Interstellar

Super, then I will wait NASA to save me from the cataclysm, in the style of Bruce Willis and Armageddon. With many many emotions.
I do not have to try to figure it out, I can just feel the negative energy in the whole movie.

Hi Lamadu,
All movies are propaganda for something or another. The thing is that it's just a movie, and science-fiction movie above all. One can watch a movie with a mental filter, enjoy a fictional show. If there is a lesson of some sort, that's good, if there isn't, that's a lesson in itself at some level. When we have a strong emotional reaction to something, which can be a movie, music, a play, or a book, it is sometimes good to stop an reflect on why that something triggered such a reaction. Very often it leads to some interesting discoveries.

Lamadu said:
We will quote Laura. Have you read the materials of Laura?
- First around the film extends NASA names. We present a unique as saviors of humanity surrounded by a lot of emotions.
- Then claim that gravity exists only in three dimensions, while Cassiopeiaн, as I remember confirmed that gravity extends across all density and dimensions.
.. and so on

In fact, the movie said just the opposite about gravity and it was a major plot point that the main character could manipulate gravity through time to some degree. There were also other ideas, like "us in the future", love being a force that transcends everything, higher dimensional reality etc. If you watch the movie with an open mind, it is actually surprising how much of it is similar to what the C's say.

The fact that the movie was American-centric is admittedly somewhat of a weakness. But it is realistic in that there are currently only 3 or 4 nations that are able to send people into space.

Just saw this news article and remembered Cooper's (Matthew McConaughey) role:

http://news360.com/digestarticle/65OgCTyeQUCQthd_t6_quw#

I saw this movie around the time it came out, and I enjoyed it. Not many movies I care to see at the theater, this one stood out though as one to go see. Had the characteristic drawn out Hollywood happyish ending but I thought the acting was good, and was interested through out. It definitely pulled at the heartstrings in parts.

Important to watch with a discerning eye, but as others have mentioned in this thread (which has been enjoyable to read) the similarities between some of the concepts in the movie and the C's material were really compelling.

I went to see this movie this past weekend with my girlfriend. I found the ending of the movie particularly moving. There were quite a few sniffles in the audience during the last half hour or so of the movie, including myself.

My girlfriend had an extremely interesting observation about this movie which ties into the C's "we are you in the future" comments throughout the transcripts:

The message is: "YOU are who you have been waiting for."

I thought this observation was profound.

Commentary:

I thought the acting was generally mediocre with the exception of Matthew McConaughey, who was incredible. Some of the science was amazing (worm hole and black hole rendering), some was completely bogus (searching for a habitable world in orbit around a black hole and floating ice clouds...) But if Hollywood created a scientifically accurate SF movie, they would have to call it "2001".

rs said:
Some of the science was amazing (worm hole and black hole rendering), some was completely bogus (searching for a habitable world in orbit around a black hole and floating ice clouds...) But if Hollywood created a scientifically accurate SF movie, they would have to call it "2001".

Well, about worm holes: the current consensus seems to be that 'natural' wormholes would collapse as soon as you entered them. But since this one was 'constructed', it may be different.

The habitable world around a black hole - yeah, that was kind of out there (especially since 7 earth years passed by within 1 hour on that planet), but I guess if that was the only chance to save humanity, it would be worth a try.

The floating ice clouds are actually possible if the density of the atmosphere is higher than that of the ice clouds - however it is not very likely. That's also the part that the science advisor for the movie thought was least realistic:

ScienceInsider interviewed Kip Thorne (who is a "renowned theoretical physicist at the California Institute of Technology in Pasadena and one of the world’s leading experts in the astrophysical predictions of general relativity", scientific consultant and executive producer of Interstellar, and author of The Science of Interstellar):

Q: Is there anywhere the moviemakers strayed outside your guidelines?

