'Awakened conscience', DOing, and achieving CRITICAL MASS

goyacobol said:
And Stephan I hope you don't think we are picking on you. Some of methods you mentioned seemed a little lacking in external consideration but I have the same problem myself sometimes wanting think of ways to reach people or try to wake them up realizing the "time" is short. I is probably one of our most difficult aspects to deal with. Those dang serpents are pretty darn wise sometimes. :/

I, too, wondered if Stephan perhaps felt 'picked on' or wrongly construed, but since he largely went silent after getting more feedback, we just can't know. The following session excerpt speaks to the value of good feedback and exercising the wherewithal to make it into something constructive.

Q: (Menrva) So when they mentioned connecting chakras, like what we're doing now with talking around the kitchen table in the morning, we have our In the Loop meetings... We're bringing things to the table that are bothering us, like programs and stuff. I mean, continue doing that, and work on ourselves individually, and that's...?

A: Absolutely!!! Do not underestimate the power of sincere and accurate feedback combined with exercises of self-discipline. All of you just recall where you were about 5 years ago and compare to now. Want to regress, or keep rising?!? The template exists, so it will be faster for all of you there. But do not forget the rule: You must work to put others on the step you have just left!

Since most forumites do not live with each other, this here is, for all intents and purposes, our 'table' where we get to give feedback as well as we can - and receive feedback as well as we can. And as a result, continue to grow from the process.

Exercises of 'self-discipline'? What does this mean?? On one level, it seems like just being a good householder, doing the diet, EE, cold showers, acquiring true knowledge, and working to put folks on the step behind you - requires a good deal of self-discipline. It takes a fair amount of will and focus to get on track with any one of these practices, let alone all of them, after all. And we aren't perfect. We sometimes slip.

On another level, being receptive to feedback and engaging the process even when it isn't all fun (to state it mildly), is, I think, another form that self-discipline takes. How full is one's cup? How willing is one to sit with the feedback that suggests that their thinking on something, or their approach to various things, can use some fine-tuning? Or a even a complete re-working as the case may be?

Ennio said:
goyacobol said:
And Stephan I hope you don't think we are picking on you. Some of methods you mentioned seemed a little lacking in external consideration but I have the same problem myself sometimes wanting think of ways to reach people or try to wake them up realizing the "time" is short. I is probably one of our most difficult aspects to deal with. Those dang serpents are pretty darn wise sometimes. :/

I, too, wondered if Stephan perhaps felt 'picked on' or wrongly construed, but since he largely went silent after getting more feedback, we just can't know. The following session excerpt speaks to the value of good feedback and exercising the wherewithal to make it into something constructive.

Q: (Menrva) So when they mentioned connecting chakras, like what we're doing now with talking around the kitchen table in the morning, we have our In the Loop meetings... We're bringing things to the table that are bothering us, like programs and stuff. I mean, continue doing that, and work on ourselves individually, and that's...?

A: Absolutely!!! Do not underestimate the power of sincere and accurate feedback combined with exercises of self-discipline. All of you just recall where you were about 5 years ago and compare to now. Want to regress, or keep rising?!? The template exists, so it will be faster for all of you there. But do not forget the rule: You must work to put others on the step you have just left!

Since most forumites do not live with each other, this here is, for all intents and purposes, our 'table' where we get to give feedback as well as we can - and receive feedback as well as we can. And as a result, continue to grow from the process.

Exercises of 'self-discipline'? What does this mean?? On one level, it seems like just being a good householder, doing the diet, EE, cold showers, acquiring true knowledge, and working to put folks on the step behind you - requires a good deal of self-discipline. It takes a fair amount of will and focus to get on track with any one of these practices, let alone all of them, after all. And we aren't perfect. We sometimes slip.

On another level, being receptive to feedback and engaging the process even when it isn't all fun (to state it mildly), is, I think, another form that self-discipline takes. How full is one's cup? How willing is one to sit with the feedback that suggests that their thinking on something, or their approach to various things, can use some fine-tuning? Or a even a complete re-working as the case may be?

Ennio,

That is a great quote (Session 26 April 2014) . The emphasis on self-discipline is crucial I think if we are to ever reach "CRITICAL MASS". And "being receptive to feedback and engaging the process even when it isn't all fun (to state it mildly)" is a kind of self-discipline for sure I think. I have seen many forum members retreat or drop out when it reaches a point where they have to re-think or reconsider their personal view versus an almost collective view that is mirrored back to them. For me I have come to appreciate the "forum mirror" as I like to think of it.

