Dinovite helped my stinky boxer

Ask-Seek-Knock

Padawan Learner
Hi everyone! I searched and found nothing posted on Dinovite (nutritional supplement for dogs/cats) so I wanted to offer my positive experience with this product in hopes that it could help others that may have a stinky dog like mine. Go to Dinovite.com for complete details. I won't waste space on it here. Disclaimer: I do not work for Dinovite and I am not being paid for this post. :D

I have 3 dogs; 2 Great Danes (males) and a Boxer (female). They all turn 12 this year. It is AMAZING that our danes are still with us considering what we have heard from other owners of danes and from our vet. I attribute the following to their longevity: lots of exercise (when they were younger of course), lots of love and smart supplementation, plus some good luck. :D

My boxer has had horrible skin problems since about 3 or 4 years old. Her ears and paws (top of paws and bottom) get this nasty, stinky, waxy type of black goo on them and her skin use to break out in hives all over and turn into pussy pimples. It was heartbreaking to see. I have psoriasis (see my post on that under Diet and Health) so I could empathize with her.

We had her tested for allergies and of course she was allergic to just about everything Florida climate has to offer, like mold, pollen etc... We gave her allergy shots for almost an entire year but stopped because my husband and I both agreed they were just masking the problem.

We tried all kinds of different dog food with no success. We even tried feeding her a non dog food diet, just lean meats, vegetables, rice, sweet potatoes stuff like that and nothing changed. So, we started supplementing her dog food with probiotics, fish oils and olive oil and that helped a little. Plus I bathe her monthly with Tea Tree Oil soap on her body only (I use no tears shampoo on her head) and Selsun Blue shampoo (with a wash cloth) on her paws. I finish up with a peppermint oil rinse, (10 drops of oil) diluted in a gallon of warm water. Peppermint oil is super strong, holy cow!!!, make sure to only use 10 drops or less if you try it. After her bath she bounces around (doing the kidney bean, other boxer owners will know what I mean) she smells so yummy and doesn't itch for at least a couple days. Oh forgot to mention, I use an ear cleanser from the Vet weekly to monthly and clean them out with cotton balls.

All of that was helping but she was still not completely void of her condition.

Well, for three months now we have been adding one to two scoops of Dinovite to her food and it is working wonders not only on her but on the Great Danes as well. Shedding is minimal to nothing and their coats are super shiny for their age. My boxer's ears and paws are WAY better than before just a tiny bit stinky when she gets close to needing a bath, when before she use to start to really stink just 3 days after her bath.

The month of August is usually a bad month for her and right now she only has about 4 of those pussy pimples when normally she would be covered in them. She is not completely cured but gosh what a difference I can see from prior years. She no longer sits and itches for hours upon hours and that makes me smile even while typing this.

The other day we took one of the Great Danes to the Vet for his yearly exam and everyone was amazed at how great he looks for his age. His teeth, eyes, coat, his alertness etc... all good the Vet said. We have to use a sling to support his back legs in order for him to walk and stand for long periods of time but I think he likes it. I call the sling his Superman Underoos! :lol: I just totally dated myself but I've got to have fun and stay positive or I'll just cry.

I truly hope some if this helps anyone with a stinky dog like mine! Good luck!

I have observed in my own dogs and had reported to me by others as well, that the "stinky-dog" syndrome goes away if one is absolutely scrupulous
about feeding a completely grain (ALL grain--rice--quinoa--etc.) free and dairy free (except for butter) NO vegetable oils of any kind (except olive and coconut)
diet of mostly real meat and a few 20% ish vegetables--make sure the dogs are getting a sufficient amount of fat with their meat. There are some high quality brands of GRAIN-FREE
dog foods available (Origens, Evo, Wellness) that will do to supplement your home made dog food if you are unable to keep up with the prepping.

You might want to cut back on the bathing--other than a cool water rinse--as all those skin "care" products are unnatural in a dog's world and can and do irritate more than they help.

Check out other discussions/threads on this board for more information.
Good luck.

The knowledge that you have to post to this Web site. Like a river that flows along a saw, no holidays. We like to get to know them by sawing it. The knowledge you provide is endless.

Hello Sandyaroma. The two posts you have made so far are incomprehensible. On this Forum we communicate in more direct and literal terms to facilitate understanding, so if you
can clarify your posts it would help us understand what is your point.

Also, we also ask that you introduce yourself on the New Members thread--please tell us a little about yourself and what has attracted you to this Forum.
Thank you and welcome to the SOTT Forum.

shellycheval said:
Hello Sandyaroma. The two posts you have made so far are incomprehensible. On this Forum we communicate in more direct and literal terms to facilitate understanding, so if you
can clarify your posts it would help us understand what is your point.

From what I can get from Sandyaroma's IP address s/he is in Thailand. So I am going to assume that s/he is trying their very best to communicate, but s/he is either using google translate, or is trying very hard by her/himself. That may not be the case, but I'm going to go with this premise for now.

I think that not knowing English and, yet, trying very hard to communicate in it shows just how much someone really likes what we do here. Maybe remembering that there are a lot of people who are reading Laura's material that are in other countries and are trying very hard to be a part of this group.

