Do we need a psychopath emote?

HowToBe

The Living Force
If not, too bad, I just made one! :evil:

I fit it to the size of the dancing bacon emote, although a few pixels could be shaved off the right and left. My ultimate idea was to make it into a GIF animation with the tongue flicking out occasionally, but monotonic and I thought it best to post it before working further. I could probably even make it sway or bob up-and-down given some time.

Feel free to play around with it or edit it. I've included a big version to show the details.

Attachments

• SnakeSuitAlpha.png
    SnakeSuitAlpha.png
    762 bytes · Views: 264
  • SnakeSuitBig.png
    SnakeSuitBig.png
    1,011 bytes · Views: 259
That's cool, HowToBe. Pixel art I find can express things well even with so few pixels. I've come to associate psychopaths with the face of the Joker from The Dark Knight movie. Maybe for an animation of your snakes in suits, you could have a normal businessman, and then it transitions into the snake man. But maybe hold off to see if anyone else thinks it's worth the time.

I'm thinking it doesn't read well enough as a business suit, now that I've been away from it a few days. My idea was a black suit with a white undershirt. What do y'all think?

It's a bit hard to tell it's a suit, imho. I like the idea of morphing from a normal looking guy in a suit to a snake though.

Yeah, that's a pretty good idea, and while it might be a challenge, it's possible. The "cheap" way would be to use a phase/morph (don't know the technical term) between two images - it can work pretty well in my experience. On the other hand, I do have a little experience doing frame by frame animation for fun, and learning more could certainly be a fun challenge.

That's actually really funny, great idea! :lol: somehow reminded me of a priest outfit, most of them are crazy anyway ;)

HowToBe said:
I'm thinking it doesn't read well enough as a business suit, now that I've been away from it a few days. My idea was a black suit with a white undershirt. What do y'all think?
Hi HowToBe :) I like the idea of having a psycho-ticon, so to speak. It's quite a challenge to increase readability, especially if you are limited to a couple of pixel blocks. Maybe it helps if you focused on the suit first, making a recognizable suit only and add the snake later after you established the suit. Maybe it helps if the suit is front view insted of three-quater profile and if it had rectangular shoulders instead of the round ones?

Sometimes it helps to google icons and logos from the element you want to picture. https://www.google.de/search?q=suit+logo&biw=1920&bih=1080&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=QPi7VNKuHsXgOMa_gYgB&sqi=2&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

forget-me-not said:
HowToBe said:
Hi HowToBe :) I like the idea of having a psycho-ticon, so to speak. It's quite a challenge to increase readability, especially if you are limited to a couple of pixel blocks. Maybe it helps if you focused on the suit first, making a recognizable suit only and add the snake later after you established the suit. Maybe it helps if the suit is front view insted of three-quater profile and if it had rectangular shoulders instead of the round ones?

Sometimes it helps to google icons and logos from the element you want to picture. https://www.google.de/search?q=suit+logo&biw=1920&bih=1080&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=QPi7VNKuHsXgOMa_gYgB&sqi=2&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ
Good suggestions. It started out as a pixel-doodle just to play with the idea, but to make something proper will require reference as you suggested, and maybe revision. Maybe I'll play with it here and there when I have a moment. ;)

HowToBe said:

Yeh, like in the Sott desktop pics, sounds cool :cool2: although I do love your work thus far!!

Back
Top Bottom