Dreams

Henchman 21

Jedi Master
My 4 year old has been having some strange dreams as of late. She describes them as "the stars go from the sky to the ground so they are not in the sky anymore and some hit the house and they are not good dreams."
I used this as an opportunity to explain to her that those might be meteors and also to tell her that I also have those dreams. I always try to keep my daughter up to date with reality but I don't want to scare her too much. I explained that the earth is going through changes and many things will be destroyed. I told her that her momma and papa were saving important things like food and water for when such times happen. She wanted to know if we would be ok and I wasn't going to lie to her so I told her that we were doing what we could to stay safe.
Has anyone else had to have a similar talk with their kids? If so does anyone have any advice on how to mentally prepare the little ones for these uncertain times? Thanks in advance.

What you've told your daughter seems to be appropriate. Kind of odd for such a youngin' to be having dreams of meteorites, but may just be another sign of the times! Has she seen such things on TV or in movies? Or maybe heard you talk about it? Or did she just come out with it out of the blue? Still, not a nice dream for a child.

It's definantly possible she has heard us talking about such things. It seems to be organic from her though. My first meteor/comet dream happened when I was 9 or 10. Maybe just the urgency of the here and now?
Thanks for the input though.

Well I know this is a bit of an an old post and a bit irrelevant to most. It is important to me though and maybe it will be to someone else in the future so I will continue anyway and say my little bit here.
Once again my daughter did not want to go to bed because of her bad dreams (which involve mass destruction and whatnot) so I let her stay in my room for the early part of what would be her bed time and we watched pink Floyd live in Pompeii. If you haven't seen it I highly recommend it. The idea of this show/movie is beauty and destruction. I explained what the cinematography was about to her and explained that destruction is right around the corner but if viewed under a certain light it is actually a thing of cosmic awe. She did her best to understand and felt much better. (Pink Floyd is her favorite band already at age four which helps of course).
After this she was excited to go to bed and I even let her have my Atom Heart Mother album to listen to for the first time. She was sleeping soundly within minutes. Btw for those of you in the "know" about the brilliance of Pink Floyd, is not the song Fat old Sun just the best thing ever written or what? If you are unfamilliar, check out fat old sun by Pink Floyd. Your life will be better for hearing it.
Nothing too serious here, just a few thoughts. My apologies if this is just "noise". :referee:

Hey Captain!

I can't tell if your name is in reference to Sealab 2020, 2021 or Flying lotus, but yeah - all are awesome in their own way.

I've never had meteor or fireball dreams but I've had a dream where I was in a war torn city and I was with a group of others... I appeared to be accompanying some type of insurgency and were being fired at by air craft that were very advanced, very alien or UFO in appearance. These craft were piloted by human military so it wasn't some type of 'invasion' force as one might assume. I knew this because we managed to down one of the craft and when we approached it, your a-typical, fatigued soldier exited and tried to escape but was gunned down by the squad I was with (there were no tell tale markers on his uniform that identified a country.) Now, I wasn't part of this squad, I think they were rescuing me. Anyways, by this point, an armada of craft ended up firing on our position and it was chaos! I ended up running into a building that was beginning to collapse around me and I jumped into a garbage shoot and fell into an incinerator in the sub levels (the incinerator wasn't running, thankfully.)

I was in pitch darkness and knew that the only way out was now a heap of rubble and that I would most likely starve down in the dark depths under this structure.

It was that dark, claustrophobic, loneliness that woke me.

I had this dream some years ago. I don't normally remember my dreams but when I do I keep them with me and I talk about them and discuss them with anyone as they may have some marker or point to make about me that may help me either find out more about myself or more about the world around me - who knows...

I appreciate that you brought this event here and I thank you for sharing the moments you had with your daughter and pompei live. She's lucky to have a dad who can show her the spiritual side of our condition here and that you didn't shy away from the truth of destruction and rebirth.

I'm just curious though, if she's seen any media regarding debris impact or over heard you discussing this in anyway? It's interesting to me know if she had this dream out of no where, as if tapping into a higher, more experienced part of her self or if this dream is the result of sub-conscious mulch.

Haha spot on zin. My name does come from sealable 2021. Captain Murphy (voiced by Harry Goz) is a personal hero of mine. As far as my daughters dreams go, it seems to be from her. We don't watch much tv or go to movies or anything. Thanks for your input. I truly feel that it is her natural gift for good or bad.

I also had some shootin' stars dreams - especially after joining this forum :cool2:.. Usually i am running allover the place, looking for shelter and communicating with passer-bys mostly strangers and rarely familiar with... One of dreams had interesting unfolding: i didn't come in shelter but stayed outside and saw that meteorites start glowing in lovely warm colors after hitting the ground. Amazed i approached few of them (blue, red, green, purple) and noticed that they are in fact beautiful star-shaped crystals. i picked up a blue/purple one (if i remember correctly)...

Back
Top Bottom