Cereal Killers - The movie

Starshine

Jedi Master
FOTCM Member
I'm starting the topic on this eye-opening movie about ketogenic diet.

http://www.cerealkillersmovie.com/

I found it really entertaining, informative and well done.

O’Neill – a lean, fit, seemingly healthy 41-year-old man – became interested in diet and health largely because his father suffered a heart attack in middle age, despite being a muscular athlete who followed the “correct” diet recommended by the so-called experts. His research convinced him that fat phobia is misguided and decided to try a low-carb/high-fat diet for four weeks and track his health markers.

We can follow him during this full month, under medical supervision to see the results of the food plan. It includes blood test, measures of weight, body fat and metabolic rate to know his daily caloric consumption. Also a Dna test considering his family background.
He's starting with good bases.
Then he begins the diet. We have a summary of what he will be eating weekly, with fat/prot/carbs ratios.
The reactions of some people to this diet plan are not surprising :)

There's also a really interesting resume of why and how sugar consumption became what it is today. Along with an explanation of how insulin works.
Featuring the background of different speakers who revised their own view on nutrition, like Professor Tim Noakes M.D. who begins by tearing the pages out of what he himself wrote years ago, it gives some respect to critical thinking.

The results are astonishing, and we have an explanation of the importance of the the cholesterol particles size.
He end up losing body fat, gaining lean muscle, increasing resting metabolic rate and improving his workout records.

It really is worth a watch! 1h long.
You can become affiliate once you purchased the film, to help them promote it, they give 20% on every streaming sales.

What do you think about Sott promoting it ?

It is a great documentary! When I share information and certain concepts like the one of cholesterol, I often do it like the way it was approached there. Very easy to digest, but with solid information which makes absolute sense. That is what stays with people. It is available for free for one week, so don't miss this opportunity to watch and recommend it to family and friends:

Watch CEREAL KILLERS for FREE for 7 DAYS

_http://www.cerealkillersmovie.com/7-day-gift

:flowers:

Entertaining and educational documentary. (Another one is Fat heat _http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fat_Head )

It would be good if it was translated into more languages.

Thanks for the link Gaby :)

Great movie, very easy to understand & a great intro for people who are new to the concept of a high fat diet being healthy. I have already passed the link onto a friend. Will post this on Twitter too. Excellent find !!

Prof Tim Noakes is very well known is SA being known as the sports science institute working with professional athletes. He is making big waves here around his HFLC diet creating lots of controversy.

The Western Cape region (he is based in Cape Town) has really adopted his book and recipes. You will go to restaurants here and they will have "Noakes or banting" menus.

Look at his website and book details: http://realmealrevolution.com

I understand his next book will focus on low cost meals because people complain the cost of following his diet is expensive.

Ian

Thanks so much for sharing - watched it the other day and I think it's a great movie. Although the recommended diet is not fully in line with what's recommended here, the fact that the movie is so well done and communicates the most important points in such an entertaining way makes it well worth sharing. Thanks again.

Just watched this, very good! Enjoyable, and maybe as a friendly introduction to the keto diet for those interested.

Americans Exposed to Fertility-Lowering Chemicals in Cheerios, Quaker Oats​

Story at a glance:
  • A pilot study by the Environmental Working Group reveals 80% of Americans tested positive for chlormequat chloride, a pesticide and growth regulator
  • 92% of oat-based foods, including popular brands like Quaker Oats and Cheerios, also contained the chemical
  • The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has proposed expanding chlormequat use to staple grains to increase yields, despite potential health risks
  • Animal studies show chlormequat is linked to reproductive and developmental problems, raising concerns for human health
  • EWG opposes the EPA's plan, urging further investigation, and recommends buying organic oat products to avoid exposure

Attachments

• chlormequat-chloride-pdf.pdf
    185.6 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom