Canyon Matka

sToRmR1dR

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
This Canyon, is only 30 minutes drive from Skopje.The main attraction is "Vrelo Cave"discovered in 1982, is 30 meters deep and maintains an even temperature throughout the year.The acoustics are so good inside the cave that in 1995,a philharmonic performance was held there.An underwater portion from the cave is attracting interests from scientist,some of whom think it's the deepest in the world.So far ,it only holds the title of being the deepest in the Balkans,and the second deepest in Europe.Its water exist into the river at the rate of 2,000 liters per second.Matka means 'womb' in Macedonian.

Official website:

http://canyonmatka.mk/

Enjoy the landscape:

Attachments

• matkacanyon3.jpg
    matkacanyon3.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 136
  • matkacanyon8.jpg
    matkacanyon8.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 133
  • matkacanyont4.jpg
    matkacanyont4.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 132
  • matkacanyon1.jpg
    matkacanyon1.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 131
  • matkacanyon7.jpg
    matkacanyon7.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 127
  • matkacanyont5.jpg
    matkacanyont5.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 6
  • matkacanyon2.jpg
    matkacanyon2.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 6
  • matkacanyon.jpg
    matkacanyon.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 6
Matka Canyon is the habitat of numerous and diverse plants and animals, some of which are unique in the Balkan region. Matka Canyon is the habitat of 77 endemic species of butterflies.
Beautiful place. :)

Zdravo sToRmR1dR
Citav nekoi tvoi postovi sToRmR1dR. Samo sakav da se predstavam. Pozdrav od Bitola :)

I live in Gostivar and it is just about 60 km from Matka, And i have never been there. I must visit that place.
And i want to say hello to the other Macedonian members on this forum Lamadu and sToRmR1dR. :)

Macedonia in the whole is really beautiful country. With great diversity of floral and animal world on pretty small space. I never had a chance to stay some longer time to be able to visit more of it, but I was impressed by that little that I managed to see. (not to forget Macedonians who are very interesting and nice people all in all)

I remember first time when I did a trip to Greece (and if you go to Greece from Belgrade you must go through Macedonia) I was at the border pass Evzoni between Macedonia and Greece. On the one side was Macedonia all in little hills and veeery green and on the other was Greece which looked totally different, almost like totally dry yellow desert. And it was at some 1-2 kilometers in distance one of another. I was amazed because it looked like someone copy pasted terrain from North Africa next to green Macedonia (or other way around of course, not to offend anyone, Greece has its charms too :) )

Given the current situation,I hope that the pictures rejoiced you :)
Hello to the other Macedonian members on the forum Lamadu and Konstantin :thup:
Thank you casper and Avala :D

Discovered a new underwater cave at Canyon (VIDEO)

_http://skopjeinfo.mk/otkriena-nova-podvodna-peshtera-na-matka-video

Macedonian divers led speleo- diving club "Vrelo" and diving club "Aquatec" found a new underwater cave at Lake Canyon. During conducting regular activities in the lake and cave Vrelo domestic divers noticed the entrance of the new underwater cave and decided to explore the area in which it is located. The entrance is not easily seen because it is too hidden in the surrounding rocky landscape and is very difficult to enter because the inlet is too narrow.

- Despite the difficult access we have managed to overcome and enter the underwater cave which opens large gallery that splitting into two directions, ie two channels - said Goce Dimitrievski certified cave diver from hot.

The expedition of divers assumed that there is interconnection with boiling due to the immediate vicinity of the two underwater caves. They believe that any of the internal channels spotted at the expedition possible to keep right up to one of the galleries of hot.

- In the gallery we saw a lot of wildlife and underwater flora, which only leaves us in further research and documentation - said Daniel Atanasovski certified instructor diving club "Aquatec" adding that domestic divers will prepare a new expedition that will systematically investigate structure of formations and will document everything that you found in the newly discovered cave.

Underwater caves represent a natural wealth and attract domestic and foreign visitors, and also carry large scientific research results and knowledge. Underwater caves are often sources of clean water, which is only 2.5 percent of the total water surface of the Earth. Because the water in the new cave will be further explored further expeditions divers from "Aquatec" and "hot".

Back
Top Bottom