Spaceships and a wolf

skycsil

Jedi Master
I had this dream a few days ago, it was one of those very vivid, intense dreams, it had been a while since I last dreamt something this vivid but in fact it was really short in time. I'm on the road into a car, traveling across a large field at night. I look at the sky and suddenly notice lots of large rounded shaped ships, moving really fast as they get closer, describing an arch. Then I realise I'm able to see things that are far away in all their small detail (the field, the grass, a fence that's miles away) but what disturbed me the most was a feeling of total hopelesness, knowing that we lost the battle. Then I woke up feeling really strange like I wasn't entirely myself, actually mentioned that to my partner who was still awake. The thing is that I acted like a total jerk to him who lost his sleep and kept me company after the dream, which of course made me feel guilty and inconsiderate the day after. The dream also scared him a little, because he had similar dreams in the past. I used too but that changed years ago as soon as I stopped eating gluten, so it took me completely by surprise.
A few hours ago I fell asleep again, had an even shorter dream about a wolf, I think it was white or light grey who was just sitting on the snow, and nothing else happened in the dream, but I awoke feeling "reseted" to myself again.
Two other strange things that may be related (or not) to the dream was a deja vu I had a few hours before going to bed, and finding the TV heavily magnetized the day after.

Any thoughts, mirrors, any help on this will be much appreciated.

The impression that I get from reading this is that you experienced something that I have experienced in a different situation.

This sense of being able to see all things with unusual clarity. My understanding has led me to believe that this experience occurs when your soul has expanded to include all things outside of your physical body. This can cause stress if you are not prepared for the experience because we are so accustomed to the limits that our physicality imposes upon us.

Obviously that sense of being outside of yourself lingered into your waking reality as well since you stated that you didn't feel like yourself upon waking.

In my experience when the fear of losing yourself, or losing your id, occurs there is a tendency to distrust everything that is around you. There is a tendency to distrust all of the senses that you have thus far taken for granted. There can also be a profound sense of loss. The loss of your finite self can be very frightening. It can leave you feeling very disconnected from the physical world.

I do not think that you need to read too much into the imagery of the dream as far as the ships are concerned. To me it seems that they were your mind's representation of a dramatic change in consciousness. They were the vehicles that brought this new awareness to you. The arch is a dynamic figure and can represent travel and motion.

The second dream about the wolf is the one that I would focus more of my energy on, if I were you. Obviously the wolf represents your higher self, the part of you that is one with the cosmos, the physical cosmos as well as the spiritual. To some this would be your spirit animal, the wolf is there to guide you and protect you and to give you a safe haven when you feel disconnected from yourself. That is why you felt "reseted" to yourself again.

I would bet that, if you tried, you can now begin to achieve that sense of soul expansion in your waking life by using the imagery of the wolf as a lodestone, or anchor, to your physical self. If you allow the wolf to show you how to do this.

Not many people are able to conceive their spirit animal in such a way and I think that you should take these dreams as a sign of your evolving and expanding consciousness.

One question that I would ask is, what does the snow represent to you? To some snow and ice represent stagnation and stillness. To others, myself included, snow and ice represent latent potential.

I hope that makes sense to you, but if you feel that it is totally off-base then please let me know.

As a side note, I praise you for making the decision to be gluten free. Be aware that such a drastic change in diet can take years to manifest in your consciousness.

Thanks a lot for the replies, thought the topic would go unnoticed!

truth seeker said:
Hi skycsil,

Is there anything in your life that you feel you are currently battling/trying to get away from?

Well, a lot actually! I feel stuck in so many ways, in both the work and my ordinary life. Going through a divorce and all that implies, trying to make enough money to pay the rent and bring food to the table while taking care of the kids, being away from my family, and a long complicated etcetera. You totally nailed on this, but I'm courios why you ask?

[quote author=Mikha'el]Not many people are able to conceive their spirit animal in such a way and I think that you should take these dreams as a sign of your evolving and expanding consciousness.

