what happened to these British soldiers in Gallipoli ??

cpuxxx

The Force is Strong With This One
266 British Soldiers Disappear In 1915 Without A Trace

One of the strangest occurrences of the entire First World War – the disappearance of an entire regiment of men in the midst of battle during the infamous Gallipoli campaign. The incident came to light mainly through the eyewitness account of three members of a New Zealand field company, who said that they watched from a clear vantage point as a battalion of the Royal Norfolk Regiment marched up a hillside in Suvla Bay, Turkey. The hill was shrouded in a low-lying mist that the English soldiers marched straight into without hesitation. They never came out. After the last of the battalion had entered the mist, it slowly lifted off the hillside to join the clouds in the sky. When the Great War was over, assuming that the battalion had been captured and held prisoner, the British government demanded that Turkey return them. The Turks insisted, however, that they had neither captured not made contact with these English soldiers and ever since then theories have abounded as to their fate.

I don’t think there is anyway to explain this as rational but there are other ways. To me I think the most obvious is a mass UFO abduction. There have been sightings of UFOs describd as clouds before and we know UFOs abduct people so why not. I would love to go here and investigate the site of the disappearence. It would be an amazing investigation. -Mort

Attachments

• 560524_606102482749169_526299885_n.jpg
    560524_606102482749169_526299885_n.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 244
The 100 year anniversary of the battle of Gallipoli has just been celebrated. And a mass UFO abduction does seem to be the best explanation.

There is a nice saying in medical diagnostics : "When you hear the hoofs dont expect zebras but horses." In other words before jumping to hyperdimensional explanations I would consider more mundane causes of disappearance.
Battle of Galipoli was hardly a battle, rather a mass slaughter and all the evidence suggests that British knew how futile and impossible it was to penetrate Turkey from this side and they still decided to sacrifice men in most ruthless fashion. It seems to me that it was much easier for those in charge to declare mysterious disappearance then admit they sacrificed so many men for dubious reasons.

FWIW I would suggest watching two movies: The Gallipoli by Peter Weir (1982) and the recent one The Water Diviner. The later one is more glossed but they give very clear picture of what was going at Galipolli hundred years ago.

Here is an explanation of what seems to be the real story of these 266 soldiers. It also touches on the UFO version, but after reading the comments from decendants of some of these soldiers, the UFO story doesn't ring true.

http://www.historic-uk.com/HistoryUK/HistoryofEngland/The-Lost-Sandringhams/

Z - In the last week I have seen Gallipoli and The Water Diviner, both for the second time and once again they stirred huge sadness of the futility of it all.

Mass slaughter/murder indeed.

Z said:
There is a nice saying in medical diagnostics : "When you hear the hoofs dont expect zebras but horses." In other words before jumping to hyperdimensional explanations I would consider more mundane causes of disappearance.
Battle of Galipoli was hardly a battle, rather a mass slaughter and all the evidence suggests that British knew how futile and impossible it was to penetrate Turkey from this side and they still decided to sacrifice men in most ruthless fashion. It seems to me that it was much easier for those in charge to declare mysterious disappearance then admit they sacrificed so many men for dubious reasons.

FWIW I would suggest watching two movies: The Gallipoli by Peter Weir (1982) and the recent one The Water Diviner. The later one is more glossed but they give very clear picture of what was going at Galipolli hundred years ago.

I'm not sure the idea of claiming the disappearance of 266 men would do much to cover up the pointless deaths of 140,000 others that did not disappear. The Cs have said that wars are used for cover of many things. They've mentioned this kind of disappearance in Viet nam, and were the only ones to ever mention that. So I'd say it's still a possibility. This kind of event is probably a lot less mundane that most people could ever, or would ever, imagine.

Hopefully they were abducted by an STO ufo, spared the horror of slaughter, and are safe in another dimension.

Lindenlea said:
Z - In the last week I have seen Gallipoli and The Water Diviner, both for the second time and once again they stirred huge sadness of the futility of it all.

Mass slaughter/murder indeed.

Yes I think these two movies actually complement each other although they were made almost 30 years apart.

Perceval I agree, I was thinking on the lines that in this particular case perhaps they sent this regimen on a particularly impossible mission - and once they were swiftly destroyed by Turks (under the cover of mist) this was convenient story. From what I could gather there was huge number of soldiers whose remains were never found since Turks were burying them in mass graves.

Back
Top Bottom