Study finds first evidence of inter-species hormone exchange

Miss.K

Dagobah Resident
http://rt.com/news/250485-dogs-love-humans-hormone/

OK for me this has always been self evident, but here is proof.
I would think it is the same with other species of animals, when friendships occur

Miss.K said:

I would think it is the same with other species of animals, when friendships occur

Miss.K

Gee wiz, after reading that article, now I won't know if ours dogs really just like us or are just after an oxytocin fix! :P

goyacobol said:
Miss.K said:

Miss.K

Gee wiz, after reading that article, now I won't know if ours dogs really just like us or are just after an oxytocin fix! :P

I've been thinking about if there is a difference between emotions and hormones? I mean is it because one feels love that one gets an oxitocin fix, or does one get an oxitocin fix and therefor feel love?

My former cat, I had left intact, as I had the baby fever and had given up the thought of having babies, and thought I'd allow me and my cat to experience the joys of motherhood by getting kittens once in life. But she couldn't get pregnant, or she got pregnant and lost them (I'm not sure) But she got an infection in her uterus that was pretty bad, and so had to have it removed.

But the weeks when she produced pregnancy hormones, it was really fascinating how she changed. She became so human in her behavior. She feel in love with me, and wanted mostly to lay beside me and look deeply and lovingly into my eyes while resting her little paw on my cheek, then after a few weeks, they were gone and she was a cat again. A sweet kind cat. But totally cat, not human.

And as I have tried to feel that way when in love, that one of the best things one can think of is laying looking deeply into the loved ones eyes, it made me think of what is hormones and what is emotions, and is there a difference..?

Miss.K said:
goyacobol said:
Miss.K said:

Miss.K

I've been thinking about if there is a difference between emotions and hormones? I mean is it because one feels love that one gets an oxitocin fix, or does one get an oxitocin fix and therefor feel love?

My former cat, I had left intact, as I had the baby fever and had given up the thought of having babies, and thought I'd allow me and my cat to experience the joys of motherhood by getting kittens once in life. But she couldn't get pregnant, or she got pregnant and lost them (I'm not sure) But she got an infection in her uterus that was pretty bad, and so had to have it removed.

But the weeks when she produced pregnancy hormones, it was really fascinating how she changed. She became so human in her behavior. She feel in love with me, and wanted mostly to lay beside me and look deeply and lovingly into my eyes while resting her little paw on my cheek, then after a few weeks, they were gone and she was a cat again. A sweet kind cat. But totally cat, not human.

And as I have tried to feel that way when in love, that one of the best things one can think of is laying looking deeply into the loved ones eyes, it made me think of what is hormones and what is emotions, and is there a difference..?

Perhaps the hormones are a physical manifestation of Love which is from a higher spiritual level.

"As above, So Below"

Mac

Miss.K said:

incredible ... my first article today was this one ... and as well as through other magazines I found similar stories has been published a lot today, as this approve of what we know indeed is groundbreaking at understanding of love and compassion .. and I really liked this one https://www.facebook.com/lostateminor/posts/10153178077533972
Dogs are just incredible!

Mac said:
Perhaps the hormones are a physical manifestation of Love which is from a higher spiritual level.

"As above, So Below"

Mac

I think so ... I think that what I feel with our dog, it is kind of love you have with the kids, it is differently communicated, but actually it is all this same caring, emphaty, understanding and at the end also physical experience with petting and hugging ... just when our Frodo sits on a sofa between all of us at the end of the day, or in the morning when he sneaks into our bed ... that is just incredible ... and than how we stare into each other eyes playing together by opening and closing them in the same rythm .. I am actually amazed how dogs can learn and get to know us humans more faster and much better in short period of time, that we humans can ...

Thanks for sharing Miss.K, reading the article, I remembered this session, when I play with my dog, I have in mind this:

Laura said:
November 7, 1994
Q: (L) Is there some way to communicate with whales or dolphins and can one find a way to translate the differences and have a reasonable, intelligent exchange with a whale or a dolphin or even an elephant?

A: You don't need conversation "with" when a higher telepathic level.

Q: (L) Dolphins and whales communicate telepathically?

A: Yes. So do dogs and cats and snakes etc. etc. only humans have learned the "superior" art of verbal communication.

Q: (L) But, at the same time, verbal communication can be quite limiting, is that correct?

A: That is the point.

Q: (L) So, you were being sarcastic with me, weren't you?

A: Humorous.

Q: (L) Do whales form long-lasting bonds and feel love?

A: Yes.

Q: (L) Do dogs feel love?

A: Dogs feel need as love.

riclapaz said:
Thanks for sharing Miss.K, reading the article, I remembered this session, when I play with my dog, I have in mind this:

Laura said:
November 7, 1994
Q: (L) Is there some way to communicate with whales or dolphins and can one find a way to translate the differences and have a reasonable, intelligent exchange with a whale or a dolphin or even an elephant?

A: Yes. So do dogs and cats and snakes etc. etc. only humans have learned the "superior" art of verbal communication.

Q: (L) But, at the same time, verbal communication can be quite limiting, is that correct?

thank you Riclapaz for sharing this bit from Cass :)

Edit=Quote

solarmind said:
incredible ... my first article today was this one ... and as well as through other magazines I found similar stories has been published a lot today, as this approve of what we know indeed is groundbreaking at understanding of love and compassion .. and I really liked this one https://www.facebook.com/lostateminor/posts/10153178077533972
Dogs are just incredible!

That's some seriously cute dog pictures :love:

Mac said:

"As above, So Below"

Mac

Love is light is knowledge, as I understand it so far, means that you can't really love unless you understand what it is (anybody who has tried someone being in love with one who doesn't have a clue who one is understands that) But at the same time it seems to me that the love from a puppy who don't have a clue who one is, is a very pure love, and though the puppy seem to think one is God if one takes good care of it, due to it's level of devotion, so it clearly don't see one clearly, there is no wrong feeling of not being seen for what one is or having to live someone elses fantasy.

And it is not even that the puppy love is not demanding. It is demanding a lot of attention. Perhaps the difference is that one don't expect the puppy to understand more than it does...

So it seems to me as if there is a right kind of love, even for creatures who don't have much knowledge, and in many ways it is easier to find with animals, maybe because they are more honest, and better at Being than most humans....Wasn't it Gurdieff that said "start with animals, they respond better" about love?

I don't know, but it don't sound wrong to me, that hormones (or whatever is the chemical combo of what feels like love is) is the physical manifestation of the concept Love...

It does seem to me that the love I feel for my cat, is very calm and pure, but it seems clear that there are some "having a baby" hormones released, when caring for this little baby sized creature. I could feel it instantly when she came, before I had gotten to know her and love her for who she is.
I for example love to watch her eat. It gives me this "the children are fed so all is well" feeling, that seems to me as a very primal, instinctual or hormone induced feeling (and very effective in making one feel good, as if it is coded in the DNA that it feels very very good to feed ones children)

Not that the mechanicalness of hormone/instinct induced mother feelings bother me...it is hard to think bad about something so soft and kind. Mechanical or not.
And it don't seem to me as something that does harm (it is good for the cat and good for me it seems) I'm just curious about what is what of those feelings.

riclapaz said:

Laura said:
November 7, 1994

humans do too sometimes, though it seems as if it is a good thing when dogs do, but not when humans do..

Back
Top Bottom