One question that I would ask is, what does the snow represent to you? To some snow and ice represent stagnation and stillness. To others, myself included, snow and ice represent latent potential.
[/quote]

Honestly, I don't really feel I'm expanding my consciousness a lot lately, but I'll take that into consideration. As for your question, I've always enjoyed snow. There's this Tori Amos song that goes "feel a little warmth in my heart when I think of winter" that I can completely relate, lol. Had the chance to visit Europe a few years back (I'm from South America) and realised that southern Europe made me feel kind of phisically sick, while the colder it was and norther I got my energy levels seemed restored, snow and arctic wind and all, so snow for me means peace and wellness and a lot of good things.
The wolf dream was somehow both warming and refreshing actually, it was as if I was looking at the wolf objectively, without judgement of any kind, but I felt related to the wolf somehow. Not easy to put in words, but let's sum up saying it was a pleasant dream.

skycsil said:
truth seeker said:
Hi skycsil,

Is there anything in your life that you feel you are currently battling/trying to get away from?

Well, a lot actually! I feel stuck in so many ways, in both the work and my ordinary life. Going through a divorce and all that implies, trying to make enough money to pay the rent and bring food to the table while taking care of the kids, being away from my family, and a long complicated etcetera. You totally nailed on this, but I'm courios why you ask?

There was something about this bit that caught my attention:

skycsil said:
Then I realise I'm able to see things that are far away in all their small detail (the field, the grass, a fence that's miles away) but what disturbed me the most was a feeling of total hopelesness, knowing that we lost the battle.
I kind of broadened the word battle to be a symbol of your life and have a general feeling of hopelessness towards it. As if you feel powerless to change aspects of it, so I decided to ask.

What's interesting about the above quote is that it seems to point to perspective which is a good thing if this is accurate because it means that you hold the key to change by viewing yourself and your life differently. This is of course, easier said than done.

So, just guessing, but maybe you are worried about the "small detail"s (the choices that need to be made) that will affect the "far away" (future).

Not sure about the wolf, but maybe it represents an aspect of you that accepts yourself as you are, warts and all, without judgement. Perhaps you are trying to give yourself a message that says "It's okay to make mistakes" and "Don't be so hard on yourself".

How did you feel when you were on the road in the car?

truth seeker said:
So, just guessing, but maybe you are worried about the "small detail"s (the choices that need to be made) that will affect the "far away" (future).

Not sure about the wolf, but maybe it represents an aspect of you that accepts yourself as you are, warts and all, without judgement. Perhaps you are trying to give yourself a message that says "It's okay to make mistakes" and "Don't be so hard on yourself".

Coincidentally, last night I came across this article: _http://zenhabits.net/the-incredible-power-of-contentment
I tend to take anything that looks like self-help with a grain of salt, this portion of the text actually resonated with my current situation:

You might say, “But my life is crap! Of course I’m going to be unhappy!” And I hear you: I’ve had those times when my job wasn’t going well, when my relationships weren’t going well, when my finances were very bad, when I was overweight, when my life was a mess.

But listen to this: I’ve had those conditions at several points in my life. And sometimes, I was unhappy in those kinds of conditions. And others, I was happy and content. So I’ve come to the conclusion — and it’s proven true time and again — that it’s not the conditions that make me unhappy, but my choice of thoughts, of attitude, of behavior.

What behaviors and thoughts and attitudes were different between my times of unhappiness and happiness? When I was unhappy, I focused on all the bad things in my life. Not only that, but I continually thought about how bad they were, and would complain, and would ask, “Why me?” I would let myself sink into inaction and eventually depression. I would be grumpy and cause those around me to be unhappy. That, in turn, only made the situation worse. It certainly didn’t help my job.

So, maybe the key here would be to make a greater effort in seeing reality objectibly just as I saw that wolf. Not necessarily as a "bad thing" but as a priceless opportunity for learning and experiencing things that are far out of my comfort zone. And boy, am I being pushed out of my comfort zone quite a bit! Even in my job as a tattoo artist, I'm taking tattoos that I would have normally reject due to not being sure of my own skills (even with over 6 years of experience and an Art degree) which leads to improve and learn a lot. And that can be applied to many other aspects of my ordinary life.

