Radio show announcement - New Format: Weekly 'Behind the Headlines Show'

Re: Radio show announcement - New Format: Weekly 'Connecting the Dots'

Perceval said:
That front page is a perfect example of the truth of the idea that the 'Western' media is entirely controlled by 'Western' governments. No objectivity, no investigation, no truth.

More so than Western gubberments, the media are owned by the oligarchs and are used to program and hypnotise the masses to push their agenda & conform public opinion. In the above case, The Courier Mail is a tabloid owned by NewsCorp, one of the Murdoch companies. Truth is served a gag order by these sick psychos, so no, there will be no objectivity, and no investigation.

Arwenn said:
And this is the kind of tripe the newspapers had. It's just so sad, I have no words....

h_51662360.jpg

Is that MH17 on the picture?

Arwenn said:
Perceval said:
That front page is a perfect example of the truth of the idea that the 'Western' media is entirely controlled by 'Western' governments. No objectivity, no investigation, no truth.

More so than Western gubberments, the media are owned by the oligarchs and are used to program and hypnotise the masses to push their agenda & conform public opinion. In the above case, The Courier Mail is a tabloid owned by NewsCorp, one of the Murdoch companies. Truth is served a gag order by these sick psychos, so no, there will be no objectivity, and no investigation.
And the horror is that the people in Australia (and in most parts of the world) follow these lies without questioning anything.
Actually, journalism is a genre of fiction. Maybe it once existed centuries ago, when it was not only a trade / profession embedded in pyramidal monopolistic and oligopolistic firms.

l apprenti de forgeron said:
Actually, journalism is a genre of fiction. Maybe it once existed centuries ago, when it was not only a trade / profession embedded in pyramidal monopolistic and oligopolistic firms.

Really well said, l apprenti de forgeron.

Persej said:
Is that MH17 on the picture?

Yup, the implication for the masses is that Russia did it.

Just wanted to post these 2 YouTube videos from the G20 Summit that I came across when reading Sott articles yesterday.

This one shows Putin arriving at the airpport and boarding his flight. Always the gentleman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bybisJUJ--8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

This one is an RT LIVE interview from Sydney with the Editor in Chief of the Defence and Foreign Affairs Journal, in regard to Obama's speech. Not favourable to him either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrEizRFk2xo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Lindenlea said:
Just wanted to post these 2 YouTube videos from the G20 Summit that I came across when reading Sott articles yesterday.

This one shows Putin arriving at the airpport and boarding his flight. Always the gentleman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bybisJUJ--8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

True that, Lindenlea and good find. Show the nature of the man if he is 'not too big' to shake hands with the plebs.

Lindenlea said:
This one is an RT LIVE interview from Sydney with the Editor in Chief of the Defence and Foreign Affairs Journal, in regard to Obama's speech. Not favourable to him either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrEizRFk2xo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Ok, just about everything that came out of Obama's mouth was a steaming pile of BS. And he must know in himself, as he is speaking this BS, that it is such a load of lies! Everything that he has accused Putin of, he (along with his other gangster politicians) is totally guilty of!! Ugh, what a revolting creature...

Let me see Chicago = the seat of an Israeli influence center ala Rahm Emanuel. Thick as thives. :evil:

The propaganda from a Chicago conference.
Published on May 7, 2014

Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel speaks from the Fairmont Hotel in Chicago on how the military will meet America's (imperialism) challenges.
Defense Secretary Hagel Speaks From the Fairmont Hotel

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-efcJKStN0

Mean while "helps is on the way"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgRjBhGcKtY

I had some time to listen to last Sunday's show. Another great one with lots of laughs.

Another great show today, I enjoyed the interview with Stefan Verstappen, he had some interesting things to say, as well as the callers. I think you're right Joe with one of your last comments, we're in the middle of the Chaos phase or near the end of it!

Looking forward to the next one, big Thanks Niall & Joe :flowers:

Oxajil said:
Another great show today, I enjoyed the interview with Stefan Verstappen, he had some interesting things to say, as well as the callers. I think you're right Joe with one of your last comments, we're in the middle of the Chaos phase or near the end of it!

I completely agree! Everywhere you look these days things are getting increasingly chaotic. Thanks guys for another very interesting show! :)

Anam Cara said:
Oxajil said:

I completely agree! Everywhere you look these days things are getting increasingly chaotic. Thanks guys for another very interesting show! :)

Great interview! The analogy he takes when he describes how the emerald wasp acts is very enlightening.

Great interview with Stefan Verstappen, thank you so much!

One thing I found particularly interesting was his statement that maybe it's not always a good idea to move to the countryside as a strategy for preparation. I think he really made some good points here - perhaps it's really one's own network and the quality of that network that makes the difference, rather than location. In other words, it may be better to live in the city with a great network of people than alone on some remote farm with all the prepper toys. This also ties in with what he said about staying flexible and reacting to circumstances as they unfold - rigid thinking won't help. Anyway, great discussion.

