Session 4 April 2015

Leonarda said:
Palinurus said:
Regarding Pomp and circumstance: this is a reference to compositions of Sir Edward Elgar.

The complete set contains six of them: Pomp and Circumstance Marches

Here is a performance of the most well known one of the lot, Land of Hope and Glory:

Enjoy, or not...

How can anybody not enjoy that? ;D Thank you Palinurus, it's breathtaking!

Yes, it is gorgeous!
and yes it tells pretty well how things feel lately, ...something amazing in the middle of chaos, and the ground isn't stable which is uncomfortable, but sometimes it tickles in the stomach when everything sways (or something like that)

Strange, I know it well enough to hum along, but I don't remember where I know it from, -has it been used as soundtrack for some famous movie or something?

I love the orchestra analogy in that C's session too. It actually describes some of the recent posting on the forum when people start misinterpreting the material or making wild, disconnected "word salad"-like speculations, etc. And then some other posters will join in for the salad shooter postings, while the rest of the forum is trying to bring things back to playing in tune and restoring the harmony of understanding, while others join in with the misunderstandings / misinterpretations and wild, disconnected speculations, and so on. Seems some can play true when those around them are playing a whole other piece, while others get triggered and start playing a whole other score too. Or so I think....

13 Twirling Triskeles said:
loreta said:
I am very ignorant with the quantum theory, I don't have enough information and if it is mathematical I am zero for this, but I have the impression that Proust had an idea about the quantum theory. Plus, for him we can change the past, going to it and understand what happened and why and the consequences of our actions. So when we "travel" to the past, and his novels are about time and past and present and future (you can take any book of his work without following a rule), we not just re-live a situation but we understand with new eyes. That reminds me also what Laura said about that we can change the past, but I don't know where I read her sentence!

Join the club, Loreta. I, too, am very ignorant about quantum theory. And I am also ignorant about Proust. I've read many of the classical authors -- but Proust was one I missed -- so I didn't know his stories were about time.

As for changing the past, I think it is possible -- at least in certain ways. For instance, healing past wounds seems to change the past in some way. Maybe because, as we look back & see what decisions we made at the moment we experienced these traumas, we realize we can now make a different decision in our present time. And our new decisions seem to change our viewpoint of the past events.

So whether we have technically and objectively changed the past, it seems we have subjectively changed something about that past experience. It appears as if we have certainly changed our present and future by changing our past decision. That may be an example of understanding with new eyes, as you say.

On a slightly different tangent, a woman told me that she and her mother both suffered from constipation. After this women did some therapy about past sexual abuse during her childhood, her constipation disappeared. But the amazing thing was that her mother's constipation also disappeared.

So it seemed as if her own healing work affected not only her own present and future, but traveled back to her ancestral line (her mother) and healed her mother as well. I thought that was astounding and I said to her -- Wow! That makes the work of healing my own past wounds more worth doing than if I were healing just for myself. To be able to help heal some of my own mother's past wounds by healing my own is the best of all reasons for me to do this work.

Anyway, that's the story. It's an interesting hypothesis and would be wonderful if we could verify that this could actually happen, yes?

Cheers, Loreta. And thank you once again for clarifying the Proust connection to time and the C's being just a thought away. :)
Hi all,
An idea about the quantum theory, maybe we need to try another path to understand it.
For example, how about Sufi whirling?
282750.jpg

and
Screenshot_2015_04_19_12_45_51.jpg

Best regards,

I was thinking that in a scenario described by the music (and it seems to be happening in both the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual world at once now), one has to be quite flexible to survive, and go into a kind of intuitive dance mode to be able to use the force of the swaying of the piece of ground one stands on to jump onto the next piece of ground, and if one instead get scared or is too rigid, and try to hold on to the piece of ground one stands on, or think one can stay put while planning ones next move, one will fall into the abyss with it...

In a sense go with the chaos instead of resisting it, though surfing it instead of being part of it...

hahaha Christian, I was just being reminded about Gurdieffs whirling dances while writing the above, and then you post pictures and drawing of Sufi whirling while I'm writing.
(I don't know what your drawing means though)

That was supposed to be posted in the April drop dead date thread but it would be lost there because it is not so frequently visited as of now. So that is my question.

Does anyone think that the ADDD (April Drop Dead Date) is still on the cards this month?
And if so we still have 11 days for it to happen.

What do you think could happen in those 11 days? Any ideas? And when? What would be the cause?
Just out of curiosity :)

Caledonia said:
That was supposed to be posted in the April drop dead date thread but it would be lost there because it is not so frequently visited as of now. So that is my question.

