Another animal dream

luke wilson

The Living Force
Quick One

Dreamt about what I think was a school playground. Except this time it was animals if it makes sense. Anyways, as some were playing around in the playground, a lion entered and started to chase them as if to hunt them down. They ran towards another lion that was part of this school and just hanging out on the grass.

The 2 lions clashed with the one on the grass coming out victorious. The one on the grass was bigger and stronger it turns out.

Just before the attacking lion was kicked out, he asked the other lion a question. This question and answer sounded like a real voice in my ear

Attacking Lion: "Tell me, how do you rule"

Other Lion: "I don't, I'm part of them"

As soon as the other lion replied, my alarm went off. The last dialogue was like I had earphones in my ears.

luke wilson said:
Quick One

Dreamt about what I think was a school playground. Except this time it was animals if it makes sense. Anyways, as some were playing around in the playground, a lion entered and started to chase them as if to hunt them down. They ran towards another lion that was part of this school and just hanging out on the grass.

The 2 lions clashed with the one on the grass coming out victorious. The one on the grass was bigger and stronger it turns out.

Just before the attacking lion was kicked out, he asked the other lion a question. This question and answer sounded like a real voice in my ear

Attacking Lion: "Tell me, how do you rule"

Other Lion: "I don't, I'm part of them"

As soon as the other lion replied, my alarm went off. The last dialogue was like I had earphones in my ears.

As far as I know animals in dreams can represent our instincts/instinctive drives. Could these two battling lions represent two conflicting drives in you?

Here are some guidelines that say what they mean lions asleep.
See the lion - you can expect good success in a new, great job.
More lions - you make a dangerous friendship.
Lion with young people - are in danger.
Lioness with young people - will gain a reputable friends and enjoy prosperity.
The lion in a cage - you'll soon celebrate victory over the enemy.
Roaring lion - a danger.
Caressing the lion - you can expect rapid progress in business.
Kill the lion - you'll soon gain power and a great reputation and eliminate your enemies.
Lion who you hunt - you will suffer loss.

This is the definition when lion appears in your life from the Medecine Cards:

Mountain Lion can be a very difficult power totem for you to have, because it places you in a position to be a target for the problems of others. You could be blamed
for things going wrong, or for always taking charge when others cannot. You could
become the perfect justification for the insecurities of others.
Mountain Lion medicine involves lessons on the use of power in leadership. It is
the ability to lead without insisting that others follow. It is the understanding that all
beings are potential leaders in their own ways. The use and abuse of power in a position
of influence are part of this great cat's medicine.
By observing the graceful pounce of Mountain Lion, you will learn how to
balance power, intention, physical strength, and grace. This relates, in human terms, to
the balance of body, mind, and spirit. The giant feline never wastes anything. It only
kills what it needs for survival. The female lion is the hunter who graces her table in a
style akin to mother energy.
If Mountain Lion has come to you in dreams, it is a time to stand on your
convictions and lead yourself where your heart takes you. Others may choose to follow,
and the lessons will multiply. If you have pulled the card of Mountain Lion, you may be
asked to review the purpose behind your personal beliefs. You may need to discover
whether or not your plans include a pride of cubs wanting to be like you or to share in
your dreams. If you are already a leader, the question may be whether or not t he time has
come to push the cubs out of the cave. If you are aligned with cat medicine, you are
considered to be "king of the mountain," and never allowed to be human or vulnerable.
The pitfalls are many, but the rewards are great.
In assuming the place of power that Mountain Lion affords, you must constantly
be aware of keeping peace. However you can never make everyone happy unless you lie
to yourself or others. This is human nature. Therefore the first responsibility of
leadership is to tell the truth. Know it and live it, and your example will filter down to the
tiniest cub in the pride. Responsibility is no more than the ability to respond to any
situation. Panic is not a part of this sacred medicine.

In that case it is the mountain lion, but a lion by the way. :)

While I'd hate to drag this off-topic, Ioreta has me curious. What are Medicine Cards and how do you see them? I've googled around a bit and it looks like it's similar to tarot cards.

To be a little more on topic though, I think I should say that as I read in the stickies on this board, they say that a dreams message isn't necessarily the most obvious one. That you have to break it down in pieces and analyse bit by bit then take the meanings from the symbols and what they are doing to rebuild what could be the dreams message.

luke wilson,

below you will find two pretty interesting talks (one with transcript) on dreams, including dreams about animals.

http://shrinkrapradio.com/381-dreams-as-guides-to-the-soul-with-steven-fox/

http://shrinkrapradio.com/366-the-dream-and-its-amplification-with-jungian-analyst-nancy-furlotti/

"Lions as dream symbols indicate we may feel as though we are being preyed upon, or we are in a position to defend ourselves. Dreaming of lions may also be a sign of our need to get in touch with our emotions, and tame them if necessary.

In esoteric studies, the lion makes its appearance in the Tarot where it is illustrated in the Strength card of the Major Arcana."

http://nativeamericanencyclopedia.com/symbolic-meaning-of-lions/

I think your experience is a perfectly dry cut. You perceive that the best leader accepts their role as being 'within' the group, not above. A team player, such as a captain and not a coach.

Maybe you are a leader in some way at work or at school or in your family and are placing your self outside the group as the coach and not part of the group as the team captain?

Maybe you are one of the animals in the group and a new comer is trying to force himself as your 'coach' you while you are aware of a stronger leader within the group that will smack this new comer back into his place?

It's hard to say, but it appears there is a lot of lore presented in these replies to assist you!