A: Not seriously. The one place where I am the least comfortable is on [a] planet where they have these ice clouds. These structures go beyond what I think the material strength of ice would be able to support. But I’d say if that’s the most egregious violation of physical law, they’ve done very, very well. There’s some artistic license there. Every time I watch the movie, that’s the one place where I cringe. I don’t think I’ve ever told anybody that.

You really think that the Illuminati will allow, according cassiopean material to be made into a movie?

Lamadu said:
You really think that the Illuminati will allow, according cassiopean material to be made into a movie?

I think that's an overly simplistic way of looking at how things happen on this planet. I don't think there's some Illuminati censor going over scripts and saying, "Gotta take that out, it's from the Cs!" I think it's probably more subtle and complex than that. Some artists may have an inspiration (like the Wachowskis or numerous others), and present that inspiration in a way that studio executives like. It then gets made into a film.

What is the "illuminati" anyway? Do we even know it exists? Is it some monolithic conspiracy, or is it something more along the lines of an ideological agreement between similarly pathological individuals, as Lobaczewski describes a pathocracy? How does media control operate in practice? Sure, there will be some overt censorship, e.g., with classified material and issues of 'national security', but the vast majority of censorship is done using regular social mechanisms, e.g., self-censorship based on the perceived reactions of others, suggestive hints, etc.

Take Israel. There will never be a major Hollywood movie portraying Palestinians as good and Israelis as bad. Because anyone who wants to make such a film knows it will not get funded. But there are plenty of movies and TV shows that show the same dynamics, without ever 'spelling it out'.

A better way of framing it might be: "Do you really think that some movies contain truth?" To which I would answer with a firm YES. Some of that material may resemble material from Laura and the Cs. Some may resemble material gleaned from the Laura's research and here on the forum.

Well put, AI.

I saw the movie a couple of days ago and also really enjoyed it. I was surprised at the number of concepts from the C's that were illustrated on the big screen. I was thinking about the idea of whether or not the filmmakers were some how keyed in to what the C's have been disseminating, but I think it may be more subtle than that. I think it just represents the current thinking in science, specifically the characteristics of higher densities. It may be that this channel, and the work done here, has brought more truth into the collective unconscious, for lack of a better term, and the filmmakers are simply tuned in to the latest research.

That said, I thought the scene where McConaughey's character entered the black hole was truly jaw-dropping. Probably the best 3D beings like us can conceptualize 4D, and to see it illustrated on film was really inspiring! I also really liked the concept that love is a very real force in the universe and that, at our level, we can't really have much more than a glimpse of it. I'd never thought about it in the way that the film portrayed it and it has sent my brain in many different directions as a result. That's the most I can ask for in a movie. Big thumbs up!

dugdeep said:
Well put, AI.

I saw the movie a couple of days ago and also really enjoyed it. I was surprised at the number of concepts from the C's that were illustrated on the big screen. I was thinking about the idea of whether or not the filmmakers were some how keyed in to what the C's have been disseminating, but I think it may be more subtle than that. I think it just represents the current thinking in science, specifically the characteristics of higher densities. It may be that this channel, and the work done here, has brought more truth into the collective unconscious, for lack of a better term, and the filmmakers are simply tuned in to the latest research.

That said, I thought the scene where McConaughey's character entered the black hole was truly jaw-dropping. Probably the best 3D beings like us can conceptualize 4D, and to see it illustrated on film was really inspiring! I also really liked the concept that love is a very real force in the universe and that, at our level, we can't really have much more than a glimpse of it. I'd never thought about it in the way that the film portrayed it and it has sent my brain in many different directions as a result. That's the most I can ask for in a movie. Big thumbs up!

I entirely agree and I also was very moved by the point that what takes Cooper to the place where he can experience 4D is through the ultimate STO deed - the willingness to sacrifice his own life due to love.

Although it was a bit sugar coated at the end, that was a small price to pay for what I consider to be one of the best sci-fi movies in a very long time, IMO.