I think for the most part that the attempts of forum members has been done in a "gentle" way. We are not always perfect but isn't that what we are working on now? We are hopefully growing to the point that we all come across to each other as real people on a "virtual" forum trying to find real solutions for ourselves and each other.

Trying to connect "heart chakras" it seems requires at least "external consideration", honesty, patience, kindness/gentleness and courage sometimes.
It's kind of a tall order for anyone I would say. It is kind like a "steady as she goes" mode because we are all on various steps (not sure which one I am on) and have different backgrounds and programs to change or eliminate.

To quote the same session (Session 26 April 2014)

All of you just recall where you were about 5 years ago and compare to now. Want to regress, or keep rising?!?

I AM A THOUGHT CRIMINAL!

Guilty as charged, yer 'onner..

Ennio, what a great thread this is. It gives me strength to read items like the SOTT excerpt you gave.
Thank you.

This is absolutely fantastic thread indeed! :perfect: Thanks everyone for shearing.

Although I'm a relatively new member of this forum, I'd like to suggest something in order to help those who struggle with their inability to start being more active.

For the past few days I was desperately trying to find some threads on this forum to share my thoughts or knowledge, but every time I was about to write something, I found someone' else replay that was more or less in line with what I wanted to say. Not only this. Many times I was discouraged by the quality, accuracy or soundness of many already provided arguments. These issues together with the fact that I'm not a native English speaker prompted a situation, when I simply gave up thinking I may as well just do what I have been doing for the past years: just read and stay quiet because I would never have anything valuable to add.

The point is that maybe newbies should at first consider asking others to provide them with a feedback or advice on their struggles in everyday life or The Work, especially if they don't know how they could otherwise start their journey here. I saw plenty of examples on this forum where people were asking such questions and the responses were in general quite insightful and very helpful, even for me.

I know it's not revelatory but I hope it may help somebody to get more active.

mARTinSky said:
This is absolutely fantastic thread indeed! :perfect: Thanks everyone for shearing.

Although I'm a relatively new member of this forum, I'd like to suggest something in order to help those who struggle with their inability to start being more active.

For the past few days I was desperately trying to find some threads on this forum to share my thoughts or knowledge, but every time I was about to write something, I found someone' else replay that was more or less in line with what I wanted to say. Not only this. Many times I was discouraged by the quality, accuracy or soundness of many already provided arguments. These issues together with the fact that I'm not a native English speaker prompted a situation, when I simply gave up thinking I may as well just do what I have been doing for the past years: just read and stay quiet because I would never have anything valuable to add.

The point is that maybe newbies should at first consider asking others to provide them with a feedback or advice on their struggles in everyday life or The Work, especially if they don't know how they could otherwise start their journey here. I saw plenty of examples on this forum where people were asking such questions and the responses were in general quite insightful and very helpful, even for me.

I know it's not revelatory but I hope it may help somebody to get more active.
I think it's ok to repeat what has already been said. For example, if someone asks for advice and lots of people say the same thing then it would be reasonable to assume that the groups shared view is sound advice. Also there is soooo much material here on the forum that some members simply don't have the time to read whole threads so a repeated view keeps the important information in movement for new eyes to see. Keep up the good work!

lainey said:
I think it's ok to repeat what has already been said. For example, if someone asks for advice and lots of people say the same thing then it would be reasonable to assume that the groups shared view is sound advice.

Good point. I didn't think about it that way :)

lainey said:
Also there is soooo much material here on the forum that some members simply don't have the time to read whole threads so a repeated view keeps the important information in movement for new eyes to see. Keep up the good work!

Yes, some topics are like essays! It's not a bad idea then to join an ongoing discussions, even if one has nothing new to say. Thanks lainey ;D

I have felt the same as Martinsky when I have struggled to find a post to comment on due to the timing, the quality of responses of our other members and I don't have an excuse when it comes to the language! This led me to post in the wrong thread but that error proved to be a positive learning curve for me and I have realized what a source of knowledge this forum is and there are many answers to the questions I have by just taking time to search previous threads without posting which is what is advised in the forum guidelines anyway. Martinskys comment about posting on your struggles in everyday life or the work is probably a good place to start as this is something I have contemplated on doing myself I just need to take the plunge.

Thanks to all for their input here it's been helpful.

MusicMan said:
Ennio, what a great thread this is. It gives me strength to read items like the SOTT excerpt you gave.

