Historical Events Database - Coordination

Data said:
Altair, for the Borisenkov book, and others: Could you always add the given location, event type, and source to the original and translated texts? You added the location and event type to the Summary field, which is good, but it's better to have the Texts as complete as possible. To see what I mean, I edited your Event #4913 accordingly (bold text added) http://hed.quantumfuturegroup.org/events/4913-lezeiau:

Byzantium: Earthquake. Many towns and palaces destroyed
Византия: Землетрясение. Разрушено множество городов и «палат». ПСРЛ, т. 9, с. 1 1

Altair, I think there was a misunderstanding about adding the "source", as I wrote above, apologies. I meant the primary source given in the book in the 4th column, not the book itself.

E.g. instead of this:

Киевская Русь: Засуха. Нашествие саранчи. Голодный год. Борисенков Е.П. - Экстремальные природные явления в русских летописях XI - XVII вв., стр. 116

this:

Киевская Русь: Засуха. Нашествие саранчи. Голодный год. ПСРЛ, т. 9, с. 69

I'll fix it for all events previously set to reviewing.

Data said:
Data said:
Altair, for the Borisenkov book, and others: Could you always add the given location, event type, and source to the original and translated texts? You added the location and event type to the Summary field, which is good, but it's better to have the Texts as complete as possible. To see what I mean, I edited your Event #4913 accordingly (bold text added) http://hed.quantumfuturegroup.org/events/4913-lezeiau:

Byzantium: Earthquake. Many towns and palaces destroyed
Византия: Землетрясение. Разрушено множество городов и «палат». ПСРЛ, т. 9, с. 1 1

Altair, I think there was a misunderstanding about adding the "source", as I wrote above, apologies. I meant the primary source given in the book in the 4th column, not the book itself.

E.g. instead of this:

Киевская Русь: Засуха. Нашествие саранчи. Голодный год. Борисенков Е.П. - Экстремальные природные явления в русских летописях XI - XVII вв., стр. 116

this:

Киевская Русь: Засуха. Нашествие саранчи. Голодный год. ПСРЛ, т. 9, с. 69

I'll fix it for all events previously set to reviewing.

No problem, Data. I'll fix them.

Hi Data,

I was just about to work on one entry for you to review, but then after logging in, I see a notice: "Database is locked". Do you know when would we get back in?

Thanks.

Zadius Sky said:
Hi Data,

I was just about to work on one entry for you to review, but then after logging in, I see a notice: "Database is locked". Do you know when would we get back in?

Thanks.

When Data and I get done going through the entries and refining format, etc. At present, I'm able to do a dozen or so a day so it will take a little while.

Back
Top Bottom