Saw the movie yesterday and I have to say I really enjoyed it! One of the best sci-fi movies in the last couple of years. Some of the concepts (like his whole experience of the black hole!) were really hard to understand but I'm glad they were included in the movie.

Were the 5D beings them in the future? Was that the big revelation?

[spoilers in my post if you haven't read the thread or seen the movie]

luke wilson said:
Saw the movie yesterday and I have to say I really enjoyed it! One of the best sci-fi movies in the last couple of years. Some of the concepts (like his whole experience of the black hole!) were really hard to understand but I'm glad they were included in the movie.

Were the 5D beings them in the future? Was that the big revelation?

Yes, I had to watch it twice to really understand the timeline of events and the idea of love across time/space/gravity. The first time through was definitely bit of a whirlwind and the tesseract scene happens quite fast for how long the movie is. I also had a very weird feeling after watching it both times but more the first time. I'm not really sure how to put it other than excitement and depression all wrapped up into one feeling but I definitely connected with the movie at some level whereas most movies I do not like this. The scenes where cooper is watching his children grow but hes not getting older like them were really hard to get through, I kind of lost it both times watching the movie at these points. I'm guessing its because he made an irreversible choice that was selfish (sort of?) to go on the mission and leave his children/family behind but now that he is committed its no longer about him and he has to succeed.

Rise said:
I also had a very weird feeling after watching it both times but more the first time. I'm not really sure how to put it other than excitement and depression all wrapped up into one feeling but I definitely connected with the movie at some level whereas most movies I do not like this. The scenes where cooper is watching his children grow but hes not getting older like them were really hard to get through, I kind of lost it both times watching the movie at these points. I'm guessing its because he made an irreversible choice that was selfish (sort of?) to go on the mission and leave his children/family behind but now that he is committed its no longer about him and he has to succeed.

Felt like I also really had to concentrate on holding it together during the very scene you mentioned. A moving scene.

Also remember feeling a little odd that evening after the movie, like there was a slight change in my usual awareness (all that exposure to time travel/transcending time maybe? heh). I think the evening stands out more in general, because my brother (who I went to see the movie with) and who I only see once or twice a year, was leaving the next day. At one point in the evening after the movie, I remember observing a moment that lasted a couple minutes or so, as if from a removed distance. I was noticing how identified (I think that's the right word) my parents and brother seemed as they were talking, how things just kind of happen--noticing how often the details of a moment like that go unnoticed or are forgotten. Was also thinking of how it would soon be a memory of the past and that I would be reflecting on it, in the future. Difficult to put to words, hope that made some sense! A little bizarre because I do reflect back on that moment, since it contrasts with my usual state of awareness.

Thought I'd also add-that night after the movie, I remember noticing the moon had a ring with bands of color like a rainbow around it (the colors of the rainbow that I could see were very very faint). An interesting phenomenon, from what I found out its called a moon halo or moon ring.

I saw it last night and thought it was very good. Aside from the science fiction elements, I thought it was interesting on an emotional level, e.g. the power of love of a parent and daughter across great distances of time and space. Also interesting, though I won’t give the plot details away and spoil it, was the ethical question of when people will or will not do things for the greater good of humanity, when it may come at the cost of not doing what is best for one’s closest companions, or in the purely selfish case, what is best just for one’s own continued existence.

It was much better than I expected after just watching the trailer for it. It is kind of epic in scope (nearly 3 hours), with quite slow pacing and a lot of orchestral-like organ? music in the soundtrack. Right near the start of the movie, and at a few other places, there was some very loud music in the soundtrack. I wondered half-seriously if this was intended to “shock” viewers and put them in a suggestible frame of mind.

I did come out of the screening in a very good mood, so I think this movie is good for some positive dissociation. I don’t think you will actually learn anything new about wormholes or blackholes or the relativity of time, but it was fun to see these visualized on the screen. Another good thing about it was they managed to make a sci-fi movie without excessive use of violence, fights, explosions etc.

Back
Top Bottom