I'm glad that you're finding it useful! I think you'll find that the real strength comes when you see yourself translating your understanding into actions; looking at everything around you - your life, your time, your energy, your relations - ALL, and arranging everything to help yourself generate the energy and motivation to DO - related to the aims here. In such a way, you can literally become more 'yourself' and closer to the 'you' that knows why what's being done here has such immeasurable value. Another idea is that by allowing yourself to feel personally responsible for the outcome of this monumental endeavor; feeling it "in your bones"; what the stakes are, you are sending the Universe a message that you care about it in a very specific way. Nothing that hasn't been said here before really, but as lainey and others have commented, some ideas bear repeating.

ADDED: Well, what if one doesn't feel it 'in their bones'? This can be a highly subjective description, or just another way of describing the feeling of being committed - and off of the proverbial two stools. 'Fake it till you make it' is ok! Not that it's ok to be insincere, but, rather, that it is ok to allow your actions to have some influence on your being. That's to say, and this has been discussed here before as well, many hold the narrative that they don't know enough, aren't smart enough to DO. But it's quite often that 'just DOing' shows ourselves that we are capable of some things, and instantly disproves at least some of the limiting conversations we have about ourselves. Or so I think.

The simple act of posting is a DOing that is such a miracle!

When posting, a whole bunch of stuff takes place that defines this: the initial mental processes to the mechanical act itself.

The "animal" of me is quite impressed to be capable of this!

Or maybe better stated, "I" am amazed that my animalness is capable of this. And then...the accompanying AWAKENING to this fact suggests a responsibility

to utilize this skill to the utmost of my ability.

And therein lies the Miracle embedded in the miracle of posting: these collections of posts MASSING to a potential CRITICAL point (along with a lot of other

WORK obviously). :lkj:

I am here and I keep rising, thank you for your possitive feedback! I was busy with my thoughts and had to reread more of the wave series. We are seeing one and the same thing but using different language order, point of view and perspective. I will share with everybody what I know so it can be understood by as many people as possible. I would like to invite more people to share their stories, interactions with people and the feedback they get. Everybody is unique, and that is the beauty of life. The beauty of life is all about sharing and giving. That is the goal for us. The counterparts of us are those who consume, who take without giving back. We have to change that. How? We keep trying.

Stefan said:
I am here and I keep rising, thank you for your possitive feedback! I was busy with my thoughts and had to reread more of the wave series. We are seeing one and the same thing but using different language order, point of view and perspective. I will share with everybody what I know so it can be understood by as many people as possible. I would like to invite more people to share their stories, interactions with people and the feedback they get. Everybody is unique, and that is the beauty of life. The beauty of life is all about sharing and giving. That is the goal for us. The counterparts of us are those who consume, who take without giving back. We have to change that. How? We keep trying.

Hi Stefan, I understand this well, could clarify please, you say we have to change who have chosen to become STS? :huh:

riclapaz said:
Stefan said:

Hi Stefan, I understand this well, could clarify please, you say we have to change who have chosen to become STS? :huh:

Stefan,

I am glad you see the forum as a place to share and get feed-back. And I think we all need to "keep trying".

I am a little confused like riclapaz about what you mean by "counterparts" of us. Do mean others? Or are you talking about STS vs STO tendencies within us? :huh:

riclapaz said:
Stefan said:

If this is a correct interpretation then believing we "have" to change the view of those who have already chosen their path would be the opposite of an STO act. It would be an attempt to dominate the"other" and would therefore be STS in nature. OSIT

lainey said:
riclapaz said:
If this is a correct interpretation then believing we "have" to change the view of those who have already chosen their path would be the opposite of an STO act. It would be an attempt to dominate the"other" and would therefore be STS in nature. OSIT

Yes, as the C's say STO does not determine the needs of others.

Well, I understand the concept of STO. STOs do not NEED nor WANT but they just DO without expecting anything in return. The STO way is to give and share as oppose to take and consume. If STOs are not dead already as they NEED to take and consume too from others to stay alive somehow, it is just that it is happening on more or less energetic level of consuming too. STO give out energy, STS take it. If there is a huge imbalance to the system, the system will take appropriate actions to correct itself.

if anything an STO could possibly do is just do whatever it is necessary to be done just to be who you are, and it is very hard, but people are in their 'orbits' so whether they accept your gifts or not is anybody's free will.

Back
Top Bottom