Dark Intrusions: An Investigation into the Paranormal Nature of Sleep Paralysis

findit

Jedi
"Dark Intrusions" by Louis Proud is a fascinating read. Mr. Proud suffers from Sleep Paralysis (SP) and has experienced what he calls terrifying hallucinations and paranormal intrusions. This book comes from his efforts to understand SP and the links to the paranormal field. In short chapters he reviews others in the field such as Chico Xavier, Joe Fisher, Robert Monroe, Whitley Streiber, Stan Gooch, The Enfield Poltergeist, Dion Fortune, Trevor James Constable, EM fields, and Swedenborg.

He also reviews the discussions on ghosts being external entities vs. internal unconsciousness. Due to his experiences, he sees ghosts in a negative capacity as energy feeders. This book was captivating to read and I recommend to those who are interested in reading more about Sleep Paralysis and its links to the paranormal.

As one who has long suffered from sleep paralysis, I've always know there was more to it than the scientific explanation, would have anyone believe. I won't bore anyone with my stories of my experiences, but some were truly hair raising.

I've never experienced anything like this myself, but find the subject fascinating.

I remember reading about this sort of thing back in the 80's as a kid - the article was entitled 'Bedroom Visitors'. Basically some people seemed to be prone to waking up in the middle of the night, completely unable to move, and all sorts of weird creatures could parade in to their room.

One person even had Starsky & Hutch visit them, which is even more crazy as they aren't dead.

Also, my wife went through a phase 10 yrs ago or so, of having a very famous 'dead dude' come and visit her in the night. She'd even have full conversations with him, but remember little about it in the morning (i'd wake up and hear it though).
This person even told her intricate details about his death which she was only able to corroborate by searching the net afterwards.

I don't believe for a minute that it was who he said it was, but something was interacting with her.

Personally DonnieG I'd love to hear more of your experiences - why don't you start a thread?

electrosonic said:
Basically some people seemed to be prone to waking up in the middle of the night, completely unable to move, ...

This happened to me maybe a week ago and I do not recall it ever happening before (if SP was what I had experienced that is). I was only just reminded of it when I stumbled upon this thread - so thank you findit. It felt as though some dark entity had pressed pause on his remote and I was paralysed and could not do anything as in scream / shout / speak. After the paralysis I must have felt exhausted and fell back asleep. So weird.

I've just done a bit of browsing on this, and the one aspect of it I find particularly freaky is called 'Old Hag Syndrome'.

I'm sure Karla Turner (and possibly John Keel) also talk of abduction experiences where an Old Hag was present, usually at the back, engineering the experience.

Google it, but believe me you'll have trouble sleeping tonight.

This has happened to me a lot, I can even sense it before it happens, I feel a tingly sensation that starts on the back of my head, and then goes down, I can feel there is someone or something behind me, sometimes I feel it on top of me, I just can't move, all I do is just try to relax and fight it off. I know there is something that has some human futures, when I'm able to move just slightly me head or eyes I can see it.

Interesting that you can sense one coming on Xico. I had that feeling once. It was the night before the last one I had. It's like I could feel an evil presence an hour or so before I was to lay down to go to bed. I haven't had one since 07.

Back
Top Bottom