Does anyone think that the ADDD (April Drop Dead Date) is still on the cards this month?

What do you think could happen in those 11 days? Any ideas? And when? What would be the cause?

Caledonia,

My main guess right now is that Israel's decision to join AIIB was the ADDD. I cannot totally confirm the acceptance by AIIB but here is one link:

_http://www.globes.co.il/en/article-israel-joins-chinese-infrastructure-bank-1001028755

It states:

Israel joins Chinese infrastructure bank
15/04/2015, 18:54
Amiram Barkat
Israel is joining the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) despite US opposition.

The secretariat of the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) today officially announced that Israel had been approved as the bank's 52nd out of 57 founding members. The Chinese initiative for founding the multinational financial institution was designed to provide financing for infrastructure development projects in Asian countries - general development of the region. The founding of the bank is slated for completion towards the end of this year.

This would seem to be a self-bail-out on Israel's part but I am just guessing. :huh: :cool2:

Caledonia said:

For me, this seems to be an exercise filled with anticipation. The world will make 11 revolutions?

It may be a better exercise to tune our personal instruments to the orchestra, so we can play in harmony when the chords are struck.

WIN 52 said:
Caledonia said:

For me, this seems to be an exercise filled with anticipation. The world will make 11 revolutions?

It may be a better exercise to tune our personal instruments to the orchestra, so we can play in harmony when the chords are struck.

WIN 52,

First of all I do like your answer "The world will make 11 revolutions?" which ends with a question mark. And I like the emphasis on getting in tune with each other too. With that in mind I considered Caledonia's question.

My answer to his question was not really a prediction (although it could have been future I suppose) since it had already happened about 4 days before I noticed it. And I think we should not be obsessed with making predictions especially because the Cs are always saying dates are "open" due to so many possibilities.

This caused me to think about the differences between "curiosity" and "anticipation". Because I was curious!

Here are some thoughts from the Cs on curiosity:

Session 3 January 2009

Q: (L) I have a question I want to ask. A lot of people say that esotericism and politics shouldn't be mixed together, that
somebody who has esoteric pursuits - or spiritual pursuits, let me put it that way - shouldn't be interested in "worldly" things. I
would like to have your view on this. Have we gone completely astray by mixing in politics?
A: Absolutely and vehemently not!!! There is no possibility of true spiritual work progressing without full awareness of the world
that surrounds you. What have we said about "true religion?" Let your curiosity guide you. In its pure state curiosity is a spiritual
function.

Session 31 May 1995

(L) So, it occurs to me that in terms of many of the transcripts, probably the best information is when
we didn't have any beliefs or assumptions about anything at all. We were just asking out of pure
curiosity.
A: Yes

Can we be too curious? Well if we want to find out too much too soon I think it can be a problem.

Session 31 August 1996

Q: (L) Is Ark going to be able to help us with technology, to help other people, or to protect ourselves
in some way? In this really bizarre stuff going on here on our planet?
A: Too much, too soon, my dear. Curiosity killed the cat.
Q: (L) Well, satisfaction brought him back!
A: Not in this case!!!

Anyway, I just think Caledonia is showing a more normal approach than he sometimes has shown by trying to predict instead of "observing reality left and right".

Hi, Christian & Miss.K:
Miss.K said:
in a scenario described by the music (and it seems to be happening in both the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual world at once now), one has to be quite flexible to survive, and go into a kind of intuitive dance mode to be able to use the force of the swaying of the piece of ground one stands on to jump onto the next piece of ground, and if one instead get scared or is too rigid, and try to hold on to the piece of ground one stands on, or think one can stay put while planning ones next move, one will fall into the abyss with it...

In a sense go with the chaos instead of resisting it, though surfing it instead of being part of it...

I don’t understand the drawing, either, but I enjoy looking at it, and I like the idea of dancing with the chaos!

"A: It cannot be set in stone; remember that about half of all babies never house individualized souls. In some cases it can be very early, and others, as late as early adulthood. "

I've been somewhat reluctant to come to terms with this. I know that a lot of people who don't show up on the other side (so to speak ) probably never actualized an individual soul. But it was difficult to look at loved ones including my two boys and have regard for the concept.

However, I realized while pondering it again, that I don't care. Organic portal or not, I'll be doing my best to help my loved ones become self actualized so it hardly matters.

Then I reflected on my own life, and recalled how mechanical I was as a child, although innately curious about how everything works, I certainly seemed machine like.

