Our companion Max has moved on

crystalicdream

Padawan Learner
I have posted about him on the forum once before... well, Max, our german shepherd x border collie mix, aged 16 and 9 months, had to be put down on the 4th December, due to cancer that had manifested suddenly. Shortly before, he was very lethargic and refused to eat or drink and this is when we knew it was time.
I think my biggest regret is that I could not see him again. I have been away from my home since July, and this was the last time I have seen him. It still feels surreal that he is gone now, and I won't see him when I return to my hometown.
It has been not that long ago, but it feels like he has been gone for a decade already. But I cannot stop thinking about what his last moments were. I got told that when he was dying, he stared at my mother, as if he suddenly had a realization. I wonder if this was the moment in which he has seen 5th density. Or maybe he had a life review? Maybe he realized things that he hadn't realized before?
I wonder how it is for 2nd density beings, when they die. I know that every life experience has to end and that he has to move on to his next lesson, but it is still hard. I wonder if he knows how much we miss him. I loved him like a brother, like a furry little brother. It was funny to see how he behaved exactly like me and my brother, even if he was not human. But I guess that goes to show how upbringing can shape someone.

He loved to eat snow, and Spekulatius. He never could decide where to rest, and he loved my father so much. When he could still walk, he would come up to me when I was sitting on the toilet, to get a massage. I always liked to show him different things, shared my vanilla icecream with him that was left on a stick. He was afraid of this little Kinder Surprise toy car that was moving on its own when you rolled it on the floor to wind it up, he was always barking at that and often at the mere sight of it in my hands.

Attachments

• 20140328_162351.jpg
    20140328_162351.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 142
Very sad for your loss. He was really beautiful. He is still there, here,in your heart, in your mind, in your life. He was very very lucky to live almost 17 years with you. He was loved, you took care of him, he took care of all of you. Now, where is he? This morning I was thinking that I would like to meet again my dogs that moved on, when my turn arrives.

Think about the good moments you have lived with him, they are unique and magnifique... And take care of you. :hug2:

It is so upsetting to loose a pet crystalicdream. My condolences to you. Im sure that you will continue to remember Max and the joy that he brought to your lives. TA

Max looks absolutely gorgeous and at ease in her passenger seat and I feel her loss with you, cristalycdream. :hug2:

Animals have always triggered the best part of me and as their transition was occurring, sometimes caused by nightmarish circumstances, I´ve felt deep respect for their mysterious intelligence in adjusting themselves to human pace.

Sorry for your loss, crystalicdream. Max was a beautiful dog. Thanks for sharing your feelings and his photo. :hug2:

My condolences for your loss of such a beautiful companion. May he rest in peace. :hug:

He was such a cutie. Thank you, crystalicdream, for sharing about him with us. I don't know if there is a doggie heaven, but what's for sure, that the Universe takes care of every creature, so no bond and no shared care and love ever go to waste. Big hug. :hug2:

Max looks like he was a really nice dog, crystalicdream -- my condolences for your loss. I hope that you cross paths again in some way someday :hug2:

Crystalicdream

I too, offer my condolences on the loss of your friend. It's amazing how much these critters become a part of our lives. 16 years is a long time to walk beside one and another. Keep your sweet memories close, and you can probably bet that Max took a little of you with him too. Hang in there. :hug2:

Thank you, everyone, for your condolences.

Yes, almost 17 years is a long time indeed, and I hope that we might cross paths again in the future, maybe when he gets reborn again in his next incarnation.
It also kind of makes me think... if I once was a 2D being myself, also a pet, was I just as loved by other 3D beings? And now that I am a 3D being myself, is their love still there, even if I cannot actively remember it? Once Max graduates to the next density, will he feel it in his bones that he was loved, even if he won't actively remember it?

Max definitely trusted us. When he was younger, he would pull the us through the snow, and swim us to the shore and run besides the bike, but when his legs failed him, he got his blue passenger seat and could trust that that we would carry him wherever he needed to go. I am glad we did that, most other people admitted to us they would have just out their pets down simply for them not being able to walk properly any more.

Back
Top Bottom