Jupiter Ascending

Just watched this this evening and must concur with others on here that there was in all likelihood a very good, intelligent movie here which just wasn't allowed to be made by the studio(s).

We can but live in hope for a director's cut which restores the original vision, but I'll not hold my breath on that one.

I was somewhat surprised by the visualisations of the 4d sts-ers, I knew very little about the film prior to seeing it. I thought the depiction of the lizards to be a little too squat and comical; I imagine them more like a cross between a serpent/alligator and Christopher Lee's portrayal of Dracula. The narcissistic self-absorbtion of the Orion STS humanoids, not to mention the attending psychopathy, seemed to fit what has been written in the Ra/C's material over the years. That kind of demented aristocratic vibe seemed to be something which could have been explored perhaps more interestingly in a film all of its own. Perhaps these kinds of films would work much better (and evade the censorship of studio hacks) if they perhaps embedded their messages more in metaphorical storylines?

In all seriousness though I think you'd have to go down a very avant-garde, impressionistic route if you wanted to explore these themes in cinema and not have your work cut to ribbons. Perhaps even a silent movie, with very good mime actors, and then perhaps you could explore the concept of densities without being too didactic about it?

I'm glad the Wachowskis are still out there making films though, but having not yet seen Cloud Atlas (which sounds interesting), which I may well enjoy (the premise sounds good), I'm afraid to say that only the first Matrix film and V for Vendetta have cut the mustard for me.

If they do migrate to TV for more creative control, then good on them. Disappointing film this though.

Possibly the wacho brothers have access to the forum or Laura's work, or similar. The movie looks like a complete copy paste of some of the sessions material.

Prometeo, the Wachowski's are technically no longer brothers, as Larry Wachowski has had gender reassignment surgery and is now called Lana. :)

Well, that's interesting, so how does that affect their metaphoric work? Is sex change a new pattern we need to watch these days? or only among those in the media highlights?

Prometeo said:
Possibly the wacho brothers have access to the forum or Laura's work, or similar. The movie looks like a complete copy paste of some of the sessions material.

Don't know of they know about Laura's work but the Wachowski's are aware of Carlos Castaneda's work and have been for awhile. If you watch Cloud Atlas, there's a scene at the nuclear power plant where Tom Hanks scientist character in the 70's asks Halle Berry's reporter character if she's ever read Castaneda.

The way they structure the Human aliens > reptoids > greys; have been only named by the cassiopaeans whenever they mention the orions look like us and rule the lizzies. Unless the matrix books and Ra talk about it, but I haven't read that material. But for what I've read, this might be inspiration from Laura.

The Wacho are always talking or inserting this on their movies, for example in speed racer at the end of the movie, there is a lot of symbolisms there. The tunnel, the zebras, the two colors ala masonic floors.

First time I watched Matrix, I could not stop to think about possibility of humanity eternal dream no matter if induced by technical assistance or any other type of "matrix." Then I found Laura's work and C's sessions, Gurdjieff and Ouspensky books and "Matrix" become even more relevant and kind a "truth with a twist."
I was thinking, OK, this is one time masterpeace, no one can beat that.
But than Wachowksis made screen play for movie "V for Vendetta" based on Alan Moore's graphic novel, and I was sure these two are something totally different from the rest of the Hollywood coneheads.
I could be wrong but in my humble opinion, VFV is top of their movies. Enjoyed in watching Cloud Atlas and Jupiter Ascending, the interpretation of 3D STS world and it's doom, pictured via reincarnation (karma) in CA and awesome portraits of 4D STS being in JA is really great, but still thinking "V for Vendetta" is the deepest and most intrigued story ever made to the big screen. On the second place I would put first movie from the Matrix trilogy and than Cloud Atlas folowed by Jupiter Ascending.
Looking forward for more of Wachowksis movies.

Agree with other forum members, and I wonder if these two are secret admirers of Laura's work?

