwise tampered with.
As in these other cases, the illusion that is deliberately built into the Shri Yantra makes it very difficult to draw it freehand, as you no doubt came to realize if, in fact, you did try to sketch it. In order to achieve the intended effect one must keep in mind two goals that pull in different directions, just as in trying to draw the portrait of the young woman/old woman, you would have to keep in mind that every line you make is a line in two completely different portraits!
But the Shri Yantra is no MERE illusion, meant simply to delight or entertain. Nor is it just an object lesson in the psychology of perception. It has a profound meaning, one which reveals itself only when the effects of the diagram are studied in relationship to how consciousness becomes capable of 'moving' in certain states that one can enter into in meditation. In their (1975) analysis of the figure, Evans and Fudjack remark,

].... how can we conceive of the [Shri Yantra] as an object for meditation? How is one to fixate attention on the diagram? Well, at first glance the diagram appears to be a symmetrical geometrical design and we know how to fixate attention on such a design by staring at the point of symmetry at its center. However, the Shri Yantra does not have a point around which the design is symmetrically fixed. Zimmer alludes to this by mentioning its 'elusive' center. So in focusing attention inward toward the center we wind up at a point, line, or configuration none of which is a satisfactory center of symmetry. We find ourselves compensating the small center triangle, for instance, by widening our scope of attention to it and some counterpart that promises symmetry. But we pass to this wider symmetry-suggestive area by a quantum leap, so to speak - we lose ourselves and find ourselves staring again at the entire configuration which suggests that the diagram is, after all, symmetrically composed. So we focus in toward the center again in search of that elusive point. We either become dissatisfied or distracted by some other activity or we discover the joke, the trick. The diagram is designed to appear symmetrical when we take it, in its entirety, as an object of attention, but is also cleverly designed to have no point of symmetry. It is an illustration of paradox. Not so much the paradox of time and eternity as the paradox of a symmetrical object without a point of symmetry - a logical contradiction. (C.O. Evans and J. Fudjack, CONSCIOUSNESS, 1976.)

Representing Systolic/Diastolic Movement Graphically
If you were asked to draw what is being described in the above passage - the alternating narrowing and widening of the scope of attention that is induced by the Shri Yantra - how might you do that? Without using words, what simple geometrical figure or motion might you use to capture the essence of this kind of movement? We submit that the simple spiral would be the most apt and elegant solution. For the spiral naturally induces this kind of mental movement, and has thus characteristically been used to communicate or represent it. If, having drawn a spiral, we mechanically rotate it in one direction it draws our attention into the center of the figure, into a seemingly endless tunnel - an effect that has been used to induce hypnotic trance. If we rotate the spiral in an opposite direction, it leads us away from the center, towards the figure's periphery.

I have actually been to the Oregon vortex with one of my kids and we got an extensive and lengthy tour since it was the end of the day and we were the only two. Illusions? I guess that is one way to put it. Distortions in perception might be another. (we are so accustomed to our current perception it seems normal and real - who can say it is not just another illusion to which we are acclimated.) And I might add that some of the illusions are mind boggling - not just the ball bearing going up, but the one where one person looks shorter and one taller (no matter what the real height) depending on where you stand - was amazing.

But what I really want to say is that it was not just a visual thing. It was VERY physical, as well, for me. My solar plexus felt like it was being twisted; it was almost constantly clenched in a kind of defensive manner. I felt nauseous for a full 7-14 days afterwards.

One interesting part of the story is that the native americans wouldn't go near it - their horses would totally shy away from the area (horse sense?). Interesting and ironic that new age types view these places as a positive energy; healing, enlightening etc type of place. I can honestly say - I did not feel healed at all - or like it was a positive environment in a biological sense.

BHelmet said:
I have actually been to the Oregon vortex with one of my kids and we got an extensive and lengthy tour since it was the end of the day and we were the only two. Illusions? I guess that is one way to put it. Distortions in perception might be another. (we are so accustomed to our current perception it seems normal and real - who can say it is not just another illusion to which we are acclimated.) And I might add that some of the illusions are mind boggling - not just the ball bearing going up, but the one where one person looks shorter and one taller (no matter what the real height) depending on where you stand - was amazing.

But what I really want to say is that it was not just a visual thing. It was VERY physical, as well, for me. My solar plexus felt like it was being twisted; it was almost constantly clenched in a kind of defensive manner. I felt nauseous for a full 7-14 days afterwards.

One interesting part of the story is that the native americans wouldn't go near it - their horses would totally shy away from the area (horse sense?). Interesting and ironic that new age types view these places as a positive energy; healing, enlightening etc type of place. I can honestly say - I did not feel healed at all - or like it was a positive environment in a biological sense.

Thanks for your testimony, it's interesting. And if there's indeed an EM distortion in there, I am not surprised that you felt "bad" all in all.

BHelmet said:

Sounds like that quote Laura has used so often:
So preserve yourselves, my brothers, from the calamities of this place, for distinguishing it is extremely difficult! Souls find it sweet, and then within it they are duped, since they become completely enamored of it. (Al-‘Arabi, Futuhat, III 38.23, translated by William Chittick)

Nowadays most people interested in the spirituality of the East desire the “experience,” though they may call what they are after intimate communion with God. Those familiar with the standards and norms of spiritual experience set down by disciplined paths like Sufism are usually appalled at the way Westerners seize upon any apparition from the domain outside of normal consciousness as a manifestation of the “spiritual.” In fact, there are innumerable realms in the unseen world, some of them far more dangerous than the worst jungles of the visible world. (Chittick, 1989)
http://cassiopaea.org/2012/01/07/the-wave-chapter-49-frequency-resonance-vibration/

Back
Top Bottom