Your interpretation certainly helped me to view things on a new perspective, I'm so grateful for that! Thanks! :hug2:
Hope this little post can also help others in a similar situation.

skycsil said:
Thanks a lot for the replies, thought the topic would go unnoticed!

truth seeker said:
Hi skycsil,

[quote author=Mikha'el]Not many people are able to conceive their spirit animal in such a way and I think that you should take these dreams as a sign of your evolving and expanding consciousness.

Honestly, I don't really feel I'm expanding my consciousness a lot lately, but I'll take that into consideration. As for your question, I've always enjoyed snow. There's this Tori Amos song that goes "feel a little warmth in my heart when I think of winter" that I can completely relate, lol. Had the chance to visit Europe a few years back (I'm from South America) and realised that southern Europe made me feel kind of phisically sick, while the colder it was and norther I got my energy levels seemed restored, snow and arctic wind and all, so snow for me means peace and wellness and a lot of good things.
The wolf dream was somehow both warming and refreshing actually, it was as if I was looking at the wolf objectively, without judgement of any kind, but I felt related to the wolf somehow. Not easy to put in words, but let's sum up saying it was a pleasant dream.
[/quote]

So, is it possible that the wolf sitting in a field of snow is your inner self telling you to calm your mind? To act from a place of stillness? To possibly allow these things that you perceive as negative to run their course without you getting in the way?

Also bear in mind that after winter comes the spring.

Laura and the C's have stated many times that we experience times of sickness or perceived negativity because we are experiencing growth and/or expansion on a genetic level, that the discomfort associated with these periods can be meditated upon in order to bring about greater understanding of ourselves and our motives. They state that the increases in physical stress is a direct result of our growth, and vice versa. It is not always easy to perceive growth as it is occurring. Most times we don't realize how beneficial a certain circumstance was for us until years later.

You mentioned some things that you are going through that you perceive as disruptive and unhealthy, perhaps that is just your interpretation and may not accurately reflect reality.

I would ask this: What is going on in your life that you would perceive as positive? I know for a fact that your choice in changing your diet was a huge step in taking control of your mind and emotions and should not be underestimated. Have you considered that the perceived negatives in your life are a direct result of your decision to make more positive choices?

When the C's say that knowledge protects, not a lot of people offer up their definition of what that means, to me it means that when you have acquired certain knowledge and have acknowledged it as personal truth, your life has no choice but to fall in line with that truth. If you want it to or not makes no difference.

Your awareness has been expanding, all of us here are experiencing that, just from the simple fact of being here and ingesting the material contained herein. Like I stated before this can actually be a scary process as your expanding consciousness shows you things that you may not have been prepared to see. Again, your inner wolf is telling you that this is normal and that the approach that would be best for you is to act from a place of calm and stillness as represented by the snow/ice.

When interpreting dreams, there are no universal answers to the imagery they present. There can be common threads or images but ultimately it is how you feel about that imagery that really determines what it means.

I would ask this: What is going on in your life that you would perceive as positive? I know for a fact that your choice in changing your diet was a huge step in taking control of your mind and emotions and should not be underestimated. Have you considered that the perceived negatives in your life are a direct result of your decision to make more positive choices?

The diet change was something I had to do because my health was very poor at the time. Everything I ate would make me sick, so I didn't have a lot of choice.

Of course there are a lot of things to be grateful for, I should focus more in the small victories and try not to judge myself so hard. Sometimes we wish to see results fast and it's not so easy to calm down and just relax.

skycsil said:

The diet change was something I had to do because my health was very poor at the time. Everything I ate would make me sick, so I didn't have a lot of choice.

Of course there are a lot of things to be grateful for, I should focus more in the small victories and try not to judge myself so hard. Sometimes we wish to see results fast and it's not so easy to calm down and just relax.

I think that you are in a proper mind frame. Don't sweat the small stuff, you know?

I will say that, for whatever reason, you made the decision about your diet and you have stuck to it, that is no small accomplishment.

Back
Top Bottom