:zzz: Finally got around to watching this one.... very plain, predictable and essentially disappointing from the W Brothers/Sisters/Trannies??? or whatever they want to be called these days. :/

It's like they went on a weekend binge watching previous scifi projects and this was their summation. The usual affects and situations, seems they 'phoned it in'... the main character is given special status like Harry Potter... yet she knows nothing like Neo in the Matrix... perhaps that is their pattern? Naive, but kind hearted people are special without much effort on their part?

Reminds me of that that film based on an old space cartoon... with that Queen song... Flash Gordon... which I haven't seen in a long time... and don't remember except that it wasn't very good. This looks nice, the effects are Hollywood.. but the script is weak... typical situations... boring in the end, essentially it seems to say to keep dreaming, but keep cleaning the toilets you stupid sheep. :zzz:

gdpetti said:
Well, that's interesting, so how does that affect their metaphoric work? Is sex change a new pattern we need to watch these days? or only among those in the media highlights?

They're probably the only ones who can afford it (the rich). I don't think a person's sex effects their work, metaphoric or actual. Perhaps people do this because they are trying to avoid something within themselves that they (think) they cannot express in any other way? I don't know, although there has been far too much attention, I think, directed towards this happening of late.

By the way, I loved the movie. Mostly for the eye candy, special effects and action. Admittedly it was cheesy, but I'm ok with that. Perhaps some people prefer their screenplay 'V for Vendetta'? I'm not sure if Lilly has had gender reassignment yet, but I believe Lana has.

Eight years after I started this thread I finally got around to watching it. Meh. I found myself fast forwarding through the overwrought chase and fight scenes. Enough already.
The Russian family caught my attention, for all the reasons mentioned above, and the harvest called to mind the lucrative, dark business of the elites paying top dollar for the adrenochrome extracted from abducted children.
The CGI artists had a big payday, though. All sound and fury signifying not much.

Yes I agree with the most part you have stated, a bit disappointed in general so I watched it yesterday too. There's something that took my attention and I was curious about when they were talking of bees being special creatures and so on; but maybe it's just because my surname means bee in some tongues spoken in my country...
More on the bees, it's something that has been on my mind for a while.

The funny thing is that Laura also wrote this in Vol. 4 of the Wave, Through a Glass Darkly, as linking the concepts of native shamanism, bees and royal lineages:

Shamanism
“Shaman” is another term to describe the warrior who practices to be free. A shaman is not a magician or a sorcerer although he can play those roles if he chooses. He is not a healer, though he can play that role also. A shaman is far more; he is a psychopomp, a priest, a mystic, and a poet. Shamanism is not a religion, it is a function, a role, a magico-religious phenomenon specific to certain individuals who have ecstatic capacity permitting “magical flight” to higher realms, descent into the underworld to battle dark forces, mastery over fire, matter, time and space. Unfortunately, as don Juan noted, in the present time, the shamanic acts are acts of great laxity, distortion and aberration.

The word shaman comes to us through Russian from the Tungusic saman. The word is derived from the Pali samana (Sanskrit sramana), through the Chinese sha-men (a transcription of the Pali word). The word shaman may be related to sarman.

According to John G. Bennett:

The pronunciation is the same for either spelling [sarmoung or sarman] and the word can be assigned to Old Persian. It does, in fact, appear in some of the Pahlawi texts … The word can be interpreted in three ways. It is the word for bee, which has always been a symbol of those who collect the precious ‘honey’ of traditional wisdom and preserve it for further generations.

A collection of legends, well known in Armenian and Syrian circles with the title of The Bees, was revised by Mar Salamon, a Nestorian Archimandrite in the thirteenth century. The Bees refers to a mysterious power transmitted from the time of Zoroaster and made manifest in the time of Christ.

