Choco-fat bomb video tutorial

A thermometer is VERY IMPORTANT - unless you want to be standing at the cooker for a few hours trying to correct your broken fat bomb :lol:

FOR ANYONE USING LARD - the temperature of the mixture needs to be slightly lower for it to emulsify. Try 148 Farenheit/64 Celcius

Keyhole said:
A thermometer is VERY IMPORTANT - unless you want to be standing at the cooker for a few hours trying to correct your broken fat bomb :lol:

FOR ANYONE USING LARD - the temperature of the mixture needs to be slightly lower for it to emulsify. Try 148 Farenheit/64 Celcius

Yup. That temperature is very important. Yes, you can fix it if needed, but it is never quite as good.

Keyhole said:

Great instructional video Thorn and Keyhole! I haven't made the fat bomb using lard yet, so I shall give it a go following your great video. Also yin yang cocoa icing looked pretty neat :thup:

Good job you two! Excellent video. It looks delicious and creamy! It was nice to see every step described, your own method and ingredients, and just enjoyment in your cooking, plus the very nice note at the end.

We want more videos from you! :D :flowers: One of these days we'll make one ourselves, so that people can experiment with slight variations too, according to whatever is easier for them. We should actually upload this one on the Cass YT channel, probably, so that more people get to see it. Is the file too heavy for you to send it to us? If it is, I'll just download it and re-upload it on our channel (if that's ok with you, of course!). We could have a nice collection of cooking videos from everyone, and help others that way.

Chu said:
Good job you two! Excellent video. It looks delicious and creamy! It was nice to see every step described, your own method and ingredients, and just enjoyment in your cooking, plus the very nice note at the end.

We want more videos from you! :D :flowers: One of these days we'll make one ourselves, so that people can experiment with slight variations too, according to whatever is easier for them. We should actually upload this one on the Cass YT channel, probably, so that more people get to see it. Is the file too heavy for you to send it to us? If it is, I'll just download it and re-upload it on our channel (if that's ok with you, of course!). We could have a nice collection of cooking videos from everyone, and help others that way.
Thankyou Chu. We are making a meatloaf video today :D so that should be up on Monday. Some people are reluctant to eat liver because of the taste, so we have a lovely recipe which can mask the taste of the liver nicely so that people are still able to introduce it to their diet to get all of the nutrients from this superfood. It would be really nice to have other variations of fat bomb and different keto recipes all in one place for others to access.

I think uploading it to Cass channel is an awesome idea! Anything that will increase the likelihood of people watching it. It may be best for you to download it because the Internet connection here is not so good and for us to upload it we had to go to college and use the wifi there. If you can't download it let us know and we will attempt to send it.

Do you think we should create a new thread for recipe videos so that they can all be easily found in one place, and so others can add their own?

or do you think we should create separate threads for each video tutorial?

Keyhole said:
Chu said:

Thankyou Chu. We are making a meatloaf video today :D so that should be up on Monday. Some people are reluctant to eat liver because of the taste, so we have a lovely recipe which can mask the taste of the liver nicely so that people are still able to introduce it to their diet to get all of the nutrients from this superfood. It would be really nice to have other variations of fat bomb and different keto recipes all in one place for others to access.

I think uploading it to Cass channel is an awesome idea! Anything that will increase the likelihood of people watching it. It may be best for you to download it because the Internet connection here is not so good and for us to upload it we had to go to college and use the wifi there. If you can't download it let us know and we will attempt to send it.

Oh goodie. Looking forward to the meatloaf/liver video. Thanks so much!

Thank you so much, Thorn and Keyhole, for this recipe and the video showing exactly how this delicious looking custard is made.

Thank you, really well done - you are real naturals! I now have the courage to try it without gelatine. Been finding my fat bombs, although delicious, are a bit too well set. Thanks again, am looking forward to your next one. :thup: :)

Thank you for the video. It puts a lot of ideas of how to make fat bombs. Until now i was making only the sweet - chocolate version. Now what i experiment with is bone broth instead of water and duck fat. Slice of onion, half of garlic clove, pinch of fennel for taste make it delicious.
Keyhole said:
I do not use thermometer, i do not use blender either. Just a small pot, a cup, a fork and knife for breaking eggs. I check temperature with finger or just eyes. Duck fat has even lower melting temperature, just need to experiment and learn.

Great video, thanks guys. This makes it so much more user/share friendly instead of sharing just written recipes. :hug2: :perfect: and IMO the fat bomb is the staple of a keto diet.

Thorn said:
Do you think we should create a new thread for recipe videos so that they can all be easily found in one place, and so others can add their own?

or do you think we should create separate threads for each video tutorial?

I think we should have one thread titled "Cooking videos" and share them all in there, so that they are easy to find. I can do it today, probably. Just finished downloading yours from Youtube. Laura had made a few before, and there are also a couple from the North Carolina cooks. :) We'll make a specific playlist on our account, so that people can check that link and see all the videos together.

Done: https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,37495.0.html

(Added: Keyhole, Thorn, I used your YT name as the producer, at the end of the video description. But if you wish us to add your real names or something else, let me know)

Back
Top Bottom