Then when I was ten I had a vivid dream where I was trapped beneath my sheets, panicking as no matter which way I turned I couldn't get out. I was also quite panicked about the beings that were around my bed, confused as to how I knew about them being there and confused about household they seemed to be happy about the situation I was in. I knew they were benevolent and loving but it didn't seem to fit that they were happy about my being stuck.

Perhaps from the trauma of that dream or perhaps because it was as it seems, that a soul hopped into the body, I looked on the world very differently from that point.

Interesting.

Christian - Reply #315 on: Yesterday at 01:42:25 PM said:
Hi all,
An idea about the quantum theory, maybe we need to try another path to understand it.
For example, how about Sufi whirling? . . . .

<snipped out the Photo and Drawing of Whirling Sufis>

Hi Christian -- Love the drawing. Apologies, but perhaps because I am completely out of my depth on this subject (quantum theory) I am failing to understand QT even with your beautiful drawing. Probably because I just don't understand the basics in layman's terms. Is there some connection to the ideas of time and/or chaos in QT? And how QT connects to the C's statement:

C's said:
A: We ride the Wave and thus are much "closer" than you can imagine. At the same time, imagination is the most direct way to comprehend that we are only a thought away.

I google searched Quantum Theory and below are the first 3 paragraphs from one of the sites. Frankly, I still don't understand it any better after reading about it than I did before. To me, it's all just tossed salad meaninglessness.

I think I would need QT explained with an analogy or example I could understand in order for me to get my little wits wrapped around this theory. Like explaining Morphogenic Resonance using the example of the story of the 100th Monkey experiment.

But thank you for trying to help me out here. Besides, I like your drawing even if I still fail to understand the Theory. :)

_http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/quantum-theory

Quantum Theory

Quantum theory is the theoretical basis of modern physics that explains the nature and behavior of matter and energy on the atomic and subatomic level. The nature and behavior of matter and energy at that level is sometimes referred to as quantum physics and quantum mechanics.

In 1900, physicist Max Planck presented his quantum theory to the German Physical Society. Planck had sought to discover the reason that radiation from a glowing body changes in color from red, to orange, and, finally, to blue as its temperature rises. He found that by making the assumption that energy existed in individual units in the same way that matter does, rather than just as a constant electromagnetic wave - as had been formerly assumed - and was therefore quantifiable, he could find the answer to his question. The existence of these units became the first assumption of quantum theory.

Planck wrote a mathematical equation involving a figure to represent these individual units of energy, which he called quanta. The equation explained the phenomenon very well; Planck found that at certain discrete temperature levels (exact multiples of a basic minimum value), energy from a glowing body will occupy different areas of the color spectrum. Planck assumed there was a theory yet to emerge from the discovery of quanta, but, in fact, their very existence implied a completely new and fundamental understanding of the laws of nature. Planck won the Nobel Prize in Physics for his theory in 1918, but developments by various scientists over a thirty-year period all contributed to the modern understanding of quantum theory.

ka said:
Hi, Christian & Miss.K:
Miss.K said:
in a scenario described by the music (and it seems to be happening in both the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual world at once now), one has to be quite flexible to survive, and go into a kind of intuitive dance mode to be able to use the force of the swaying of the piece of ground one stands on to jump onto the next piece of ground, and if one instead get scared or is too rigid, and try to hold on to the piece of ground one stands on, or think one can stay put while planning ones next move, one will fall into the abyss with it...

I don’t understand the drawing, either, but I enjoy looking at it, and I like the idea of dancing with the chaos!

Hi ka -- I didn't understand the drawing connection with quantum theory either -- perhaps because I don't understand anything about quantum theory. But, like you, I LIKE the drawing anyway. And the idea of dancing with the chaos. Exactly! Sounds like an approach I would find easy to do since I love dancing.

It reminds me of trying to navigate a crowded dance floor when the dancers are drunk and have their eyes closed -- and they've all got drinks in one hand and a lit cigarette in the other hand. The way I do it is to keep my own eyes opened, and dance through the dancers like a ninja -- following the musical rhythm and beats -- being quick to side step or alter my course or stop on a dime. What doesn't work is to barge through like a steam-roller -- bumping into other dancers or knocking them down. My intention is to move through the space without disturbing anyone else and still reach my goal.

So I like Miss K's idea of being like the flexible willow tree rather than the rigid stationary oak. Sometimes it's easier for me to retain my balance by being in motion than to remain standing still.