“Man” in Persian means “the quality transmitted by heredity and hence a distinguished family or race.” It can be the repository of an heirloom or tradition. The word sar means head, both literally and in the sense of principal or chief. The combination sarman would thus mean the chief repository of the tradition … And still another possible meaning of the word sarman is … literally, those whose heads have been purified. [emphasis added] (Bennett 1992)

The word shaman comes to us through Russian from the Tungusic saman. The word is derived from the Pali samana (Sanskrit sramana), through the Chinese sha-men (a transcription of the Pali word). The word shaman may be related to sarman.
Pali is the name used for colloquial languages used in Indian subcontinent contrast to Vedic Sanskrit used by High class( including Priests) during 1st Millennium BCE. As per Wiki, It is a Indo-Aryan language, probably got carried by Steppes migrants to India.
Pali (/ˈpɑːli/) is a Middle Indo-Aryan liturgical language on the Indian subcontinent. It is widely studied because it is the language of the Buddhist Pāli Canon or Tipiṭaka as well as the sacred language of Theravāda Buddhism.

Pali is the name used for colloquial languages used in Indian subcontinent contrast to Vedic Sanskrit used by High class( including Priests) during 1st Millennium BCE. As per Wiki, It is a Indo-Aryan language, probably got carried by Steppes migrants to India.

Shamanism
“Shaman” is another term to describe the warrior who practices to be free. A shaman is not a magician or a sorcerer although he can play those roles if he chooses. He is not a healer, though he can play that role also. A shaman is far more; he is a psychopomp, a priest, a mystic, and a poet. Shamanism is not a religion, it is a function, a role, a magico-religious phenomenon specific to certain individuals who have ecstatic capacity permitting “magical flight” to higher realms, descent into the underworld to battle dark forces, mastery over fire, matter, time and space. Unfortunately, as don Juan noted, in the present time, the shamanic acts are acts of great laxity, distortion and aberration.

If we take Kurgan hypothesis linearly ( starting in Steppes around 3rd/4th millennium BCE and ending in India around 2nd to 1st Millennium BCE), Pali in India is later development. Few ways to look at it.
  • The word "Shaman" might have come from common origin language of both Russian and Pali during the Steppes migration of 3rd/4th millennium BCE - 2nd Millennium BCE) OR
  • It moved out of India through Buddhism spread in the 1st Millennium BCE /AD.
Author seems to saying 2nd option. It is hard to know about these language origins in a linear fashion.

More about the bees in Manly Hall's book The Secret Teachings of all Ages:
THE FLEUR-DE-LIS.

The bee was used as, a symbol of royalty by the immortal Charlemagne, and it is probable that the fleur-de-lis, or lily of France, is merely a conventionalized bee and not a flower. There is an ancient Greek legend to the effect that the nine Muses occasionally assumed the form of bees.

This from andrew Gough as well:

The Fleur-de-Lis and the Bee​

Stylised images of bees, many of which are indiscernible to the pedestrian eye, have symbolised goddesses for tens of thousands of years. One quite famous image that many believe symbolises a bee, albeit a more modern image than the famous goddess statues from pre-history, is the fleur-de-lis. As tantalising as this association may be, I’ve always felt that it lacked sufficient visual evidence. However, I recently came across an intriguing family crest in southern Germany, which may begin to change my opinion on the matter. Before examining the find, I would like to review another iconic image that has received somewhat greater acceptance with respect to its association with the bee. I speak of the double axe.
goddess_gough13

