Angels?

cope

Dagobah Resident
About a month ago, i experienced something that still reverberates in my mind. It happened just before waking up, that time of sequences of short dreams. From my bed i can see the stars Northward, if i sit up i can see the veggie garden. There i saw a group of maybe seven beings, human size, white shining robes, no features. As i picked up their mind-set, they seemed impervious to any evil, just by the extreme goodness they emanated, evil would just not hold. I thought, this is an example of how good i have to strive to become, and how impossible that seems now.. I mean, take the short times that i'm my best, make that permanent, and than yet a hole level higher. And anyway, I'm so full of myself i didnt even asked them something, but this impression stays nontheless.
It reminds me now of the psalms in the church of my youth i hated so much: o god you're so good and i'm so nothing, help me?

It sounds like an eye-opening experience. For what it's worth I think what really matters is where we're headed and not were we are right now. It can be difficult to get a sense of the sacred but when we do we often seem closer to non-existence than to anything Divine.

I don't really see it as striving to be good but rather reaching for the Divine and then remembering who we are. That it is God who manifests his qualities through us. So in that sense we really are nothing, and yet we display the qualities of God also!

Frequent mediation on those that inspire us, the Prayer of the Soul, etc. helps. It takes a lot of work and anything that comes easily can be lost just as easily. So we start from where we are. And sometimes that's just asking for the desire and will to have the qualities that we need. Sometimes it feels like a battle for our intentions and there are so many distractions.

It's easy to forget what really matters so maybe this was a little reminder? I also wouldn't beat yourself up about not asking anything. The universe is always waiting for us to ask :cool2:

"A beggar, Lord, i ask of Thee
More than a thousand kings could ask.
Each one wants something, which he asks of Thee.
I come to ask Thee to give me Thyself."
~ Ansari of Herat

Back
Top Bottom