Alleged UFO crash in Manitoba, Canada

D

dankhiar

http://www.sott.net/article/293038-UFO-crash-in-Manitoba-Canadian-military-says-its-just-an-exercise

It seems to me the UFO or alien related activity has been increasing lately. I also saw on tv today this organization or whatever who plan to make a base for the aliens to come. Of course that's silly, but it was worth mentioning. I have no source on that, and I can't even find it online. I don't like posting without having a source, but this thread is mainly about the Manitoba crash, so I just felt it fit. Anyways, we've also got the supposedly upcoming Roswell slides this May, and I'm just here wondering, why the focus on this right now?

What do you people think? Could it be distraction from what is really happening in the world, or maybe something else? There's more chances that it could be the former, but nothing is ever that simple.

Some things in the video raise red flags. First of all the birds are really loud. I live about 400 KM south of Jackhead and it's been -30 for quite a while here and the majority of birds leave by November. The birds in the video don't sound like any Manitoba winter birds I've heard before. Usually the only loud birds you hear this time of year are crows and jays.

Secondly you can hear heavy highway traffic in the background moving at speed. The road to Jackhead is barely two lanes and it is heavily rutted with ice and frozen gravel. It has very little traffic most of the year. Jackead is quite remote even for a reserve.

I dug a little deeper, and found the Jackhead First Nation's Tribal Council Facebook page shows the community meeting with the military and the military briefing them on the maneuvers before the UFO report came out. This "cold weather" reconnaissance mission the military does, is a yearly exercise that is usually covered in local news.

Also the photo of the military equipment is on a highway quite a bit south of Jackhead as the road is paved (probably near Peguis). I also dug into a Redditt thread and some people who claimed to be local were making some "knowing" jokes about the source of some of the reports. IE: some half-assed hoaxing gone viral.

The units taking part in the exercise are also full of regulars (PPCLI for instance) and auxiliary Rangers who aren't military per se, but rather trackers with a high-level skill set in extreme cold and remote areas who assist in search and rescue.

It would seem to me that Rangers and a regular infantry unit would not be scrambled in such a manner. To put a large operation like this together and move it from Winnipeg would take many hours minimum. The only way the time line works is if an unusual crash happened while the military was on maneuver very near the crash location.

We don't have a large military presence here in Manitoba (as opposed to say Texas or Florida) and from what I've read in the past, is that the first responders to any sort of "UFO" report is always the RCMP.

Of course anything is possible, but the sources seem questionable in my opinion.

[quote author=Jtucker]Some things in the video raise red flags. First of all the birds are really loud. I live about 400 KM south of Jackhead and it's been -30 for quite a while here and the majority of birds leave by November. The birds in the video don't sound like any Manitoba winter birds I've heard before. Usually the only loud birds you hear this time of year are crows and jays.
[/quote]

I was thinking about the same thing, in winter is very unusual to hear birds like this. But I was thinking oh well, could be weird things happens after all is a UFO
sighting. Or is it, I don't know. :huh:

Jtucker, those are excellent observations. It would be worth posting them (f you want to) to the article carried on SOTT here. Nothing like on-the-spot reporting to get at the truth of a matter.

:cool2:

Thanks, Herondancer.

I just posted an edited version of the notes on Sott.net. It was interesting how many local people here wanted desperately for the report to be "real". It just felt off to me from the first time I read it.

Thank you for your observation JTucker. I did listen to the radio show and wasn't sure, but after your input it seems like a hoax.

I've been looking at the media/UFO sites on this alleged incident for the past couple of days and it seems to be expanding with embellishments throughout many countries - even though it apparently occurred a week ago~!

The stories are pretty fantastic. But I honestly believe there is an element of serious disinformation going on. I don't know where it's coming from - but it's not from Manitoba. There is no buzz here. And none of the embellishments have come from here that I can tell. I'm not sure what the purpose of this all is.

From what I can ascertain, the most accurate assessment of the situation is summed up in Chris Rutkowski's blog.

http://uforum.blogspot.ca/2015/02/hit-road-jack.html

In terms of a little background on Rutkowski, he is an astronomer from the University of Manitoba and is considered Canada's top UFOlogist. I've read his books and I think his research is pretty sober and solid. That being said, he seems to me to argue or not argue (depending on the case) the extraterrestrial hypothesis exclusively - and has never addressed the hyperdimensional hypothesis.

But the tweets and chatter he's captured on this blog entry are 100% accurate language for rural Manitoba. Pretty much the entire conversations that are going on sound like tongue in cheek smart-ass remarks - so clearly, there's no sense of fear in Jackhead or the adjoining communities.

But setting aside the fact that Interlake Manitoba is not caught in a flap or a panic, then what is the purpose of all the burgeoning reports? I don't get it at all?

Whose agenda does it forward? Or is everyone involved just self-seeking imagineers?

An interesting investigation would be to trace the source of the reports. I am way too old to figure out code on websites to decipher this, but I am sure there are members of the form with tech savvy that could dig into the IP addresses and find a common thread.

Thanks for the background info on this Jtucker, I didn't have knowledge of those facts on this episode. I Have a friend on Facebook from Canada and asked her had she heard anything on that, although she's not from that particular province. It's good to have some local input on a story of such a controversial type, as this.

Back
Top Bottom