Asking for a good pregnant/babies books

Thanks GAIA, baby language sounds quite interesting, I suppose is easier to communicate with your baby, part of the observation, isn't it, for some curious circumstances, babies usually like me, friends/family had been surprised that their babies had not felt uncomfortable while being carried by me. I use to think that babies "recently had came" that they know more about their past, their choices, and they observe all with this knowledge, but time pass and other experiences come. That is what I see in their eyes. I would like to buy the book for myself and if my sister want to read it, fine! :lol:

I niece once told me that she knew me before coming to this world, she was 3 when she told me that. We did not see each other often. Of course, I never told anyone, not even her mother, is not something that they could had understood, is not something I understand much either.

Yes Mabar, I agree, I've heard many stories of children talking about their past lives or talking about things they shouldn't know of.
When I was pregnant with my third child, (and was so early on in the pregnancy that it didn't show and no one knew except my husband), my little toddler turned to me and said,
in a clear and determined voice: Now we are a family of Five. Me and my husband just stared at each other thinking, how on earth did he know that! lol

Re the baby sign language, we watched a short documentary about a deaf couple that had children recently. It was amazing that they could communicate with their children from around six months. we will definitely be trying it with our newborn when he's ready.

For a little humour, the rough guide to pregnancy served us well for our first. That was before we knew we had to go outside the mainstream for decent medical advice though, but the pregnancy diary was funny and informative.

Remember: the best laid plans of mice and men......be prepared for every eventuality, our newest was born in the car! What a mess. :O

Please pass on our best wishes to your sister. :D

Check out "The Nourishing Traditions Book of Baby & Child Care" by Sally Fallon Morell. Wonderful book based on research by Weston Price.

Watch out that the hospital doesn't try to give the newborn baby any shots. For example, an alternative to a vitamin K shot is vitamin K liquid taken orally using a medicine dropper

Little update, my sister feels better, although she needed to quit her job, (rising tree floors without elevator was not doing good to her) so she prioritized.

I show her all books recomended here, since I gave the amazon links, at the end she choose this one: (leave it here, if someone else is interested)

Primal Health: Understanding the Critical Period Between Conception and the First Birthday
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1905570082?ref_=pe_825000_114657650_TE_item&pldnSite=1

Bought it on February 2, at apparently it will arrived between March 5 (it did not) and April 4. This "late" delieveries usually happends. But I hope it will be useful to her eitherway.

hlat said:
Watch out that the hospital doesn't try to give the newborn baby any shots. For example, an alternative to a vitamin K shot is vitamin K liquid taken orally using a medicine dropper

I can tell her, although is not something that I can control.

--have to go, continue later

GAIA said:
Yes Mabar, I agree, I've heard many stories of children talking about their past lives or talking about things they shouldn't know of.
When I was pregnant with my third child, (and was so early on in the pregnancy that it didn't show and no one knew except my husband), my little toddler turned to me and said,
in a clear and determined voice: Now we are a family of Five. Me and my husband just stared at each other thinking, how on earth did he know that! lol

Yes, all this stuff around babies, infants, children, are in one of my "enigmatic" locker. :P
---
Thanks anyways, hlat, did not say it in last post.

What I had observed with my sister is that, she gets pressured?, when anyone wants to suggest, advice, recommend whatever, I fall in one of those, I told her that, perhaps she would find useful to go to a psychologist because maybe he/she would understand better that we, family do, in her nowadays up/side/down state of mind, and she complain, and she is right. So, I must remember everytime I phone call her to refrain to do so, do not give adviced of any kind, just talk about simple matters.

I am not sure, if here, in this country, you/we can/able to go against hospital policy regarding infants, I can tell her, but not now. And, telling her does not mean that it can be done either.

What I know is that she is overwhelm by all of the medicine/drugs he doctor is giving, so she comes and goes between allopathic and homeopathic.
---

Thanks Meechel17, I will tell her about the book "The Nourishing Traditions Book of Baby & Child Care" by Sally Fallon Morell.
---
Thanks HifromGrace, I think it was a weight lifted that she quit at her job.
--

note: sorry I left with the link activated, was already too late when I came back.

This is a good list of books on pregnancy. _http://motherhow.com/best-pregnancy-books/

Welcome to the forum olga.

Seeing as this is your first post on the forum, we would appreciate it if you would post a brief intro about yourself in the Newbies section, telling us how you found this forum, how long you've been reading it and/or the SOTT page, whether or not you've read any of Laura's books yet, etc.

olga said:
This is a good list of books on pregnancy. _http://motherhow.com/best-pregnancy-books/

Sorry for the wrong link, _http://motherhow.com/best-pregnancy-books/ is correct.

Back
Top Bottom