Behind the Headlines: The Myth of Jesus Christ - Interview with Robert M. Price

hesperides

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
I enjoyed and appreciated the fluidity and affinity in the communication between Mr. Price and Laura. What a different world would we be living in if that were just part of our daily social interaction.

Still, have anybody heard what seems to me a creepy voice or sound that comes up like a grunt saying "yeeeaaaaahh"? It can be heard at 55'47'' from the beginning of the interview, right after Laura says "He wrote that one where he was certain that Julius the Galilea was the model for Jesus", then Price answers "Yeah, Yeah", and right there there is this strange sound coming up like echoing Price´s confirmation. Weird! I use to be specially skeptical to whatever is related to psychophony, but this one went beyond my rational mind :huh: and is not for the heart fainted. Here it is:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/sottradionetwork/2015/06/28/behind-the-headlines-the-myth-of-jesus-christ--interview-with-robert-m-price

Re: Radio show announcement - New weekly show: 'The Truth Perspective'

hesperides said:
I enjoyed and appreciated the fluidity and affinity in the communication between Mr. Price and Laura. What a different world would we be living in if that were just part of our daily social interaction.

Still, have anybody heard what seems to me a creepy voice or sound that comes up like a grunt saying "yeeeaaaaahh"? It can be heard at 55'47'' from the beginning of the interview, right after Laura says "He wrote that one where he was certain that Julius the Galilea was the model for Jesus", then Price answers "Yeah, Yeah", and right there there is this strange sound coming up like echoing Price´s confirmation. Weird! I use to be specially skeptical to whatever is related to psychophony, but this one went beyond my rational mind :huh: and is not for the heart fainted. Here it is:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/sottradionetwork/2015/06/28/behind-the-headlines-the-myth-of-jesus-christ--interview-with-robert-m-price
I hear it too. Very creepy. Like a third guttural yeeeeeaaahhh.

Behind the Headlines: The Myth of Jesus Christ - Interview with Robert M. Price

Most people are aware that there is no hard, historical evidence for the existence of the "Jesus Christ" of the bible. So "Jesus never existed", but is that the whole story? What does the real evidence suggest was really going on circa 2000 years ago in the modern-day Middle East and Roman Empire and, more importantly, who wrote the bible?

To answer this most important of questions we are very pleased to be talking this this week with American theologian, author and biblical scholar, Robert M Price.

Robert is a former Baptist minister who today teaches philosophy and religion at the Johnnie Colemon Theological Seminary. He is professor of biblical criticism at the Center for Inquiry Institute and the author of a number of books on theology and the historicity of Jesus, including Deconstructing Jesus, Jesus is Dead, Inerrant the Wind: The Evangelical Crisis in Biblical Authority, The Case Against the Case for Christ, The Incredible Shrinking Son of Man and The Amazing Colossal Apostle: The Search for the Historical Paul.

Robert's runs a regularly updated website and hosts a regular webcast called 'The Bible Geek' where he answers questions from his readers.

Your regular hosts Joe and Niall are also joined by amateur bible critic and researcher Laura Knight-Jadczyk.

Tune in for the hard truth from 2-4pm EST, 8-10pm CET.

lainey said:
hesperides said:

That is TOTALLY weird!! :scared:

Perceval said:
lainey said:
hesperides said:

Oh my. That was very strange :/

Odyssey said:
Perceval said:
lainey said:
hesperides said:

Yikes!! That was creepy! :scared:

Well, I listened to it also, sure that I could figure it out, but I swear, there was no such sound heard by any of us at the time. Odd that it comes just at that point when I mention Unterbrink's work about Judas the Galilean.

suelarue said:
Odyssey said:
Perceval said:
lainey said:
hesperides said:

Yikes!! That was creepy! :scared:

Sounds like a distortion of Robert M. Price voice via the phone/skype connection.

Laura said:
Well, I listened to it also, sure that I could figure it out, but I swear, there was no such sound heard by any of us at the time. Odd that it comes just at that point when I mention Unterbrink's work about Judas the Galilean.

I heard it, too, but thought that it was one of the guys doing something close to the mic. Now reading that you all didn't hear a thing makes it really weird.

Well, probable someone/something was on the phone/skype line, as well, unwilling to engage into conversation too much, but at some point he/she/it couldn't refraing from commenting ;)

Pretty creepy....

Maybe Price cleared his throat and it came through that way because of overtalking?

Well, I have a bedroom door that goes ‘yeeeeeaaahhh’ every time I open and close it, probably lack of oil, or sarcasm...

Anyway... really enjoyed the show, though it was way too short, the time flew.

I have nothing much to donate at the moment, just my appreciation... you guy’s rock.

Back
Top Bottom