Did the double axe of the Minoans depict a stylised bee / goddess?​

In 1958 an obscure but scholarly book, Apiculture in the Prehistoric Aegean, suggested that the double axe of the Minoans was actually a stylised bee. This resonates with my own research, which has revealed that archeologists in the Neolithic settlement of Çatalhöyük, Turkey, observed that the double axes they were excavating resembled butterflies, images of which are easily mistaken for bees. (Çatalhöyük contains a wealth of bee symbolism, which I have chronicled in my research and which I discuss in my lectures.)
In other words, the double axes of both cultures appear to have been veiled in similar, if not identical, symbolism. This is intriguing, for DNA has revealed that the people of Çatalhöyük migrated to Minoan Crete. What’s more, the word labrys, derives from the ancient Turkish (Lydian) word for ‘double axe’, and Knossos, the capital of Minoan Crete, was known as the ‘Palace of the Double Axe’. Given that the double axe represents a stylised bee and/or goddess, this renders Knossos not the ‘Palace of the Double Axe’, but rather the ‘Palace of THE BEE (Goddess)’.
This realisation also demands that we re-examine the notion of the ‘Labyrinth’ at Knossos (which I discuss in my lectures), as this word also derives from labrys. Linguistics aside, even on the most cursory of levels the bee’s significance in Knossos is hard to refute. Take, for example, the account of King Minos, whose son drowned in a vat of honey, an illuminating fact whose implications have been largely overlooked.

Jar

One could see how a child could easily drown in one of the gigantic pithoi, or storage jars, used at Knossos © Andrew Gough

This brings us to the assertion that the fleur-de-lis may also have represented a bee, a theory supported by many, including the French physician, antiquary and archaeologist, Jean-Jacques Chifflet. However, to understand how such an iconic symbol could represent a bee, we must first understand the bee’s importance in French culture.
Napoleon Bonaparte, the famed military and political leader of France, ensured that the bee was widely adopted in his court, as well as in the clothing, draperies, carpets and furniture of the country at large. By choosing the bee as the emblem of his reign, Napoleon was paying homage to Childeric (436–481), one of the ‘long-haired’ Merovingian kings of the region known as Gaul. When Childeric’s tomb was uncovered in 1653 it was found to contain 300 golden jewels, styled in the image of a bee, and these are the same bees that Napoleon had affixed to his coronation robe.
Napoleon’s choice of the bee as the national emblem of his imperial rule also spoke volumes about his desire to be associated with the Carolingians and Merovingians, the early French kings whose funerary furniture featured bee and cicada symbolism as a metaphor for resurrection and immortality. The bee was a hugely important icon of Napoleon’s reign and his obsession with its symbolism gave rise to his nickname, the Bee.
The bee was also a vital symbol of French industry and one of the most prominent emblems of the French Revolution (1789–1799). In fact, Louis XII, King of France, was known as the ‘father of the pope’ and had featured a beehive in his coat of arms. And so the bee remained a prominent element of French culture throughout the First and Second Empires (1804-1814 and 1852-1870) due to the enthusiastic patronage it had previously received.
beeas fdl 2

Does the fleur-de-lis represent a bee?​

Despite the plausibility that the fleur-de-lis may symbolise the bee, I had remained skeptical of the possibility until, that is, only recently.
In August 2014 I travelled to Lake Constance, an idyllic setting in the shadow of the Alps, nestled on the borders of Germany, Switzerland and Austria, to present the body of research I call the Hidden Hive of History.
The day after my presentation, on my birthday, I received an unexpected present, for on the shore of Lake Constance, in Konstanz Cathedral, I found a coat of arms that visually associated the bee with the fleur-de-lis.
CoA

Does this Coat of Arms in Konstanz Cathedra represent the fleur-de-lis as a bee? © Andrew Gough​

The coat of arms, one of many in Konstanz Cathedral, depicted six beehives beneath three fleur-de-lis, complete with an entrance to the hive. It even depicted two bees on either side of the hives. Above the image is a gold crown, representing royalty, a concept that has been associated with bees for thousands of years. While many coats of arms depict bees and many, of course, depict the fleur-de-lis, this was the first time I had seen them associated in such an unambiguous fashion.
The coat of arms in Konstanz Cathedral does not prove that the fleur-de-lis symbolises the bee, but it does graphically illustrate that there exists a belief that the bee was, and still is, a vital symbol of our past, present and future. And that is worth remembering.

Back
Top Bottom