The Quantum Mechanics of Fate

Retrocausality is an interesting topic. The idea of retrocausality can be found in Maxwell's electromagentic equations which mathematically generate two solutions - one em wave propagating forward in time (retarded wave) while another wave travels backwards in time (advanced wave). The advanced wave solution is generally rejected because it does not have "physical significance".

Similar arguments hold for the equations unifying the quantum wave function and relativity theory - the Klein Gordon equation for example. This also has solutions that include both forward and backward time components. However, here too "backward time violates causality - so it is just a mathematical artifact which is physically useless" argument is generally invoked.

The Italian mathematician Luigi Fantappie had researched this rejected advance wave solution and came up with the concept of "syntropy", the opposite of entropy.

From _http://www.sintropia.it/sse/syntropy.htm
Luigi Fantappiè was born in Viterbo in 1901, studied at the “Università Normale” di Pisa, where he was a close friend with Enrico Fermi, and became a full professor at 25 years; in 1955 Openheimer offered him a seat at Princeton, but he could not accept because of his health conditions. He died in 1956.

As a mathematician he believed that mathematical solutions need to be considered as possible. For this reason he could not accept the fact that in physics the negative solution of the d’Alambert operator and of the Klein-Gordon equation (which unite special relativity with the Shrödinger wave equation) had been refused as impossible. Working on these equations he found out that while the positive solution is governed by the law of entropy which moves forward in time the negative solution is governed by a symmetrical law which he named syntropy.

The enlargement of science to syntropy implies a deep cultural change which Fantappiè describes in the following way:

“I have no doubts about the date when I discovered the law of syntropy. It was in the days just before Christmas 1941, when, as a consequence of conversations with two colleagues, a physicist and a biologist, I was suddenly projected in a new panorama, which radically changed the vision of science and of the Universe which I had inherited from my teachers, and which I had always considered the strong and certain ground on which to base my scientific investigations. Suddenly I saw the possibility of interpreting a wide range of solutions (the anticipated potentials) of the wave equation which can be considered the fundamental law of the Universe. These solutions had been always rejected as “impossible”, but suddenly they appeared “possible”, and they explained a new category of phenomena which I later named “syntropic”, totally different from the entropic ones, of the mechanical, physical and chemical laws, which obey only the principle of classical causation and the law of entropy. Syntropic phenomena, which are instead represented by those strange solutions of the “anticipated potentials”, should obey two opposite principles of finality (moved by a final cause placed in the future, and not by a cause which is placed in the past): differentiation and non-causable in a laboratory. This last characteristic explained why this type of phenomena had never been reproduced in a laboratory, and its finalistic properties justified the refusal among scientists, who accepted without any doubt the assumption that finalism is a “metaphysical” principle, outside Science and Nature. This assumption obstructed the way to a calm investigation of the real existence of this second type of phenomena; an investigation which I accepted to carry out, even though I felt as if I were falling in a abyss, with incredible consequences and conclusions. It suddenly seemed as if the sky were falling apart, or at least the certainties on which mechanical science had based its assumptions. It appeared to me clear that these “syntropic”, finalistic phenomena which lead to differentiation and could not be reproduced in a laboratory, were real, and existed in nature, as I could recognize them in the living systems. The properties of this new law, opened consequences which were just incredible and which could deeply change the biological, medical, psychological, and social sciences.”

It is known that life violates the entropy law of thermodynamics. Fontappie's contention is that the syntropic formulation is useful for solving the "puzzle" of living organisms.

The statement that syntropic phenomena cannot be replicated in the laboratory may not be completely true. PSI experiments by Dean Radin, as well as experiments conducted by Vannini and Di Corpo show indications of retrocausality at work. Interesting models of consciousness evolve from this.

_http://journalofcosmology.com/Consciousness101.html
... Luigi Fantappiè’s syntropy model and Chris King’s quantum transactions model describe consciousness as a consequence of the properties of advanced waves...

According to King, the constant interaction between information coming from the past and information coming from the future would place life in front of bifurcations. This constant antagonism between past and future would force life into a state of free will and consciousness. Consequently consciousness would be a property of all living structures: each cell and biological process would be forced to choose between information coming from the past and information coming from the future (King, 1996). This constant state of choice would be common to all levels of life and would give form to chaotic behaviour on which the conscious brain would feed. King (1996) states that "The chaotic processes which are observed in the neuronal system can be the result of behaviour which is apparently random and probabilistic, since they are non local in space and time. This would allow neuronal networks to connect in a subquantum way with non local situations and explain why behaviour results in being non deterministic and non computational."

<My Speculations>

It seems that the advance waves/retrocausality model is a promising candidate in the path of unifying understandings in physics and psychology. If anyone is interested, take a look at the picture attached with this post . The advance wave solution of the quantum wave function can be related to the field like influences of the Jungian archetypes and Rupert Sheldrake's morphogenetic/behavioral fields. What I mean by that is the effect of archetypes and morphic fields (discussed in Instincts and Archetypes) on living beings can be imagined as working through the advanced wave functions. These influences are known to be non-local (operating outside space and linear "forward" time) and so is the syntropy model.

There has to be a mediator between these syntropic fields/influences and the observable/measurable/material realms. Water (discussed in GERALD POLLACK: Electrically Structured Water ) is a potential candidate for the living cells in the material realm. As discussed in the linked thread,

[quote author=Scottie]
In short, it appears that because of this structured water phenomenon, water is basically nature's energy converter.
[/quote]

Emotions (often compared metaphorically to water) mediated physiologically through the autonomic nervous system and its associated neuropeptides (Candace Pert's "Molecules of Emotion" and Body is the Subconscious Mind ) could be the mediators for the observable realm of the mind. This formulation would provide more substance to the outline of the 4 quadrant mind-matter picture - osit, but I could be off.

Thank you obyvatel for sharing the concept of "syntropy" together with your links and speculations about this subject of retrocausality.
Here is a video where Huw Price (Cambridge) gives a talk at the MCMP Colloquium titled "Retrocausality - What Would it Take?". Abstract: Some writers argue that retrocausality offers an attractive loophole in Bell's Theorem, allowing an explanation of EPR-Bell correlations without "spooky action-at-a-distance." This idea originated more than a decade before Bell's famous result, when de Broglie's student, Olivier Costa de Beauregard, first proposed that retrocausality plays a role in EPR contexts. The proposal is difficult to assess, because there has been little work on the general question of what a world with retrocausality would "look like" - what kinds of considerations, if any, would properly lead to the conclusion that we do live in such a world. In this talk are discussed these general issues, with the aim of bringing the more specific question as to whether quantum theory implies retrocausality into sharper focus than has hitherto been possible:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_y1ORyC344E

About retrocausality, there is an interesting connection with the C's :

It could be seen as some kind of intervention from (our) Laura's future to give paths, indications, clues toward this particular future, which would be the most creative one in an STO mode...

Back
Top Bottom