The analogy he takes when he describes how the emerald wasp acts is very enlightening

I agree. What the Jewel Wasp does naturally as a 2D creature, injecting their venom into their cockroach host, to control, feed off and further their species; seems analogous with what the psychopathic elite are doing at the 3D level to humanity. Seeing reality as it truly is - sick and insane, observing the predator before we are too paralyzed to defend ourselves, has to be the prerequisite to make any real change or indeed survive. Unless we are doing the Work and making a conscious effort to understand this 'wetiko' virus, we are like the cockroach 'surrogate mothers' feeding the pathological system by passing on our ignorance to the next generation. Whether it is the increasing number of militarized police forces, acts of cannibalism or folk being 'plugged in' to entertainment / technological devices - the world is sure looking more 'zombie-like' with every passing day. Just as we would put a suffering animal out of it's misery, the BBM has to undergo a 'cyclical cleansing' too, which looks imminent. As Stefan said, "when your roof timbers are all rotten, there is no point putting new shingles on." :)

Insect Body Snatchers -- How the Jewel Wasp Turns Cockroaches into Zombies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-LazA2juIs

If you're a Harry Potter fan, I don't need to tell you what the Imperius curse is. For the rest of you, it's a spell used to control people's minds. Now, if you thought something like this was possible only in J.K. Rowling's world, well here's some news for you. Nature's obviously one step ahead. The Jewel Wasp or 'Emerald Cockroach Wasp' is actually able to control the mind of its prey, the cockroach, by injecting venom directly into its brain.

The secret to the Jewel Wasp's 'captivating' abilities lies in a neurotransmitter called octopamine in the cockroach's brain that controls its movements. The wasp's venom blocks the octopamine, literally converting the cockroach into a zombie. This 'zombie' cockroach is completely unable to fight back as it is pulled by the wasp into its underground lair. If you're wondering why the wasp would go through all this trouble to just eat a cockroach, here's the really weird part -- the cockroach is meant to unwillingly play the part of surrogate mother. The wasp lays an egg into the cockroach's abdomen, and the larva later hatches and eats the live cockroach from inside out. It takes 3 or 4 days for the larva to hatch, after which it slowly feeds on the roach's internal organs, keeping it alive the whole time. This process takes about 7-8 days, during which the meat needs to be fresh for the larva. And because a dead cockroach rots within a day, the wasp prefers the 'stun' method. Once the roach is eaten up completely and it dies, the larva forms a cocoon inside it. A fully-grown wasp emerges from the cockroach carcass a month later.

The Jewel wasp is quite clean and precise in its injection of the venom. It starts by stinging the cockroach around its midsection. By doing this, the front legs are paralyzed. Then, the wasp proceeds to make a more precise sting, injecting the venom directly into the brain to block the octopamine. At this point, the cockroach is still able to move around and can flee if it wants to. But that's the trouble, the venom works on the roach's free will causing it to lose all motivation to run away from potential danger and pain. So now the wasp is pretty much free to coerce the cockroach into the direction of its choice by tugging and guiding its prey. And you know what happens next.

Jewel wasps are normally found in the tropical regions of Africa, India and the Pacific islands. In a single mating session, a female wasp is able to produce enough fertilized eggs to place on several dozens of cockroaches. The phenomenon is so fascinating that scientists have conducted several experiments in an attempt to understand it better. Over the course of several investigations, they've figured out that octopamine is quite similar to noradrenaline in humans, which is involved in the fight-or-flight reaction in the vertebrate brain. They found out that the wasp injects the venom into a very specific area of the roach's brain. So when researchers reversed the process by injecting an octopamine-like substance into the same part of a 'zombie' roach's brain, it resulted in significant recovery and restoration of its free will. Scientists have also observed that the Jewel wasp will sting a cockroach continuously for up to 3 minutes in order to determine the right spot, the sub-esophageal ganglia.

The Jewel wasp is one-of-a-kind, the only known parasite that injects its venom directly into its host's brain. But there are other parasites that control their prey's behavior in several ways. Makes you wonder at how amazing-yet-scary nature is, doesn't it?

Anam Cara said:
at the Jewel wasp will sting a cockroach continuously for up to 3 minutes in order to determine the right spot, the sub-esophageal ganglia.

The Jewel wasp is one-of-a-kind, the only known parasite that injects its venom directly into its host's brain. But there are other parasites that control their prey's behavior in several ways. Makes you wonder at how amazing-yet-scary nature is, doesn't it?

Just on the topic of parasites, and like Stefan said, they are trippy looking 'things': see attached - one image i think is computer generated, the other is via electron microscope:

Apparently the image is of a 'Bacteriophage' - a virus that parasites off bacteria. I found this image a while ago, maybe even from the forum, and the image stuck with me!

Edit: Not sure if because it's a virus, it can't also be a parasite, but either way, hopefully this is of interest.

_http://the-difference-between.com/phage/parasitic
Parasitic vs Phage - What's the difference?
parasitic
English
Adjective
(-)
Pertaining to a biological or symbolic parasite.
Drawing upon another organism for sustenance.
Exploiting another for personal gain.
Noun
(en-noun)
(computing) Component of a circuit that does not show up in a circuit's schematic but does show up in the circuit's behavior.

phage
English
Noun
Hans-Wolfgang Ackermann: [http://mansfield.osu.edu/~sabedon/bgnws014.htm Phage or phages]. Bacteriophage Ecology Group (BEG) News, vol 14, 2002-10-01"The plural word phages' refers to different types of phage, whereas in common usage the word ' phage can be both singular and plural, referring in the plural sense to particles of the same type of phage." Maloy et al: Microbial Genetics, 2nd ed., 1984, ISBN 9780867202489, p. 81
(microbiology|virology) A virus that is parasitic to bacteria.
Synonyms
* bacteriophage
References
* (pedialite)
See also
* virophage
Anagrams

Attachments

• bacteriophage electron microscope.jpg
    bacteriophage electron microscope.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 107
  • here is the real one.jpg