Thanks everyone for the interesting discussion. I do hope we are getting this orchestra tuned up so we can play a symphony as resoundingly powerful and moving as Pomp & Circumstance! :)

SeekinTruth Reply #314 on: Yesterday at 01:20:06 PM said:
I love the orchestra analogy in that C's session too. It actually describes some of the recent posting on the forum when people start misinterpreting the material or making wild, disconnected "word salad"-like speculations, etc. And then some other posters will join in for the salad shooter postings, while the rest of the forum is trying to bring things back to playing in tune and restoring the harmony of understanding, while others join in with the misunderstandings / misinterpretations and wild, disconnected speculations, and so on. Seems some can play true when those around them are playing a whole other piece, while others get triggered and start playing a whole other score too. Or so I think.

Holding up hand and hanging head in sheepish acknowledgment. Thank you SeekinTruth for reminding me/us to refrain from going off on tangents and creating cacophony in the symphony the Forum Network is attempting to play here. I will pledge to be more aware of my own infractions in future. Good thing you Conductors are on your toes and can and will rap your conductor batons to gain our attention and bring us back into harmony. Blessings. :)

P.S. OMG -- it occurs to me that this very post of mine may be precisely what you are referring to SeekinTruth. True? Not meaning to be wiseacre-ing, but if so, I've now graduated to sitting in the corner of the room on the stool with the Dunce Cap upon my head. :(

loreta said:
A: We ride the Wave and thus are much "closer" than you can imagine. At the same time, imagination is the most direct way to comprehend that we are only a thought away.

Imagination is creativity. I remember now that Marcel Proust said about his creativity, his ideas, his personal vision of his masterpiece and of life, were not from his brain, or mind, or from him. He said that everything was coming from the cosmos, that everything, ideas, projects, creation of something, inventions, everything was already in someplace and the "creator" or us in fact, the humans, can pick it up. It is just a question to be "open", to accept, to listen, to be aware, to give permission to our imagination. It is the words of the C's: "we are only a thought away" that made me think about Proust.

Hi loreta,

I like your concept expression. It's very much in line with the idea of information with infinite permutations. It does seem everything IS already out there--to be picked up. Receivership and imagination the keys.

Every book--however great or trivial, has been written. Every act--big and small, had been done. Every energy configuration, exist. And every orchestral composition--played. Simultaneous in "time". All accessible through the moment point. Past and future.

It's a truly staggering concept, and one the C's have cryptically alluded to.

In the interesting book "Magic & Mystery in Tibet" by Alexandra David-Neel, there're intriguing references to this process of thought transference. Though more in the way of telepathy between humans. It was written in 1932. The Tibetans called the phenomenon "messages on the wind".

The language and concept descriptions are remarkably close to those the C's have used--in describing their "messages on the wind"--blowing in from the 6th density thought realm.
See for yourself and decide.

A few excerpts:

Messages sent "on the wind"

Tibetan adepts of secret lore are unanimous in ascribing the cause of the phenomena to an intense concentration of thought.

Mystic teachers declare that mastery in telepathy requires a perfect command over the mind, in order to procure, at will, the powerful "one-pointedness of thought" on which the phenomenon depends.

The part of the conscious "receiver," always ready to vibrate at the subtle shock of the telepathic waves, is considered almost as difficult as that of the "sender". To begin with, the intended receiver must have been "tuned" with him from whom he especially expects messages.

Nearly identical descriptions ... word for word. Written in Tibet, in 1932.

Well, to be honest, I wasn't referring to you, 13 T T, but some of the really wild / disconnected / meaningless speculations and wiseacre exercises we've seen recently on the forum, where not only does the poster obviously not know what s/he's talking about, no matter what angle you try to look at what they're getting at, but they state things in ways where it's as if all their musings are incontravertible facts. Also when pointed out that their posts are totally missing the mark of what the general interpretations of forum members are on things discussed, while keeping our minds open to new data, they keep going on and on in the same vein. It's like being told by the conductor, as you said, to play what's on the sheet music, and they say "OK, I will" and keep playing a completely different score (that's also full of cacophony).

As far as quantum theory, I'm not sure anybody really understands it, in the sense that there are different interpretations of what it all really means. Lots of math is also used to describe things, like all physics, where only those fluent in it can follow the formulas. I've learned a little bit of advanced maths decades ago, and can't remember most of it. The only thing I remember well is just basic algebra, because I've used it to figure things out in a few different fields, so didn't forget it like the rest.

In layman's terms, I think putting quantum theory in a nutshell is that the "solid" physical world we perceive with our senses is not how things work in reality. My best guest is that what is observed on the subatomic, quantum level is the interaction or interface, if you will, of the information fields and the physical world. Like your actually seeing the way information MAKES the physical world manifest. All sorts of possibilities coexist until observation / measurement of the system is made. So, like a prudent person, Nature seems to like to keep all her options open as long as possible. :)

Back
Top Bottom