The Syrian Diary: Russian Documentary

Siberia said:
I noticed that the Syrian female reporter, Yara, was speaking English in the film and decided to search for the whole version of her story in English. I couldn't find anything about her at first ...
I also found the story of Yara Saleh - the journalist from The Syrian Diary. It is curious, but BBC made their own documentary based on her story and.. deleted it. Only the text still can be found at their website: a miserable, disgusting BS.

But there is still a short fragment of BBC interview with Yara on YouTube:

Another fragment, first 5-6 minutes of the 2-part documentary is still available at Guardian (posted one day after the above linked article with the video removed):

_http://www.theguardian.com/media/video/2013/feb/11/syrian-regime-state-tv-station-video

But I found the whole film.

Both parts together in one video with over a minute of a blank screen in between. Not sure it's really worth watching though (I did watch it). Basically, the BBC Arabic reporter visits the studio of Syrian News Channel (Al-Ikhbariyah Syria), accompanies some of its journalists during, and after, their work hours and goes with one of them, Ruba Al-Hajali, during her days off to visit her family as she does every weekend. He tries hard to make them admit they work for Assad and do what is demanded of them. They all stand their ground despite his traps.

At the end, he asks why they don't question the government, officials, and he seems unable to understand the answer: that's not the right time to do it. That's time for supporting their legal government and its army, so to free the country from domestic and foreign terrorists first. Only then, with peace regained and their own - as the media - safety, the politics along with officials' mistakes can be brought up and dealt with. Here the BBC report cannot help himself and makes a snappy remark: "Why would they wait till tomorrow to start asking the questions? Government policy of today seems to remain unchallenged across Syrian official media."

Do they broadcast propaganda? Sure they do. The people, the Syrian army need it. They need hope and encouragement. But, imo, Al-Ikhbariyah's 'propaganda' is nothing like the opposite one, nothing like Western shameless lies driven by grid and inhumanity.

At the very end we learn from the video that after the BBC reporter left Syria, Al-Ikhbariyah has been taken off of Arab and European satellite feeds under EU and Arab League sanctions imposed on Syria. So it has switched to a Russian satellite and the Internet.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, here it is:

Syria - Reporting for Al-Assad - 47 min (9 February 2013)
_http://www.journeyman.tv/67065/documentaries/reporting-for-alassad.html

While searching for the 'documentary' I came across Thierry Meyssan's interview with Yara where she talks about being kidnapped:
_http://www.voltairenet.org/article175486.html

Arwenn said:
I am really surprised that they let her go, given the atrocities that were documented in The Syrian Diary. Journalists are obviously targets and a major threat to the web of lies constructed by the PTB.

Here is Yara's account on how it has happened that some of them managed to escape:
_http://www.sampsoniaway.org/sw-daily/2014/06/17/former-syrian-prisoners-in-their-own-voices-yara-saleh-journalist/

Possibility of Being said:
<snip>

Arwenn said:
I am really surprised that they let her go, given the atrocities that were documented in The Syrian Diary. Journalists are obviously targets and a major threat to the web of lies constructed by the PTB.

Here is Yara's account on how it has happened that some of them managed to escape:
_http://www.sampsoniaway.org/sw-daily/2014/06/17/former-syrian-prisoners-in-their-own-voices-yara-saleh-journalist/

Thanks for that PoB, great find. So they escaped (just barely) to the safety of the Syrian Army- I have no doubt that they would not have been released otherwise. It is interesting that these mercenaries are from various other places- amazing what the promise of drugs, money, ammo and sex (forcibly imposed on the captured) can do to lure these soul-less critters.

A good number of these armed men were not Syrian. They were Saudis and one was Libyan. The Syrians were from different areas. We couldn’t find out more because they didn’t allow us to ask, to talk, to do anything. I would get hit if I wanted to go to the bathroom. But we could tell from the accents and style of speaking where they were from.
Syrian prisoners in their own voices

Thank you for posting the video. Truly horrific! So much destruction and for what??? So that those pathological deviants and their überlords can feast on the suffering of human beings.

This video was made more than 2 years ago and this has only led to even greater destruction. I wonder what is left of Syria, apart from the human spirit to live, which is most important.

I also think of the fact that the same destruction has been heaped on Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya and Ukraine. When will this madness stop?

Aeneas said:
Thank you for posting the video. Truly horrific! So much destruction and for what??? So that those pathological deviants and their überlords can feast on the suffering of human beings.

This video was made more than 2 years ago and this has only led to even greater destruction. I wonder what is left of Syria, apart from the human spirit to live, which is most important.

I also think of the fact that the same destruction has been heaped on Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya and Ukraine. When will this madness stop?

It's absolutely disgusting. It really puts certain things into perspective: like how Gadaffi, Assad, Putin, and others responded to the EXACT same phenomena in their country. And how the West then used their response to categorize them as bloodthirsty dictators. No, IMO these Western-backed mercenary monsters deserved what they got...

Aeneas said:
It's horrible.
Perhaps this will stop when the suffering of the people be so unbearable that passivity (and false hopes) no longer takes place, but the only open alternative be confront the psychopathic / pathological evil. Of course, for that is also needed that people can listening to other voices that can tell to them the origin of evil...I prefer a rebellion of normal people everywhere before that the changes be only by natural disasters, epidemics, etc. But surely catastrophes and revolutions are closely linked, like it has happened in other cycles of disasters during the human evolution.
It seems there is no other alternative that millions of people continue dying by the PTB actions, and then (now, and since long ago) the responses of the universe with more deaths, to get people take action and do something against the inhuman corruption of the powerful elite. It's very sad.

Back
Top Bottom