I will, too, encourage you, Sandyaroma, to post an introduction in the Newbies Board telling us a bit about yourself and how you found the forum. Have you read any of Laura's books/articles?

Nienna
From what I can get from Sandyaroma's IP address s/he is in Thailand. So I am going to assume that s/he is trying their very best to communicate, but s/he is either using google translate, or is trying very hard by her/himself. That may not be the case, but I'm going to go with this premise for now.

I think that not knowing English and, yet, trying very hard to communicate in it shows just how much someone really likes what we do here. Maybe remembering that there are a lot of people who are reading Laura's material that are in other countries and are trying very hard to be a part of this group.

Thanks Nienna for a more complete perspective. I will remember that and consider translation issues first before assuming it is spacy new-age rambling. Also, as I have no way of knowing the source area, I'll wait until the moderators or ambassadors evaluate the post, as they can do a better job of weighing the likelihood of language translation problems.

Sandyaroma--my apologies on misunderstanding the nature of your post--and best wishes in participating on the SOTT forum in the future. :flowers:
shellycheval

shellycheval said:
I have observed in my own dogs and had reported to me by others as well, that the "stinky-dog" syndrome goes away if one is absolutely scrupulous
about feeding a completely grain (ALL grain--rice--quinoa--etc.) free and dairy free (except for butter) NO vegetable oils of any kind (except olive and coconut)
diet of mostly real meat and a few 20% ish vegetables--make sure the dogs are getting a sufficient amount of fat with their meat. There are some high quality brands of GRAIN-FREE
dog foods available (Origens, Evo, Wellness) that will do to supplement your home made dog food if you are unable to keep up with the prepping.

You might want to cut back on the bathing--other than a cool water rinse--as all those skin "care" products are unnatural in a dog's world and can and do irritate more than they help.

Check out other discussions/threads on this board for more information.
Good luck.

I `m not sure about cutting back on the baths for dogs that have skin problems. My experience has been it`s good to get rid of the toxic oils that build up on the skin that cause irritation. I have many dogs that get bathed every 2-4 weeks ( with skin problems)with a special shampoo along with feeding them an all raw meat diet and the results are very positive. I`ll look more into the dinovite. Sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing. :)

shellycheval said:
Nienna

Thanks Nienna for a more complete perspective. I will remember that and consider translation issues first before assuming it is spacy new-age rambling. Also, as I have no way of knowing the source area, I'll wait until the moderators or ambassadors evaluate the post, as they can do a better job of weighing the likelihood of language translation problems.

Sandyaroma--my apologies on misunderstanding the nature of your post--and best wishes in participating on the SOTT forum in the future. :flowers:
shellycheval

Just as an afterthought, this could be a bot as their ramblings are very hard to understand. So I guess we'll just wait and see. :)

Just as an afterthought, this could be a bot as their ramblings are very hard to understand. So I guess we'll just wait and see. :)

Sorry, I am ignorant of a lot of the current tech slang--what is a bot? It sounds like a machine/automated response of some kind?
thanks

shellycheval said:

Sorry, I am ignorant of a lot of the current tech slang--what is a bot? It sounds like a machine/automated response of some kind?
thanks
Yeah, that's pretty much how I understand it.

I have a lab/boxer mix which has itched incessantly since she was a puppy. She also smells bad. I think it's probably due to her receiving puppy vaccines at too early an age. I have tried many things, including Dinovite, which did not work for her. Dinovite did honor their money back if not satisfied, so it is a reputable company. I'm glad it worked for your boxer.

SevenFeathers said:
I have a lab/boxer mix which has itched incessantly since she was a puppy. She also smells bad. I think it's probably due to her receiving puppy vaccines at too early an age. I have tried many things, including Dinovite, which did not work for her. Dinovite did honor their money back if not satisfied, so it is a reputable company. I'm glad it worked for your boxer.

Thanks for your account, SevenFeathers. Since this is your first post, would you like to write an intro into our newbies thread and share a bit about you, how you came across our forum, things like that? This way you'll give us a chance to welcome you aboard properly. :)

SevenFeathers said:

What kind of smell does she have? Is it a "dog smell"? A sort of stinky "wet dog" smell? If so, it could be a fungus, or an yeast infection. There can be other reasons as well, and all of them indeed could be triggered by the immune system being compromised by vaccines, antibiotic use or improper diet. There are all kind of ways to treat a fungus infection, but here are several natural solutions proposed by Dr. Becker, including an explanation of the problem.

https://youtu.be/gl_X1I1GJ1Q

And this:

https://youtu.be/ng3XqDSIvq8

Thanks, Keit. Actually I have read Dr. Becker's articles. She had good information but I still haven't gotten to the bottom of Lena's suffering, although I have tried many things. I won't give up! She's such a good dog.

Keit - Thanks for posting the video from Dr Becker, love her!! A while back, I found her through Dr Mercola's website and completely forgot about her until I saw your post. I believe SHE was the one that recommended using tree tea oil soap and peppermint oil rinses for stinky dogs. I tried to find the print out that I had on the topic but I must have thrown it out. It was posted on my fridge for the longest time but I'm so use to mixing the peppermint oil solution I no longer need to reference the recipe. Thanks again for the reminder. Dr Becker is awesome!

Back
Top Bottom