Ceres bright spots

Interesting story here, Ceres appears to have a couple of bright 'reflective' spots which have baffled NASA.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2969463/Another-alien-mark-Ceres-Dawn-probe-spots-dimmer-companion-close-dwarf-planet-s-strange-bright-spot.html

"Ceres continues to baffle astronomers as the Dawn spacecraft gets closer to being captured into orbit around the dwarf planet.

The latest images, taken nearly 29,000 miles (46,000km) from Ceres, reveal that a bright 'alien' spot that stands out in previous images lies close to yet another bright area.

While Nasa has not provided an explanation, scientists suggest these spots may be frozen pools of ice at the bottom of a crater that reflect light."

The web page has some interesting pics & film too.

I wonder why they use "alien" knowing that it will confuse people and create crazy stories on the internet for years to come. On the other side, it would be interesting if it weren't a mere reflection but an electric discharge like in obvious comets.

yeah, like most media outlets, they throw a drop of sensationalism into the story just to get you hooked.

What interested me most about this is the fact that supposedly NASA doesn't yet have an explaination for it.

Another space anomaly that can't yet be explained?

Well, they say that they have no explanation so far, but who knows! If they knew they would find no answer, they wouldn't have talked about it in the first place, they have total control over the information after all.

The craft will orbit Ceres very soon and maybe they will release more detailed images of its surface. I wouldn't be surprised if it was comet activity since there are also other patches of bright spots in other parts of the surface:

PIA19056.jpg

And they have detected "plumes of water vapor" last year: _http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2014/22jan_ceres/
Note that they talked about icy surface...
Guess we will see.

Edit: replaced image.

I read this one on SOTT recently:

http://www.sott.net/article/292430-Dwarf-planet-Ceres-now-showing-multiple-mysterious-white-spots

Ceres

Ceres is interesting enough in its own right, and to top it off, it has this mysterious metallic bright spot. What, in fact, is it?? A link to possible explanations pasted, but as we've learned, it could certainly be something different altogether.

http://www.cnet.com/news/8-possible-explanations-for-those-bright-spots-on-dwarf-planet-ceres/

Scientists have discovered a mysterious bright spots on Ceres,link:
http://www.nature.com/news/mystery-of-bright-spots-on-ceres-grows-1.17313

Hi casper,
Before starting a new topic, you can use the search function to see if the topic didn't exist already. The post has been merged into the existing thread.

mkrnhr said:
Hi casper,
Before starting a new topic, you can use the search function to see if the topic didn't exist already. The post has been merged into the existing thread.
Sorry, I'll remember, the date of the link is 13 April, I thought it was recent news, in the future I will check. :)

On this link images are in the color

casper said:
the date of the link is 13 April, I thought it was recent news
The thing is ongoing. let's just hope they come up with something intresting ^^

I would like to share with you an experience that maybe is related. Two years ago I made an astral travel and I saw something that I think could be interesting.

First of all, I must say that you can not trust in anything you see in such "experiences", because, as far I can tell, your perception is masked by your expectations. So it is of great importance to not have any expectante in order to see something significative.

You can enter in this state through the "sleep paralysis" state or you can concentrate in visualizing an image or scene to the point your consciousness disconnects from your body's motor system and breaks the sensory-motor coupling. Once you achieve this, your imagination becomes "real" to the point anything you can imagine can be experienced. It is like entering in a dream but fully awake and, if you know what you are doing, you can manipulate the content of the experience and do whatever you want.

Well, after this small but in my opinion needed introduction I will tell you what I saw in that "astral projection".

I wanted to go to Ceres to snoop a little. But I ended in Vesta (the 2nd major body of the Asteroid Belt). I found there a city protected by a cupule. The city buildings were made of dark gray stone and there were gardens everywhere and a lot of stairs because the abrupt situation of the city. There, a very beautiful woman received me. She was dark haired and wore in a very pretty white dress. She gave me a tour through the city and told me their time was coming, that not much time would pass until the inhabitants of the city must abandon it or something like that (I don't remember the details). I remember she told me they lived there because, in the past they were related to us, but something happened and they got isolated there. After that, something appeared in the dark sky above the cupule and started to attack the city. In that moment my sensory-motor coupling was restablished and the "astral projection" ended.

Well, maybe this is not important because, you know... astral travels can be very deceiving... and it was not Ceres, it was Vesta... but you can imagine how excited I got when these big white spot appeared in the Dawn Probe's photos... LOL!!

Other thing, these white spots are very very interesting because if that white light is only reflect of the Sun's light... well, they appear very bright even in the sunset horizon....

Attachments

• Ceres Sunset.png
    Ceres Sunset.png
    655.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Ceres Near Sunset.png
    Ceres Near Sunset.png
    653.1 KB · Views: 16
Re: Ceres

Apologies, just saw this has been mentioned, both on SOTT and the forum! Don't want to waste valuable time-->energy!

Back
Top Bottom