Good luck.

luke wilson said:
Dreamt about what I think was a school playground...
In school we learn. Playground is the place of leasure and respite. In some sense playground consists of games. We learn the games. In games we learn. Game has certain rules. We observe. We learn the rules. Playing by the rules. Playing with the rules.

Kasia said:
luke wilson,

below you will find two pretty interesting talks (one with transcript) on dreams, including dreams about animals.

http://shrinkrapradio.com/366-the-dream-and-its-amplification-with-jungian-analyst-nancy-furlotti/

I intend to curve up the time for these podcasts, hopefully this weekend when I have free time. Reading the comments, a lot of people found the podcasts quite interesting.

Incidentally, I had another animal dream last night... this time about wolves. It was a violent dream this one. I got up immediately after at around 6am then had to go back to sleep.

luke wilson said:
Kasia said:
luke wilson,

I intend to curve up the time for these podcasts, hopefully this weekend when I have free time. Reading the comments, a lot of people found the podcasts quite interesting.

Incidentally, I had another animal dream last night... this time about wolves. It was a violent dream this one. I got up immediately after at around 6am then had to go back to sleep.

Can you describe your dream? I had also two violent dreams associated with wolves recently.

Altair said:
As far as I know animals in dreams can represent our instincts/instinctive drives. Could these two battling lions represent two conflicting drives in you?

I'd have that impression also, sounds like an STS vs. an STO lion :lol:

luke wilson said:
Kasia said:
luke wilson,

Below the transcripts if you prefer to read:

http://www.shrinkrapradio.com/381.pdf
http://www.shrinkrapradio.com/366.pdf

Canard said:
While I'd hate to drag this off-topic, Ioreta has me curious. What are Medicine Cards and how do you see them? I've googled around a bit and it looks like it's similar to tarot cards.

To be a little more on topic though, I think I should say that as I read in the stickies on this board, they say that a dreams message isn't necessarily the most obvious one. That you have to break it down in pieces and analyse bit by bit then take the meanings from the symbols and what they are doing to rebuild what could be the dreams message.

The Medicine Cards are made by native Indians and are very beautiful. They give a little insight about each animal.

Here is the link:

_http://www.medicinecards.com/

There is also a very beautiful book by the psychoanalist James Hillman that talks about animals in our dreams:

In his bestselling The Soul's Code, Hillman challenged traditional psychology by suggesting that each person has a spiritual path or destiny, distinctly separate from genetics or environment, that is always trying to live itself out. Now he challenges conventional dream analysis, suggesting that animals present themselves in human dreams with motive and purpose of their own. Attempting to answer the questions, ""Why do they come to us, the animals? What do they want, inhabiting our dreams?"" Hillman begins with the story of Adam naming the animals of Eden. Encouraging anthropomorphization, and suggesting that people ""find again Adam's eye,"" he leads readers to ""get inside"" animals, so that they can teach people about themselves. Instead of projecting human thoughts onto the animals, or covering them up with stock symbolic interpretations, Hillman suggests focusing on the dreamstate itself, where people and animals meet ""image to image."" He recounts examples of people's actual dreams involving snakes, mice, bears, horses, rats, lions, tigers, giraffes, pigs, crabs and insects, from the animal's viewpoint. McLean's haunting, full-color paintings are a marvelous accompaniment to Hillman's words, drawing viewers into dream-like vistas where animal images are buried deeply, sometimes barely distinguishable from their surroundings. Together, author and artist succeed in reawakening ""the primordial mind,"" wherein ""humans know themselves primarily through animals."" (Oct.)

http://www.publishersweekly.com/978-0-8118-1327-3

Altair said:
luke wilson said:
Kasia said:
luke wilson,

Can you describe your dream? I had also two violent dreams associated with wolves recently.

I had 2 violent dreams in successive nights.

I don't remember much of them both as I didn't write them down. Anyways, the little I remember is as follows... The first dream involved an attack from ghosts that took on human form We would fight back at these ghosts but got frustrated as they were ethereal I.e. Our form of attack couldn't touch them whereas there's could touch and harm us. Anyways, found some cream thing which meant that if applied, we could touch them. Essentially, the playing ground made even. But, the cream was in short supply and when we realised this, we moved to get more... The ghosts obviously didn't want this to happen so they moved to stop us. One person was captured and decapitated.. All very violent and stuff. His head appeared to have been cut off and a metal helmet placed there...

The wolf dream involved conflict between 2 different groups of people. The wolves essentially invaded this conflict. I cant remember if it was on behalf of one group or if they were acting independently..

luke wilson said:
I had 2 violent dreams in successive nights.

I don't remember much of them both as I didn't write them down. Anyways, the little I remember is as follows... The first dream involved an attack from ghosts that took on human form We would fight back at these ghosts but got frustrated as they were ethereal I.e. Our form of attack couldn't touch them whereas there's could touch and harm us. Anyways, found some cream thing which meant that if applied, we could touch them. Essentially, the playing ground made even. But, the cream was in short supply and when we realised this, we moved to get more... The ghosts obviously didn't want this to happen so they moved to stop us. One person was captured and decapitated.. All very violent and stuff. His head appeared to have been cut off and a metal helmet placed there...

The wolf dream involved conflict between 2 different groups of people. The wolves essentially invaded this conflict. I cant remember if it was on behalf of one group or if they were acting independently..
Both dreams involve battle and conflict - perhaps this is related to some conflicting feelings you may have or some decision that lies before you? I've also found that diet (information we take in) can play a huge role in the quality of the dreams (information received) we have.

Back
Top Bottom