Antarctica was the hottest day in history

casper

The Living Force
The first time when the measurements in Antarctica is measured a record high temperature of 17.5 degrees Celsius. It was last Tuesday, a day before it was 17.4 degrees.Scientists have not yet agreed on whether this record is valid for the entire continent as the base on which the temperature measured is located in the far northern edge.
Such a high temperature in Antarctica last time measured on 24 April 1961.
Last week, the newspaper published a scientific study that claims to the continent every year losing 310 cubic kilometers of ice which increases the risk of sea level rise.

Hi casper, do you have a reference? Because when I look at this map here: _http://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/surface/level/overlay=temp/winkel3=-11.15,-87.40,228 the hottest air temperatures in Antarctica are around -17°C.
Also, the claims about ice loss are bogus. There is ice loss and ice gain all the time. If one does speak of any one of them without mentioning the other, it's manipulation. If one sees for instance the ice extent of Antarctica this year, it's above average (recent average):
S_timeseries.png

mkrnhr said:
Hi casper, do you have a reference? Because when I look at this map here: _http://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/surface/level/overlay=temp/winkel3=-11.15,-87.40,228 the hottest air temperatures in Antarctica are around -17°C.
Also, the claims about ice loss are bogus. There is ice loss and ice gain all the time. If one does speak of any one of them without mentioning the other, it's manipulation. If one sees for instance the ice extent of Antarctica this year, it's above average (recent average):
S_timeseries.png
I found this informacion on that link:
time.com/3762354/antarctica-temperature-high/

It seems to be a spike measurement (a statistical oddity, but not as rare as it may seem) due to the actual jet stream disruption (which is due to the weakening of the Sun-Earth connection and the global transition to a colder period). I checked some stations within Antarctica and it's really cold in some places. Their Global warming nonsense is so ridiculous it became pitiful.

Added:

antflow.jpg

Jet stream image for Tuesday, March, 24, 2015, over Antarctica. An unusually extreme contortion of the jet stream allowed a ridge of high pressure to extend far to the south over the Antarctic Peninsula, bringing record-warm air from South America. Image credit: : University of Main Climate Reanalyzer.

Is a current to briefly go over the area and to create such a short-term extreme, because the last time the same temperature measured in 1961?
Do you have any information about it?

I don't know if there are records of the jet stream from 1961. The earliest reference I came through once was from the late 70's.
Here is a commentary on one paper linking jet stream blocking with low solar activity _http://joannenova.com.au/2014/03/solar-output-correllates-with-the-north-atlantic-jet-stream-over-a-millenia/
I'll have to read the original paper through the weekend though :)

Added: Anyway, I know someone whose ex companion spent an entire year in Antarctica and what appears from what people who have been working there for many years say, is that there are more and more cold record breaking, more often and lasting longer. Of course, this is just human impressions but since the entire continent has no more than a few thousand inhabitants, it makes it quite a considerable population sample. Real data are preferable though.

These data I found in the encyclopedia, quote:

Air-conditioned high-pressure air above the giant ice surface (semipermanentna anticyclones), with who smoke a very strong wind (90 m / s) the field is relatively low and variable pressure (cyclone) on the shores of the ocean; in sr. parts of Antarctica, the average temperature of the cold part of the year is from -20 to -30 ° C on the coast, or from -40 to -70 ° C in the interior. The absolute minimum in Antarctica, and the earth was -89.2 ° C, measured on 21 July. In 1983 the station Vostok. The temperature of the warm part of the year can reach 15 ° C (maximum temperature); sr. the value of 0 ° C to coast to -20 ° C or -30 ° C in the interior. Annual rainfall in the coastal belt are 500 to 600 mm, and in the interior of only 50 mm.

Casper did you happen to watch TV show "Na rubu znanosti" (On the edge of science) about global warming?

casper said:
The first time when the measurements in Antarctica is measured a record high temperature of 17.5 degrees Celsius. It was last Tuesday, a day before it was 17.4 degrees.Scientists have not yet agreed on whether this record is valid for the entire continent as the base on which the temperature measured is located in the far northern edge.
Such a high temperature in Antarctica last time measured on 24 April 1961.
Last week, the newspaper published a scientific study that claims to the continent every year losing 310 cubic kilometers of ice which increases the risk of sea level rise.

It's probably important to remember that Antarctica is big with minimal data representations as shown above. The size of that continent (ice covered) is near 14.0 million km² (5.4 million/sq miles). Canada for instance is somewhere around 40% smaller, so one of its measured edges is not a great representation - like Vancouver vs. Hudson's Bay.

Check out this article from Steven Goddard - Spectacular Antarctic Lies To Start The Morning

https://stevengoddard.wordpress.com/2015/03/31/spectacular-antarctic-lies-to-start-the-morning/

Article said:
The level of deceit from alarmists is approaching infinity. They pick a one day reading at one location as proof of continental warming, in defiance of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

casper said:
Yozilla said:
Casper did you happen to watch TV show "Na rubu znanosti" (On the edge of science) about global warming?
Yes, Mišak with his guest Vladimir Paar

hah i've missed that one, but i watched another one with prof. dr., Fred Goldberg from Royal Swedish Academy in which he said few interesting facts about global "warming"... you can find it on youtube...

Y

Vulcan59 said:
Article said:
The level of deceit from alarmists is approaching infinity. They pick a one day reading at one location as proof of continental warming, in defiance of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.
Exactly, it's data cherry picking at its most ridiculous level. Take this year's cold records everywhere in the northern hemisphere, not a comment in the corporate media or if there is, it's the delusional "it's cold because of global warming". Then if you have a few days of hot weather during the years, all media will bark "it's hot because of global warming".

I thought this area is warming...

http://m.news24.com/news24/Green/News/Record-Antarctic-sea-ice-a-logistic-problem-20150512

Well, for Global Warming[TM] believers, more ice is warming, less ice is warming, which prompts the question as to whether they really know what the word warming means. BTW, here are the latest Antarctic sea Ice extant relatively to the 1981->2010 mean. Anyone in the Mainstream "Scientific "Media who claims that the Antarctic is melting is delusional or worse.

s_plot_hires.png

Back
Top Bottom